4th gen male idols look up to Exo more than BTS. Why?

Approved the thread.
  • Taehyung is literally the Daddy of 4th gen boys lol

• Maybe they've got Exo style of dancing and concepts.. Good for them.

• I noticed that it depends upon their age as well. The idols who are very young mostly mention only BTS.

• It’s easier to reach Exo level. More realistic.

• When it comes to talent EXO are better. Singing and dancing are the main things for many idols and in this regard EXO are better. Obviously they have better singers. And KAI just looks better dancing than anyone in BTS. I don’t mean that as an insult to BTS but Koreans are oddly fixated with “dance line” based on the physique and not just the raw skills.

• EXO have the kind of career most male idols would want I think.

Imagine thinking you might end up singing twink Disney songs to 10 year old Americans in the mistaken belief that it would win you a Grammy? That's the kind of thing to make you wake up at night in a cold sweat.

• Mentioning BTS would seem like cloutchasing because they are the biggest deal right now, EXO might seem more safe by comparison.

• Those two members are some of the best in the industry in their areas. BTS members are good but not normally named as some of the best in the industry in their areas. Kai is considered one of the best dancers in Kpop and Baekhyun one of the best vocalists.

• When it comes to talent EXO are better. Singing and dancing are the main things for many idols and in this regard EXO are better. Obviously they have better singers. And KAI just looks better dancing than anyone in BTS. I don’t mean that as an insult to BTS but Koreans are oddly fixated with “dance line” based on the physique and not just the raw skills.

?????

BTS are better rappers, lyricists and producers than EXO and they have variety when it comes to dancers. If I want a dancer like Kai I turn to Jimin who also has beautiful lines and a contemporary/lyrical background but who in EXO can go up against Jhope ?? whose strength is in fluidity of movement and freestyle. No one in exo can beat Jhope in a freestyle dance battle and that is a FACT. He would wipe the floor with any one of them. Stop trying to act like exo is way better than BTS when it comes to talent. BTS are more talented in other areas.

• That's a lie OP and you know it too. Most of the new kpop idols look upto bts. Every other kpop girlie is an army, there are tons of idols imitating Taehyung's style, his stage presence and he didn't even debut as a soloist yet. The only reason u might think exo is more popular would be kai? Because his song was huge among kpop idols, I won't deny it. At least wait for jimin's solo I'm sure it'll make same noise as kai's solo since he's a dancer as well.

• tbh i see these days newer 4th gen boys are whipped for nct, skz, atz lol

i have seen fuck a ton idols mention them, even musically it seems like they inspire from them lol

Imagine thinking you might end up singing twink Disney songs to 10 year old Americans in the mistaken belief that it would win you a Grammy? That's the kind of thing to make you wake up at night in a cold sweat.

right, working 23 hour days, rubbing shoulders with z list celebs from Korea. lmao Your hatred is gonna fuck up your make up sir.

• ?????

BTS are better rappers, lyricists and producers than EXO and they have variety when it comes to dancers. If I want a dancer like Kai I turn to Jimin who also has beautiful lines and a contemporary/lyrical background but who in EXO can go up against Jhope ?? whose strength is in fluidity of movement and freestyle. No one in exo can beat Jhope in a freestyle dance battle and that is a FACT. He would wipe the floor with any one of them. Stop trying to act like exo is way better than BTS when it comes to talent. BTS are more talented in other areas.

I answered the question. For a lot of people singing is more important. You didn’t have to take this personally I am not insulting BTS. I never questioned BTS’s talent but where it matters for Koreans or idols, EXO do it better I.e better singers and a dancer who is taller, fluid and pretty Not saying Jimin or JHope are ugly in case you don’t understand what I’m trying to say. I think there are many great dancers in KPOP but Kai’s proportions like long legs, height etc make his dance line look pretty and for more people to take his name. If you disagree with this then ok but I’m NOT questioning BTS’s dancing skills here. If this hurts your feelings I’m sorry about that but it was just an observation on my part.

don’t lie like this ever again.

• I answered the question. For a lot of people singing is more important. You didn’t have to take this personally I am not insulting BTS. I never questioned BTS’s talent but where it matters for Koreans or idols, EXO do it better I.e better singers and a dancer who is taller, fluid and pretty Not saying Jimin or JHope are ugly in case you don’t understand what I’m trying to say. I think there are many great dancers in KPOP but Kai’s proportions like long legs, height etc make his dance line look pretty and for more people to take his name. If you disagree with this then ok but I’m NOT questioning BTS’s dancing skills here. If this hurts your feelings I’m sorry about that but it was just an observation on my part.

saying exo are better dancers cause they make it look pretty???? be serious.

