I wish there were more live vocal performances like this Le Serrafim one

• I just ran across this and really enjoy how real it is

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Respect. Wish we would see more groups doing this.

• Man, 4th gen GGs are killing me. They have really wormed their way into my heart.

I feel like eventually companies will start to take note that people want live performances. After Wonyoung and LSFM getting all of that unnecessary hate for lipsyncing while sitting down, and the fact that nugu group Primrose is going viral JUST because they sang live and sounded decent.

Like...what other proof do companies need?

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• primrose with no backtrack

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't stan or know really anything abt them but they are quite nugu it's a brave move to perform without a backtrack

• Man, 4th gen GGs are killing me. They have really wormed their way into my heart.

I feel like eventually companies will start to take note that people want live performances. After Wonyoung and LSFM getting all of that unnecessary hate for lipsyncing while sitting down, and the fact that nugu group Primrose is going viral JUST because they sang live and sounded decent.

Like...what other proof do companies need?

I think most companies are too invested in maintaining a perfect image for their idols.

I knew Ive got flack for lipsyncing while seated. LSF did too?

• primrose with no backtrack

I don't stan or know really anything abt them but they are quite nugu it's a brave move to perform without a backtrack

Wow! That's especially notable since there are only two of them to split the vocal load. I'm impressed. That's brave as heck

• I think most companies are too invested in maintaining a perfect image for their idols.

I knew Ive got flack for lipsyncing while seated. LSF did too?

Yeah, when Wonyoung and Leeseo were getting hate, people started bringing up this LSFM performance where they were lipsyncing while sitting down. Still didn't take the majority of the heat off of Wonyoung though.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• It's getting harder and harder to find a performance with this level of live singing in most 'live' stages the backtrack almost completely drowns out their voices

furthermore, because of the frequent use of voice tuning on live performances and editing the heck out of them to be as perfect as possible caused people to view real raw vocals (without editing) as bad

I mean I saw people complaining about breathing sounds :pepe-shame:

• Respect. Wish we would see more groups doing this.

External Content www.youtube.com

Here's one from the infamous queens of lipsync

• It's getting harder and harder to find a performance with this level of live singing in most 'live' stages the backtrack almost completely drowns out their voices

furthermore, because of the frequent use of voice tuning on live performances and editing the heck out of them to be as perfect as possible caused people to view real raw vocals (without editing) as bad

I mean I saw people complaining about breathing sounds :pepe-shame:

It's crazy that people expect cd perfection when idols are dancing. That's impossible, especially if the choreo is intense.

I don't mind backtrack. I just wish that it wasn't all you could hear all the time. Like Monsta X uses back track to help here since the choreo is crazy with lots of jumping around, but you can still clearly hear them when they are singing for the most part.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Here's one from the infamous queens of lipsync

Oh i really appreciated that. I hope they do that more.

• Oh i really appreciated that. I hope they do that more.

External Content www.youtube.com

That's the irony, for a group that's criticized the most for lipsyncing in all of K-Pop, they do it a lot. While it's not perfect you can't fault them for not trying at least.

• External Content www.youtube.com

That's the irony, for a group that's criticized the most for lipsyncing in all of K-Pop, they do it a lot. While it's not perfect you can't fault them for not trying at least.

That's a festival performance right? I would expect live vocals for concerts and shows like that. Are idols doing a lot of lipsync outside of music shows/tv performances?

• That's a festival performance right? I would expect live vocals for concerts and shows like that. Are idols doing a lot of lipsync outside of music shows/tv performances?

It's rarer for sure at festivals. Full on lipsync at a groups own concert or a festival would risk some controversy. It would be pretty disrespectful to fans to not sing if they paid for tickets. But there's a degree to liveness even at festival performances, many groups are using loud prerecorded live vocal backtracks only singing a couple lines here and there.

• Really? Full lip sync? Why? Everyone knows SM artists can sing. Why wouldn't the company let them?

Because everyone knows they can sing they get a free pass. I guess SM wants to maintain that perfect image and live singing would always be a risk of showing some kind of imperfection.

I do appreciate that when SM artists lipsync they do it to the studio audio and it's very obvious. Somehow lipsyncing to a prerecorded vocal track with breath noises etc. included is worse since some fans actually do end up believing it is live.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!