armchair psychiatrist of akp, is there a term for this?

• People who are incapable of understanding that others might have different preferences.

Not in a malicious manner, its just that a link is broken in the psyche and they cannot fathom the possibility that what they think might be the best, is not always the case for others.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think you're looking for egocentrism, the inability to understand any perspective than one's own.

I should read more on it

But the person I'm thinking of, it's not that they don't just undrestand. It's that they can't even imagine there might be another preference or outlook. And it's not in a malicious way, it's really like some link is missing.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I always file those people away as delusional in my brain, lmao. :iconpepe:

But, I think the word centen used is probably more accurate.

But forreal, there are some people on here I do not even try to engage in a logical conversation with. Like no matter the facts provided, they don't seem to understand. Not even talking about an opinion based discussion because that's whatever. But one where legitimate information is provided in spades to counter their perspective. At that point, I just figure our brains are wired differently and agree to disagree.

Also I will add that I know sometimes I am very "loud and wrong" occasionally. :peperun:

But, I have no problem admitting when that's the case. :pepe-shrug:

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Not being able to understand another persons point of view or being unable to see things from anothers perpective can be an occuring symptom in Autism. Usually autistic people generally struggle with Empathy, the ability to feel for someone or to understand why someone feels the way they feel. Autism also makes it very hard for these people to understand or detect emotion or why certain situations trigger emotions. They might not realise you're angry although it clearly shows in your face or don't understand why the sensitive thing they said hurt you.

I worked with an autistic person for a short time and they often struggle with understanding peoples needs and can only see their own. It's not malicious, they don't want to hurt you, but they just can't. It's usually very uncomfortable for them, because they usually get misunderstood.

Delusions can also cause people to perceive something as stronger or real that actually isn't. Like thinking someone is the best mother when in reality they're abusive or being convinced that Actor A is in love with you and sends you signals through their films. Delusions are a symptom often seen in schizophrenia. People often think, Schizophrenia is only limited to people hearing voices or having a split personality. In reality, these extreme cases are very rare. This mental disorder can cause you to halucinate, perceive simple conversations as frightning or threatening, including your opinion on something they like.

But usually if someone just doesn't understand that what the love is not the best thing in the world, it's egoism or narcism and has more to do with pride than with a psych problem.

• Not being able to understand another persons point of view or being unable to see things from anothers perpective can be an occuring symptom in Autism. Usually autistic people generally struggle with Empathy, the ability to feel for someone or to understand why someone feels the way they feel. Autism also makes it very hard for these people to understand or detect emotion or why certain situations trigger emotions. They might not realise you're angry although it clearly shows in your face or don't understand why the sensitive thing they said hurt you.

I worked with an autistic person for a short time and they often struggle with understanding peoples needs and can only see their own. It's not malicious, they don't want to hurt you, but they just can't. It's usually very uncomfortable for them, because they usually get misunderstood.

Delusions can also cause people to perceive something as stronger or real that actually isn't. Like thinking someone is the best mother when in reality they're abusive or being convinced that Actor A is in love with you and sends you signals through their films. Delusions are a symptom often seen in schizophrenia. People often think, Schizophrenia is only limited to people hearing voices or having a split personality. In reality, these extreme cases are very rare. This mental disorder can cause you to halucinate, perceive simple conversations as frightning or threatening, including your opinion on something they like.

But usually if someone just doesn't understand that what the love is not the best thing in the world, it's egoism or narcism and has more to do with pride than with a psych problem.

Hmmm undiagnosed autism certainly sounds like a possibility

• lol me too :smirks2:

This is someone I deal with in everyday life

Based on reading more I believe they might be autistic

• I thought of egocentrism as well. It's a common trait in young children because children generally lack the ability to view a situation from somebody else's perspective. There's nothing malicious about it, they simply can't understand different points of view (yet). It's an ability we aquire as we mature. Except some don't.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!