Will Jang Wonyoung finally be able to dethrone a certain Senior Singer?

• A lot of people say that Stray Kids has the potential to succeed BTS. I won't comment on that.

However, although even the most popular group of the 21st century might be vulnerable, a certain 1,343 years old might be more secure.

IVE's popularity has grown a lot, but despite of Starship's attempt to push Jang Wonyoung to the top of the idol position,

A certain 1,343 years old might prove to be Jang Wonyoung's nemesis.

(Kakao does NOT interfere with its labels so the Senior Singer does not have any influence over Starship and vice versa.)

Generations are changing, but BlackPink still rules supreme, and the singer who was born during the T'ang Dynasty of China still wields a huge amount of domestic support.

The window of opportunity for replacing the 1,343 years old might be short. If Wonyoung, or anyone else, can't do it next year, I see that the 1,343 years old will continue to rule Korean Pop even when she is at 1,374 years old (60 in human age) like Jackey Cheung and Andy Lau.

• I think IU's reign is over. Shocking i know, but i feel like this year is a cultural reset, a seminal moment in Korean music. Izone gave their lives so they could give birth to Ive, which began the 4.5 generation of Kpop and much like how the 3.5 generation ruled the world via Twice and BP, i think Ive heralds a renaissance in Kpop.

Ive and Newbeans will fight to be the standard bearers of Kpop just like BP vs Twice. The other 4th gen upstarts could end up like the rest of the 3rd gen leaders, Mamamoo, RV, Gfriend and OMG.

I think IU's focus will be on her acting career, she has already received enormous praise for her previous dramas and the newest one made waves internationally.

• I think IU's reign is over. Shocking i know, but i feel like this year is a cultural reset, a seminal moment in Korean music. Izone gave their lives so they could give birth to Ive, which began the 4.5 generation of Kpop and much like how the 3.5 generation ruled the world via Twice and BP, i think Ive heralds a renaissance in Kpop.

Ive and Newbeans will fight to be the standard bearers of Kpop just like BP vs Twice. The other 4th gen upstarts could end up like the rest of the 3rd gen leaders, Mamamoo, RV, Gfriend and OMG.

I think IU's focus will be on her acting career, she has already received enormous praise for her previous dramas and the newest one made waves internationally.

;judgingpepe:

I wish that was true, but her recent event showed she is not willing to give up her laurels as of now.

She showed every intention to fight the younger generations.

The Reset mostly affected the male acts but the female acts have not selected a clear run winner, and even if IVE is fairly close to it, it is not there yet.

Given that IU is still fairly popular among the teens

External Content www.tiktok.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

she won't give up until she is dragged by all six members of IVE from the stage.

Plus Kakao, as a company, is doing worse

Naver, Kakao shares lose W63tr of market cap
    Naver and Kakao, tech stocks that had moved the market during the COVID-19 pandemic, have recently become big disappointments to investors, having lost over a…
    www.koreaherald.com

Kakao's share fell from $1000/share to $350/share (using prevailing exchange rates at that time), and Kakao's owner Kim Bumsoo lost about 60% of his wealth, from about $12 billion to $5 billion.

which indefinitely postponed the public offering of Kakao Entertainment.

Now Kakao has control over Edam, it will want Lee Jieun to have another promotion, probably early in 2023, to maintain the putative value of Kakao Entertainment.

Which might be why her supposed drama, which will take a year to film, is not confirmed yet.

She already fought Twice and the 3rd Gen and won. She won't give up unless she is personally dragged out from the stage.

• On the charts, to do what Twice,BP, BTS couldn't do - IVE has fat chance... Not happening. Even if IU does reduce her output, when she releases.. for the foreseeable future, the charts will turn into "charpets" for her.

But as the "It girl", it is possible that Wonyoung if she keeps growing her popularity, may replace IU as the model for Hite Jinro.

But that would be only in 2025, when she turns 21.

Good time for IU to move on from that legendary unprecedented 10 years as the model of the Soju market leader.

Edited once, last by bbgc ().

• Definitely in this party someone is giving drugs aways

Pulp Fiction John Travolta GIF - Pulp Fiction John Travolta ...

sooo, i am here

did blackpink release a new album today?'s tweet - "#LALISA ACAB, aquí solo  respetamos a la POLISA " - TrendsmapID BI****S

OT4 BLINKS OR JAIL

• legends said that she fed off the energy of kpop.
    that's why she didn't finish off kpop and even let it grows globally, just so she could reap that off on the final day

Good one..

They can grow as long as they pay filial duty to her in Korea. If they don't.. well no one has risked that yet.. so we don't know what fate will befall anyone not bowing to her..

• legends said that she fed off the energy of kpop.
    that's why she didn't finish off kpop and even let it grows globally, just so she could reap that off on the final day

It is similar to the practice her company which owned Melon.

Let KPop grow and skim the profits for nothing.

• Good one..

They can grow as long as they pay filial duty to her in Korea. If they don't.. well no one has risked that yet.. so we don't know what fate will befall anyone not bowing to her..

She does manage to obtain respects from all of her younger generations so she would retain a superiority to the bitter end.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!