YG and iKON have mutually decided to part ways after 7 years

• I think Chanwoo and June have more of an interest in furthering their acting careers.

I think they still may sign with YGStage as actors.

I believe Donghyuk wants to do more producing and Bobby is more interested in solo work.

Jinhwan will be enlisting soon.

OSEN

iKON leaves YG after 7 years..“Agreement to terminate exclusive contract” (full text)[Official]

0004765729_001_20221230112404798.jpeg?type=w430view original

[OSEN=Reporter Jiminkyung] Group iKON is leaving YG Entertainment.

On the 30th, YG Entertainment said, “After long discussions with the iKON members (Kim Jin-hwan, BOBBY, Song Yun-hyung, Koo Jun-hoe, Kim Dong-hyuk, and Jeong Chan-woo) about future activities, we respected each other’s opinions and agreed to terminate the exclusive contract upon expiration of the contract period. did,” he said.

YG said, “We sincerely thank iKON for being with us as an artist. I will look forward to and support activities in various fields in the future,” he said.

Meanwhile, iKON made their debut in 2015 and released a number of hit songs such as ‘KILLING ME’, ‘LOVE SCENARIO’, ‘Snipe for taste’, ‘I can’t love you’ and ‘RHYTHM TA’. has been loved by fans.

The following is the full text of the agency's position.

Hello, this is YG ENTERTAINMENT.

We would like to inform you that after lengthy discussions with the iKON members (Kim Jin-hwan, BOBBY, Song Yun-hyung, Koo Jun-hoe, Kim Dong-hyuk, and Jung Chan-woo) about future activities, we have agreed to respect each other's opinions and terminate the exclusive contract upon the expiration of the contract period.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude to iKON for being with me as an artist. We look forward to and support your activities in various fields in the future.

We would also like to thank iKONIC for being with us on the journey of iKON. We ask for unchanging interest and encouragement for the members who are about to start anew.

[Photo] YG Entertainment

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

Edited once, last by Blue2012 ().

• Blue2012

Changed the title of the thread from “YG and iKON have mutually decided to participate ways after 7byears” to “YG and iKON have mutually decided to part ways after 7 years”.
  • Not surprise BI and Bobby were the most popular member, and the ones giving to Ikon the most exposure

when BI left, the group was hanging by a thread

but when Bobby announce suddenly the pregnancy of his girlfriend and his shotgun wedding it was sure that he wouldn't be back in Ikon and most of their fans would leave them

so not surprise by them leaving YG

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Actor Kang Dong Won has also parted ways, but actors are notorious label-hoppers. So for him to be at YG for 7 long years says a lot.

YG always manages to attract and renew actors at a better rate than any other label.

From what I understand he's hiring his own team and isn't going to sign with a new label.

Sports Chosun

[Official] Kang Dong-won breaks up with YG after 7 years... Termination of exclusive contract

2022123001002020000262611_20221230112302250.jpg?type=w430view original

Kang Dong Won. Sports Chosun DB[Sports Chosun Reporter Jung Bit] Actor Kang Dong-won became a free agent.

On the 30th, YG Entertainment (hereafter referred to as YG), the agency, announced, “After discussions with Kang Dong-won, we have decided to terminate his management duties.”

Gang Dong-won settled in YG in 2016 and met fans through films such as 'The Prosecutor's Abduction', '1987', 'Peninsula', and 'Broker'. The two sides decided to break up after about 7 years and celebrate each other's future.

YG said, "We would like to express our sincere gratitude and support to actor Kang Dong-won who has been with us for a long time." "We also thank the fans who have loved Kang Dong-won, and ask for your continued interest and support."

As Hallyu top star Kang Dong-won came out as a free agent, attention is focused on his future move.

The full text of YG Entertainment's position on the termination of Kang Dong-won's exclusive contract is as follows.

hello. This is YG Entertainment.

After discussions with YG Entertainment, actor Kang Dong-won decided to end his management duties.

I would like to express my sincere gratitude and support to actor Kang Dong-won, who has been with me for a long time.

We also thank the fans who have loved actor Kang Dong-won, and ask for your continued interest and support.

YG Family

1080x360

*Disclaimer I don't read responses to my posts unless I've replied to you before. If that offends you BLOCK ME. It's not my job to police your feelings.

• are they going to stay as a group?

ok reading I see that they are! I hope their paths are fruitful going forward. YG didn't give them shit.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Not a good way to end 2022 for YG.

Once BlackPink and Lee Sung Kyung leaves, YG stocks going downhill.

Nah.

I don't think YG wanted to renew with iKON. And I say that as an iKONIC who's gone to their concerts.

YG typically renews with artists if they have an interest in doing so.

YG has a huge roster of actors and models at YG, YGPlus and TBL in addition to artists.

Based on sources I trust BLACKPINK has renewed.

YG Family

1080x360

• Actor Kang Dong Won has also parted ways, but actors are notorious label-hoppers. So for him to be at YG for 7 long years says a lot.

YG always manages to attract and renew actors at a better rate than any other label.

From what I understand he's hiring his own team and isn't going to sign with a new label.

Haha wtf is going on? At this rate YGE is gonna have to give BLACKPINK their own private jets and repaint the whole building pink and black colors.

• Honestly as a ikonic myself even if I don't like hearing this news and how some won't agree with my opinion.

As someone who has been with them since the second half of 2017 going into 2018, I don't think they were always treated right and deserved a lot more then what they got.

Although I would love for them all to stay as a group, I hope because of this contract they are able to spend some time and relax, including Bobby having time with his child and wife.

I'm wishing the best for the members.

• Ikon's career trajectory has been rather unfortunate

wish the best for them

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Haha wtf is going on? At this rate YGE is gonna have to give BLACKPINK their own private jets and repaint the whole building pink and black colors.

YG is a massive company

YG actors

YG Plus actors and models

Not to mention the actors, artists and models at YGX and THEBLACKLABEL

YG is more than just a kpop label. It's actually just a small portion of what they do. They have a dozen or so subsidiaries and are the biggest music and merch distributor in Korea.

They do TV and Film production and are an advertisement and investment firm.

YG Family

1080x360

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!