IMHO hybe produces quality 4th gen ggs 💯

• For myself, I’m just a 3rd gen gg stan - twice & bp. Despite some good hits since Itzy or g-idle, I never been interested in any 4th gen gg so far.

Then hybe decides to bomb the gg world with something new and refreshing - new jeans and le sserafim.

New Jeans

Started noticing them from attention and hybe boy releases.

1. Album packaging is really creative.

2. Dance choreography does not appear complex for the sake of it and looks intensive.

3. All are visual members

4. Refreshing new concept and songs that isn’t typical of k-pop in the 4th gen.

I don’t stan them but they do catch my eye. It’s only their debut album and their 2nd album already made it to Spotify top 20. Their marketing contents creativity is 💯.

Le Sserafim
    Initial hype of Sakura & Chaewon sign-on caught my eye but debut was lacklustre. Garam scandal nailed the coffin for me plus better catchy songs from New Jeans & IVE.

However their kcon performances have been top-notch. I must say this is a diverse talent group. Anti-fragile onward was a better era.

1. Album track list genre variety and they really ate all of them. From rock, pop or r&b to reggaeton.

2. Charismatic performances and dance choreography that is intensive. They didn’t come to play ☺️

3. All-star team from to-be pro ballerina, opera-trained singer, ex-izone members and Japanese media veteran and talented maknae who is cute & funny.

4. Good chemistry that doesn’t feel forced and is funny.

Their kcon performances and mama performances ate. It showed how they could do well in many genres and concepts (e.g. Sakura could do aegyo, Yunjin boss bitch, Kazuha elegance). Yunjin’s own song also gave me away - it was heartfelt and she is talented to be a solo artist of her own work.

For some gg, I would only notice a few standing out. For this, I notice them as a whole. None overshines each other and their individuality shows.

——

In short, they have concepts or group members that aren’t that similar much in what they contribute or the same. I believe they brought a fresh air in the scene

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

• It's the b-sides from LSFM which shoot them to the top of my list right after bts and b2st. From no celestial to impurities, Blue flame to Great mermaid, the amount of diversity in such a short period of time is ridiculous.

• Well said.

If it weren't from them this 30 ish year old would have drifted away from kpop with BTS' hiatus.

The rest of the kpop releases have been very meh (or maybe I'm just too old for this).

• Well said.

If it weren't from them this 30 ish year old would have drifted away from kpop with BTS' hiatus.

The rest of the kpop releases have been very meh (or maybe I'm just too old for this).

Some songs you should try :

• Thanks for that, I'll definitely check them out :)

• It's the b-sides from LSFM which shoot them to the top of my list right after bts and b2st. From no celestial to impurities, Blue flame to Great mermaid, the amount of diversity in such a short period of time is ridiculous.

True i only listen to their bsides on spotify.

• It can’t be denied

Hybe GG’s are great

They are keeping me invested in K-pop (my interest has been faltering lately)

literally same lol i’d still been following kpop just for the sake of familiarity but checked out from being invested at least a couple years ago - 2021 is one of the driest and least enjoyable years for me in terms of output all the way from top groups to the lower tier ones but 2022 has been a welcome change largely thanks to hybe’s ggs. Hope they keep up the streak :pepe-pray:

• It can’t be denied

Hybe GG’s are great

They are keeping me invested in K-pop (my interest has been faltering lately)

Tbh I seen the contents from Itzy, Aespa and IVE and didn’t feel anything for them. IVE had the izone influence which almost got me there but it’s not the same without them as a whole. Hybe gg happen to be more interesting and engaging.

Once (main), Blink & Fearnot

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!