I hate kpop stans pt2

• I'm agree with your post but for i want to add more detail from my personal experience. I've stan a nugu that start around the same years as BTS ( Mamamoo) and i'm into some nugu group that started these last year and I think the situation has gotten worse.

ARMYs made BTS the biggest Kpop group in history, but thanks to the original armys not the success stan who have come in the last few years and who have just followed the trends like sheep and now act like dumb company stan.

1st para - yeah I can see your POV. I was also thinking like the bad treatment nugu BTS got was known because they became big and army was talking about it. But other nugu groups that didn’t get big must have stories of their own too.. some much more worse..

Maybe now it’s worse but we need to take into account that with social media, a lot of things get to be aired out to the world easily compared to before. GenZ also are more willing to speak up compared to previous gen. So who really knows what has gone behind the scene in previous gen compared to current one.

2nd para - I do agree that there are ARMYs that are actively being as obnoxious as other previous fandoms that were obnoxious to BTS and that’s really sad. It’s also sad that many people think ARMYs need to support other groups and got mad when we didn’t. The main objective of ARMYs is always putting BTS first. That’s why we are ARMYs not kpopmys lol.

• Maybe now it’s worse but we need to take into account that with social media, a lot of things get to be aired out to the world easily compared to before.

Well 3rd gen got also social media let's not act we're old dinosaur ^^

But i understand what you mean, and that's also something i thought at first. But I found that it was much worse to tell the truth, people don't even take the time to give the small group a chance anymore there are more and more groups and the smallest are drowned under a huge mass. If i take example of 4th gen GG if i take the BIG4 with starship and Cube it's already 8 GG, and more will start cause YG & SM plan to make new group so we'll have 10 GG only from 6 company and only for 4th gen i doesn't count the older group. There is now more and more playlisting that automatically recommends songs from the biggest companies that pay for it. And that's will be the same for BG soon.

The nugu groups have every year more and more reduced chances and everything is due to a huge stroke of luck I feel. The only group from a small company that happens to exist on social networks and that comes to mind is ATEEZ.

If you really love something, you have to know how to let go.

tumblr_oln7qtTHZo1vkpbuyo2_540.gifv

• It has been like this since forever, maybe you didn’t see it because it didn’t happen to you. Nugus have always been looked down on, so as fans you need to go strong to support your faves. Take heart that some nugu groups can grow big, as long as the fans work together and keep on supporting the group. BTS and ARMY are the best example (but you guys hate when we say that).

i have been kpop fan for long (14 years to be exact), i have enjoyed several groups from big 3/4 and non big 3/4, but it wasn't this severe before. There was a time in kpop where talent and artistry actually be recognized and praised. There was a time where people actually took their time to check out other artists. But after kpop has became global, also rise of social media (stan twitter), as well as attracting new enjoyers of kpop it as well attracted hella lots of toxic edgy stans who are here just to hop on the most popular and drag the nugu to feel superior/to boost their own ego. I am afraid number of those stans even majorly outnumbering the actual enjoyers of kpop. I thought success of BTS would make people appreciate nugu groups more and open door to them, but no. Instead it only created mega huge company like "hybe" who is just like sm, yg and jyp, and they are mass producing groups only adding competition to these poor nugu groups. The gap between the big 3/4 and nugu/small companies are prolly 10x, 20x bigger these days compared to 2nd and 3rd gen.

• i have been kpop fan for long (14 years to be exact), i have enjoyed several groups from big 3/4 and non big 3/4, but it wasn't this severe before. There was a time in kpop where talent and artistry actually be recognized and praised. There was a time where people actually took their time to check out other artists. But after kpop has became global, also rise of social media (stan twitter), as well as attracting new enjoyers of kpop it as well attracted hella lots of toxic edgy stans who are here just to hop on the most popular and drag the nugu to feel superior/to boost their own ego. I am afraid number of those stans even majorly outnumbering the actual enjoyers of kpop. I thought success of BTS would make people appreciate nugu groups more and open door to them, but no. Instead it only created mega huge company like "hybe" who is just like sm, yg and jyp, and they are mass producing groups only adding competition to these poor nugu groups. The gap between the big 3/4 and nugu/small companies are prolly 10x, 20x bigger these days compared to 2nd and 3rd gen.

i got the same feelings :peperain:

If you really love something, you have to know how to let go.

tumblr_oln7qtTHZo1vkpbuyo2_540.gifv

• I feel sorry for them. They think are "better" than others because they stan a more popular group. As if just for stanning a group, for some kind of magic they are part of the success of the group. Jesus, how pathetic is that?

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!