I have a Question for those of you who don't Live in America

• Here's my Question

I've been curious since I Learned that there were other places existed in the World

In your country, what kind of Music Plays on your Local radio stations (like in your cars)

Do you guys use stations like 101.9 or 103.3, of is their different radio system? (Assuming you aren't connecting Bluetooth to your car and don't have/ use SRS XM)

Does American Music play on those stations or Musicians from your country play on the radio, is it a mix, or something completely different?

this question has troubled me and drove me insane for the last 10 years of my life :cryingr::angryr:

I hope i can get an answer :wilds::wilds::wilds:

• Okay so I live in Croatia and we have local radio stations that play exclusively Croatian music (a few) and some that play majorly English speaking music with some good ass local pop.

We have different radio stations. One of the most famous radios here used to be radio 101. Idk what SRS XM is. We have our own radio stations. Many of them.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• I live in Korea, some channels are like Trot, some ballads, some idol music/mixed with western pop, there's khip-hop, there are classical music stations, there are like oldies (but like western rock mixed with like old school R&B), there's like rock stations too which are mostly western groups but Korean bands pop up too sometimes. The format is the same as American ones like 101.8 or what have you. I basically only listen to the radio in taxis tho lol.

• Okay so I live in Croatia and we have local radio stations that play exclusively Croatian music (a few) and some that play majorly English speaking music with some good ass local pop.

We have different radio stations. One of the most famous radios here used to be radio 101. Idk what SRS XM is. We have our own radio stations. Many of them.

Okay :pepe-notes:

So different radio stations, i find that pretty cool (in America we have a few radio stations that play newest music (which is total crap compared to what i grew up with) another that plays 90's, 80's, 70's all in one, and another specifically for Country music)

I released i spelt Sirus XM wrong, it's an international Satellite radio where you can tune into any station's whether it's your country or around the world or a specific Genre of music

pasted-from-clipboard.jpg

But thats really cool :omgr: ( What does Croatia music sound like? is fast, slow, ballad, pretty, strong? :whatr: )

• But thats really cool :omgr: ( What does Croatia music sound like? is fast, slow, ballad, pretty, strong? :whatr: )

We basically have the same genres as you guys do, except for country

We have our own "country" music but it's called something different

mKl7Ghm.png

• I live in Korea, some channels are like Trot, some ballads, some idol music/mixed with western pop, there's khip-hop, there are classical music stations, there are like oldies (but like western rock mixed with like old school R&B), there's like rock stations too which are mostly western groups but Korean bands pop up too sometimes. The format is the same as American ones like 101.8 or what have you. I basically only listen to the radio in taxis tho lol.

Annyeonghaseyo! :lover3:

Okay, so Lots of different Genres filled with both Korean and Western music, makes alot of sense :pepe-notes:

Ik Rock music isn't a favored style among the Korean public, i wonder why it's not liked, cause America (especially from kids born 90's 80's and 70's) Go nuts for that genre :pepe-tinfoil-hat:

• What do you guys call it and what style is it used? :mesmerized-bee:

"Narodna" music. I mean, that's the style, idk how to explain it. It's like country in themes, but not even slightly similar in sounds. It's not a style a like.

There's also 'turbofolk' which I also dislike coming from our neighboring countries that is also really big here.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Ill look them up and see what its like :yesr::omgr::lover3:

I don't think you'll like it

Wanna hear some good folky and traditional music though?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Im a Massive fan of Traditional Music :cryingr:

this sounds very beautiful :waterr:

thank you :music-raccoon:

( is the second song based off of any legend or story cause it is so beautiful!)

• Im a Massive fan of Traditional Music :cryingr:

this sounds very beautiful :waterr:

thank you :music-raccoon:

( is the second song based off of any legend or story cause it is so beautiful!)

She's an ethno singer who represented us at Eurovision a few years back and she placed second at another national competition to go to Eurovision with this song as well. Her first song was beautiful too, it was in English!

I don't think it's based on anything, but it's called "Rijeka", which means river.
    I found this https://www.novilist.hr/scena/…deospot-za-pjesmu-rijeka/.

