IVE Jang Won-young's seated "lip sync" stage scandal raises hot debates in Korea + bill to "legally ban" lip sync catches attention

• While I don't particularly care about this controversy, it's weird seeing people acting like this kinda scandal is particularly unique to IVE, lipsyncing scandals exist in every gen for many groups.

Hell, the last 2 years is full of people(Including people on this forum) dragging Aespa for lipsyncing.

• While I don't particularly care about this controversy, it's weird seeing people acting like this kinda scandal is particularly unique to IVE, lipsyncing scandals exist in every gen for many groups.

Hell, the last 2 years is full of people(Including people on this forum) dragging Aespa for lipsyncing.

That's why it amused me, why did this going into national news channel or something?

I guess besides some factor, the biggest in play is because this is happening with Jang Wonyoung.

People wouldn't pay this much attention if this happens with, let's say, Hwang Sihyeon or Yoo Sua or some others.

• That's why it amused me, why did this going into national news channel or something?

I guess besides some factor, the biggest in play is because this is happening with Jang Wonyoung.

People wouldn't pay this much attention if this happens with, let's say, Hwang Sihyeon or Yoo Sua or some others.

idk why everyone is saying is just because it's Wonyoung, why no one is thinking it could be because they lip sync while sitting, like the other groups that lip sync weren't that shameless.

But of course K-pop fans run with the victimisation.

• idk why everyone is saying is just because it's Wonyoung, why no one is thinking it could be because they lip sync while sitting, like the other groups that lip sync weren't that shameless.

Oh please be fr literally there’s another group doing the same a month ago no one cared. Suddenly everyone is pointing/mentioning Wonyoung while she wasn’t the only one and Leeseo was next to her and didn’t get half of the backlash. Victimization my ass it’s problem because it’s IVE, last year aespa had the same issue and they didn’t make it to the news.

• idk why everyone is saying is just because it's Wonyoung, why no one is thinking it could be because they lip sync while sitting, like the other groups that lip sync weren't that shameless.

[enter-talk] LE SSERAFIM ALSO LIPSYNCED WHILE SITTING DOWN
    We translate Pann articles about Korean news, music, drama and lifestyle
    www.pannchoa.com

this didnt make national news.

• That's why it amused me, why did this going into national news channel or something?

well duh...no one cares about D-list celebs...it's the A-listers that people care about and those make the headlines.

Sigh, I said it's not just because of Wonyoung.

But she is the biggest factor about why this thing blew up besides some factors.

Fr, I don't wanna do this but

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

See? Indeed there are people who condemn lip sync while sitting...

But there are more people who just hate Wonyoung.

These two are not mutually exclusive.

But like I said, the reason it's blew up because it's Wonyoung.

I mean, people could also use that "why lip sync while you sitting" as their excuse to hate her.

• naw be fr we are playing victims. not all kpop lipsync :/

i mean if she can make it to the news with strawberry and hairpin ( being covered by 3 big broadcast stations). it just for views and hits at this point

Edited once, last by Rarami ().

• I see a diff perspective from this than just the same rhetoric of “they just want to hate wonyoung bcos she is popular” regarding this issue. Idc abt IVE popularity but this whole prob as its own and to why it even got big.

To me it has always portrayed a higher standard for k-pop idols through reality tv shows such as produce48 that made it known to Japan how impt vocals and dance sync are. Also k-pop is one of the contributors to Korea’s GDP https://startuptalky.com/kpop-impact-korean-economy/. It doesn’t look good with such assessments.

It’s embarrassing to be playing back ur cover sitting down and lip syncing. It’s not merely Koreans looking at it, but international audience who will judge think diff of the k-pop idols (I’m not even talking about existing stans here they don’t count - just see the YT comments). We all want our faves to look good too either way.

As a whole, I think it’s a good push to prevent lip syncing if singing ballad or sitting down without any performances.

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

• then they should have made national news starting with twice back then. then aespa then lsf then ive then all the other groups that lip sync.

kpop high standard cause international are watching..righttttt

• then they should have made national news starting with twice back then. then aespa then lsf then ive then all the other groups that lip sync.

Nah, what happens, happens.

Also if starship are having a big brain, they could turn this into some opportunity...

But for now I'll just wait and see, could sse see this chance?

Because like I said, there are other factor why this thing blew up, and..... Seems like (well at least as far as I read in akp) no one had realized this 1 other factor ^^

kpop high standard cause international are watching..righttttt

Idt there’s a twice perf other than their encore they were criticised so far. Most often then not they are dancing. If it’s performative I get that.

The whole criticism is a ballad sitting down and lip syncing. I think u didn’t get the whole point of the prob at all. It’s beyond just IVE, it’s the industry as it’s own how K-pop is portrayed.

Edited once, last by invstor099 ().

• Idt there’s a twice perf other than their encore they were criticised so far. Most often then not they are dancing. If it’s performative I get that.

The whole criticism is a ballad sitting down and lip syncing. I think u didn’t get the whole point of the prob at all.

true about the last part, but also why did it get big when just a month ago their was a group doing the same thing? you can't deny wonyoung's part of why it even made the news

• true about the last part, but also why did it get big when just a month ago their was a group doing the same thing? you can't deny wonyoung's part of why it even made the news

Wonyoung did made the news, it just brought the entire prob to light due to their popularity. I watched pd48 and it really portrayed the whole image of k-pop having that standard. Sitting down and playing ur idols cover lip syncing is a management prob. I’m not assigning blame to idols, but the industry and management alone. It doesn’t reflect good on k-pop as an export?

Besides on pd48 they won’t make it if they couldn’t sing. I think this whole forced perfection of appearing pretty is weird af since it always portrayed k-pop with standards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!