MAMA 2020 Artist of the Year criteria - Idle might actually win it

• Here, here

Those are good criteria, and everything will be decided by how much judges are "educated" and following this years charts/trends

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I just feel like the fact that they're rookies (not from Mnet or CJ E&M) is really being held against IVE and they're not nominated in big categories they should be nominated in

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• I just feel like the fact that they're rookies (not from Mnet or CJ E&M) is really being held against IVE and they're not nominated in big categories they should be nominated in

I think IVE might get GG of the year nomination on Melon Music Awards because after all they had those 3 consecutive hits on Melon Chart :)

• I think IVE might get GG of the year nomination on Melon Music Awards because after all they had those 3 consecutive hits on Melon Chart :)

They should've gotten it here too, but we know nothing run by Mnet and CJ E&M will ever be not controversial

mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• No they won't.. They will lose automatically the 10% global song criteria and the 30% records criteria. The records aka physicals category used to be in the Album of The Year but has been removed this year. Just by itself they have a 20% of winning because the judges are a toss up. They have a better shot at album or song of the year.

• Am I crazy for thinking both ArOTY and SOTY favors IVE / Love Dive?

IVE has 3 releases totalling 2.4M+ sales so they are actually extremely strong in the 30% physical when you add up them up. The 30% digital should be completely favoring IVE as well since all the releases even did quite ok on Spotify and obviously they should have completely dominated the accumulated K-digital in the tracking period.

As for SOTY it has to be Love Dive or TOMBOY, nothing else should be even close with these criteria. K-charts are virtually identical at this point, LD just snatched away the #1 spot for Circle Annual and will be taking Melon Annual #1 within a few weeks but they are more or less equal at this point. However, didn't Love Dive do quite a bit better on Spotify than Tomboy? That's 20% of the score.

• They will not. Maybe the judge but overall they’re behind some many artists if nxde counted to the tracking year they could’ve

This is the key difference, apart from the initial physical sales Nxde falls out of the tracking period. If it had been released earlier they would be a strong contender.

But it's 40% judges so MNET will probably do whatever they want. Watch IVE and Idle win zero daesangs since they're not from a big company :drinktears:

• They will not. Maybe the judge but overall they’re behind some many artists if nxde counted to the tracking year they could’ve

it will count tho

at least that first week streams/sales

they can also "close" counting streams/sales on the same day when they will do it with fan voting for all other categories

and remember that My Bag was that lovely b-side which charted well and 'assisted' Tomboy for long time

• Here, here

Those are good criteria, and everything will be decided by how much judges are "educated" and following this years charts/trends

External Content twitter.com

40% Global for Artist of the year, BlackPink has big numbers in that category. And they did very good in Korea, is not like they flopped.

The other 2, yes G-idle has a good chance for those 2.

Moved the thread from forum KPOP to forum KPOP.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!