So MIDZY: Did 2022's ITZY MAMA Performance Live Up to 2021?

• I'm thinking it was MAMA that did this not JYPE. MAMA cut ITZY from the most memorable performances of 2021 recall. They also only allocated about half the time for them to perform that they did in 2021 as well. I think it's all about negotiations with MAMA and some performances need to be shortened with less set up prep in order to make more time and more setup preparations for a different group. MAMA and JYPE went all out for SKZ so they gotta cut from somewere else a little. That little bit is NiziU, ITZY, and NMIXX. If JYPE gave the same budget to any one of those other groups and MAMA gave them a 11 minute slot to perform it in. Then they would have given us a performance just as good as last year.

• I'm thinking it was MAMA that did this not JYPE. MAMA cut ITZY from the most memorable performances of 2021 recall. They also only allocated about half the time for them to perform that they did in 2021 as well. I think it's all about negotiations with MAMA and some performances need to be shortened with less set up prep in order to make more time and more setup preparations for a different group. MAMA and JYPE went all out for SKZ so they gotta cut from somewere else a little. That little bit is NiziU, ITZY, and NMIXX. If JYPE gave the same budget to any one of those other groups and MAMA gave them a 11 minute slot to perform it in. Then they would have given us a performance just as good as last year.

Well, both Stray Kids and ITZY had explosive stages last year. Stray Kids' stage was crazy. So, maybe the addition of NiziU and NMIXX split the budget a bit, and since Stray Kids is the big moneymaker, they got the most budget.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• No, but they were still amazing.

I don't think the budget was the problem like mentioned before, they did the best they could with two simple choreographies that definitely weren't made to be impressive on award shows.

Hmm, that may be the case with ITZY, but NMIXX's stage was a bit iffy too.

But, that might be because I didn't like it lmao.

I definitely think they could have done more. This was Cheshire's debut stage on MAMA, so I thought this would be a crazy stage on par with last year. Like, why make a show of debuting a song on the same night of MAMA if the choreography is too simple or if you don't plan on making it super memorable? I think Kara stole ITZY's thunder in that regard (also because they haven't promoted in a long time and they are a legendary group). But, seems dumb to me to go out of your way to coincide an award show with a song release and decide to keep it simple for whatever reason.

Plus, I think they definitely could have done a lot of fun things with Sneakers. They had some really good concepts with Sneakers. The Royal concept alone could have carried the whole stage, which it was supposed to, but kinda fell flat since all we really got was the crowns at the end. I completely forgot royal was their concept until that very moment. They also could have leaned into the astronaut theme of Sneakers or even that weird alien theme lol. Yeah, definitely think this could have been a much more fun stage even with simple choreography. Could have even remixed Sneakers. Rock Sneakers? Jazz Sneakers? And then lead into Cheshire.

But no cap, I actually liked ITZY's stage. More than NMIXX's, which had more going on (didn't watch Stray Kids so I wouldn't know). And, you may be right that it was not a budget issue, but I don't think the simple choreography was the detriment of the stage, but rather the lack of direction.

But, who knows, maybe JYPE is saving something more interesting for a different year-end event.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!