"The song "Rijeka" is symbolic and of great importance to me, not just because it marks the beginning of the clear shift and my debut in ethno music intertwined with our old Slavic customs and elements with the inevitable connection to the nature, but because the meaning of "rijeka" river is letting go, getting rid of the old and immersing yourself in the new, and the bravery to move uninhibited towards what we truly are, what we really want and desire itself."

I translated it for you. So this is what the song meant for her when she wrote it with her team.

mKl7Ghm.png

• In Thailand, radio used FM and AM signals too and we have a super wide range of stations like over 200+; some stations are owned by record companies and/or entertainment - media companies and others are owned by government that host variety shows, news and so on….

I randomly selected songs to demonstrate the Thai music for those that never heard before:

- Current Thai Pop/Rock/Hip-Hop

External Content youtu.be

- Current English - International Pop

- Mix of current Thai pop and international hits e.g., global musicians + K-POP and occasional JPOP/CPOP

- Thai ‘country’ music

External Content m.youtube.com

- Thai oldies and traditional music

- English oldies - 2000’s and before a la The Carpenters, Bee Gees etc etc

Enjoy—

• In your country, what kind of Music Plays on your Local radio stations (like in your cars)

depends on the radio station, since each station had their own preferred genre as their branding (like there is one station saying that they are the best station for kpop music, other was a channel for listening to nostalgia music, etc)

Do you guys use stations like 101.9 or 103.3, of is their different radio system?

yep, also using FM as the radio system

Does American Music play on those stations or Musicians from your country play on the radio, is it a mix, or something completely different?

like I said above, each station had their own quirk. There are also a radio station that are playing the most trending song in US, like from billboard charts or something.

-----------------------------------------------------

actually, I'm on the other side of your curiosity...
    did everyone who lives in US only had an US songs in their radio? Or are other's country songs are also consumed by the listener there? (well except kpop maybe)

• We have FM with different radio stations. They mostly play Hindi songs. Timings are divided like some time is fixed for playing old 80s 90s Bollywood music while other time it's recent songs.

FM hosts other shows as well like story telling, prank calls etc I used to listen to alot of FM when I was in my highschool but now days idt anyone uses it. (May be that's why I don't understand the popularity and importance of radio play in us lol)

• I find that really cool how you also use FM radio, i guess its linked to a different network of sorts

and im also jealous how you have multiple gneres on different stations

and Yes, it's always US songs, always :cryingr: it never changes, there are some that play just country (guitar/ south music) some play songs from 70's, 80's and 90's, some play the newest "hits"

the only time it changes is when 2 particular stations play Christmas music starting on November 1st ( not joking bout that :pepe-joy::pepe-peek:) we have no international radio FM station and it makes me so mad cause screw America :mads:

I'm jealous~ :wilds:

THATS WHAT I WOULD WANT AMERICA TO DO BUT THEY DONT! cause america thinks they are the only country in the world :rant-bee:

i will defs listen to this! :omgr: thank you so much! :lover3:

We have FM with different radio stations. They mostly play Hindi songs. Timings are divided like some time is fixed for playing old 80s 90s Bollywood music while other time it's recent songs.

FM hosts other shows as well like story telling, prank calls etc I used to listen to alot of FM when I was in my highschool but now days idt anyone uses it. (May be that's why I don't understand the popularity and importance of radio play in us lol)

I find that Cute, story telling and prank calls, we got nothing like that on FM (unless your using satellite radio)

America over plays all the new songs and never actually play the GOOD releases, its all bogus and general Americans that are typical Americans thank think that they are better than the world and listen to teh crap that is our American Music (Y2K American music is pure gold though :sure-bee: )

• It depends which kind of channel you are listening to. We have rock channels, pop channels, national pop channels, mixed western music channels, 80s and 90s music channels etc

• What does Nordic sound like :omgr:

Well...

• I cant wait to take a listen! :omgr:

Thank you :music-raccoon::hug-raccoon:

• This

is so

beautiful! :cryingr::waterr:

why cant Real vocals be like this in america :angryr:

• This thread contains 19 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!