Where is product price printed?

• As other users have already said the price is on the shelf, not the product. If there's a price on the product it's usually a sticker that the store put there themselves (smaller neighborhood stores might do this).

We don't have the price printed on the product (I have never seen it). The price is usually on the shelf where the product is placed in stores

ok guys i learned something new today. Fyi if you guys don't know this our country have printed price on almost all things like this

IMG_20220929_023412.jpg

• ok guys i learned something new today. Fyi if you guys don't know this our country have printed price on almost all things like this

IMG_20220929_023412.jpg

Didn't know this was a thing. Also learned something new ^^

Is the price also on the shelf or only on the product?

• I feel like I should have known this since I've been to England multiple times but must have somehow missed it :/

lol well the world is really surprising and you know the quote 'our eyes see what our brain knows'

i have been to japan but i also didn't notice whether they print or not. And my cousin who lives in Singapore keeps bringing stuff for us, i didn't notice there as well lol

• lol well the world is really surprising and you know the quote 'our eyes see what our brain knows'

i have been to japan but i also didn't notice whether they print or not. And my cousin who lives in Singapore keeps bringing stuff for us, i didn't notice there as well lol

Yeah and when you're abroad you're distracted by everything else. Where the price is shown isn't the most interesting thing in a forgein convenience store

• I'm surprised as well after finding that you guys dont have it lol

Why should they? Makes no sense!

What if one store tries to beat competitors by making food 1-10cent cheaper or they have sale or need to get rid of food cause its soon to be expired and than have to make sure people can buy it cheaper, also you will look stupid if you stand in store searching on each and every item "where is the price printed on?" That's just not practicle at all. It's easier if you see from far away "oh this item is 1€ but this is 0,95€ and this was 1,25€ but is on sale for 0,90€"

A.C.E | ATEEZ | DRIPPIN| MCND | NU'EST | ONF | SF9 | Stray Kids | TFN

• Why should they? Makes no sense!

What if one store tries to beat competitors by making food 1-10cent cheaper or they have sale or need to get rid of food cause its soon to be expired and than have to make sure people can buy it cheaper, also you will look stupid if you stand in store searching on each and every item "where is the price printed on?" That's just not practicle at all. It's easier if you see from far away "oh this item is 1€ but this is 0,95€ and this was 1,25€ but is on sale for 0,90€"

Great i thought of having a discussion but it will be waste of time since people like you have a mentality that whatever you do is right and others have it wrong.

well guess what things works different around the world and you just said sounds impractical to me but I'm not gonna be dense and say that it doesn't makes sense

• Why should they? Makes no sense!

Well, if it stands for MAXIMUM Retail Price, wouldn't it stand to reason that they can still offer it for a lower price?

I think its to guard against price gouging and I can hardly see how that is a bad thing. Florida (or at least Miami-Dade County where I am from) has laws against it, though they are only in effect in times of emergency like a hurricane. Stores were really taking advantage of desperate people looking for food and water and that really necessitated it - people putting their own greed over basic necessities when people are dying out there. Similarly laws against hoarding during such times... Free market sounds great and all, but when it trumps basic decency?

• Well, if it stands for MAXIMUM Retail Price, wouldn't it stand to reason that they can still offer it for a lower price?

I think its to guard against price gouging and I can hardly see how that is a bad thing. Florida (or at least Miami-Dade County where I am from) has laws against it, though they are only in effect in times of emergency like a hurricane. Stores were really taking advantage of desperate people looking for food and water and that really necessitated it - people putting their own greed over basic necessities when people are dying out there. Similarly laws against hoarding during such times... Free market sounds great and all, but when it trumps basic decency?

this is what 'makes sense' feels like.

Considering situation in india where people are always trying to take advantage of any possible situation, it perfectly makes sense.

• since we're talking prices and products and all that

here in Australia all of the products prices are listed on the shelf and is the price one pays at the checkout - all taxes etc are included

and for the largest supermarkets if the price at the shelf scans differently to the price at the checkout one gets that item for free due to the scanning code of conduct...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!