Have you traveled recently with your parents?

• Have you traveled recently with your parents?

me watching how calm my fav was on a trip with his mom, VS me and my mom

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I still live with my parents so yep, I travel with them about once a year.

We don't really travel in the summer, it's always in the winter. Because in the summer, my parents' business is the busiest because it's a tree-trimming business.

But our winter vacations are always really nice because we need them tbh. I really need one right now because my parents are making me study hours and hours and they're not letting me have a break today so...I guess it'll be worth it in the end.

This time, we're going to visit our father's family in Texas for 5 days (over Christmas), and then we're traveling down south in Texas to go to a beach and spend the other 5 days (over New Years) there and rent an Airbnb! Then we'll head home and it's going to be a pretty long drive, but we'll spend the last 2 days before school at home :pleading:

In the last two years (2020 and 2021), we've gone to Disney World which is really fun it's just...don't go there for 2 consecutive years. I was happy but when they announced that we'll be doing it again the next year I was kind of like "hey, should we wait another year?" lol...but it was still really enjoyable. The first year, we stayed at a beach hotel after Disney, and the second year, we went to Universal after Disney for like that weekend. And somehow we were still able to fit in going and having "Christmas" (even though we spent Christmas at Disney) with my dad's parents AND spending a weekend before Christmas break with my mom's family 😂

2021 was probably my favorite year as far as vacation goes. 2020 was fun but it was during COVID and Disney, you had to wear masks everywhere you went, including being outside, but you could take them off only when sitting down and eating/drinking. And they would have an announcement on the intercom every 5 minutes saying "your attention please, your attention, please. Please keep your mask on at all times except when stationary. Thank you." (OMG I actually remember a lot of it! :skull:). And the beach was really fun...it's just that I got scared when I saw so many people in one place without a mask on. Like it was literally crowded on the Miami beach lol...and the water was closed off because there were dangerous tidal waves that whole week. So my brother and I just swam in the heated pool the whole time :holding-back-tears:

2021 was better because there was no constant telling you had to keep your mask on. You had to wear them when going inside but you didn't have to wear them everywhere. The only downside was that there was nothing new so we were literally exploring the same things but we got to go on rides that we couldn't go on the last time. And then they had the new app fast pass thing which absolutely sucks... And my dad still had me record the whole time even though we've already been there and have a lot of footage from the last time ;(

Universal was so fun. It was massive and creative. I loved the Harry Potter land. I was never really a Harry Potter fan beforehand but I kind of want to after going there. And I actually became a Simpsons fan after going to the section of the theme park. There weren't many downsides to Universal and they had an ACTUAL fast pass that we paid for. They didn't have you wear masks everywhere, either.

And before that, we visited our mom's family (which we do almost every year) but our cousins came and we got to hang out with them. We get to hang out with them less often because they always come down when we're not there so that was really nice that we could finally hang out with them again (I think the last time was 2019?) And my female cousin just clicked again even though we haven't talked to each other in about 2 years lmao. I loved that.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Sadly no... I tried to convince my MIL to come to Dublin with us (she hasn't been on holiday or even left town since her husband died 4 years ago) but she was afraid to go. She doesn't speak English and the thought that we might get separated in a crowded area absolutely terrified her.

;(

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!