• obviously i also would want to sing like exo if I were them too and they also have far better dancers but singing comes first and i really don't care abt rap in idol music and it doesn't matter if they were some underground rappers in their earlier life lol

• Because BTS are a act which happens once in a blue moon while exo are has beens now, so it will be more realistic for 4th generation boys to have them as inspo ijbol

• I answered the question. For a lot of people singing is more important. You didn’t have to take this personally I am not insulting BTS. I never questioned BTS’s talent but where it matters for Koreans or idols, EXO do it better I.e better singers and a dancer who is taller, fluid and pretty Not saying Jimin or JHope are ugly in case you don’t understand what I’m trying to say. I think there are many great dancers in KPOP but Kai’s proportions like long legs, height etc make his dance line look pretty and for more people to take his name. If you disagree with this then ok but I’m NOT questioning BTS’s dancing skills here. If this hurts your feelings I’m sorry about that but it was just an observation on my part.

If exo are all that then why are they still flopping so bad almost everywhere? Their skills are really subpar that even their own fandom is leaving their group for NCT? Lmao

Why would new male idols wish for being flops? get real

• because these 4th gen dudes want to become master lipsyncers.

• Producer JK ☔ on Twitter
    “jungkook as a role model and hero of idols - a thread”
    twitter.com

How many male idols look up for Exo? I can count more than a dozen male idols who choose Jungkook as their role model

• seeing all the exo stans jumping here to put their faves on a pedestal while trying to put down bts

continu, but everyone knows OP is lying & exo has fallen from grace a LONG while ago

Taehyung alone is known as one of the biggest influences for many 4th gen groups

just because some of them - for some reason - don't publically acknowledge it (note: many do though), doesn't erase them constantly watching V fancams or coping his styling to the last accesoire...

• first provide the evidence for your claim OP

• I suppose it depends where you look. I've never seen anyone say they take inspiration from a BTS member because I ignore anything to do with them.

Similarly, an army who ignores anything to do with EXO will insist no one (or very few people) says they take inspiration from EXO members. it's the same argument from a different viewpoint.

I don't know why it matters though. Is this just another petty thing fans are trying to make into a competition to feel validated in their fandom or something. this constant "gotta make everything a competition because otherwise how will I know that I'm special" thing is so stupid.

• seeing all the exo stans jumping here to put their faves on a pedestal while trying to put down bts

continu, but everyone knows OP is lying & exo has fallen from grace a LONG while ago

Taehyung alone is known as one of the biggest influences for many 4th gen groups

just because some of them - for some reason - don't publically acknowledge it (note: many do though), doesn't erase them constantly watching V fancams or coping his styling to the last accesoire...

what in the delusion. They don't mention them because they don't look up to them. Simple

All the armies calling exo flops and trashing them, the JEALOUSY in here reeks. These idols aren't talking about charting. LOL

To answer OP, exo are and have been an inspiration for many boy idol groups and companies. It's been known that companies have been trying to recreate exos song and image by doing similar concepts, asking producers to make songs similar to exos sound. And let's be honest, in terms of singing and dancing, who else is better than EXO's vocal line and dance like kai and baekhyun. Not everyone is trying to be a gangster rapper or produce music. Idols are SINGERS.

Exo flops but everyone still covers their songs every other day. Make it make sense

• sure love

could pull up 4 different idols copying Taehyung from head to toe, but whatever floats your boat!

if this is what you need to tell yourself to handle the truth, be my guest

• sure love

could pull up 4 different idols copying Taehyung from head to toe, but whatever floats your boat!

if this is what you need to tell yourself to handle the truth, be my guest

And EXO stans could do the same with EXO members. Maybe you're the one that needs to learn to handle the truth.

• There is a Kai fanboy in almost every 4th gen bg.

Lay, Kai and Sehun are probably the strongest main dancer trios.

ChenBaekSoo are the strongest vocal trio

Baekhyun is also an idol who is looked up to the most after Kai.

EXO will never be flops y'all want them to be.

EXO is the blueprint. And

Kai is the true Idol of Idols (The one and only, there is no one on his level).

And also, this doesn't give anyone right to drag BTS members unnecessarily.

• it all comes down to exols being slightly less insane to other idols

Exo have peaked years ago, so saying them come off less like cloutchasing. and Exo's strongest areas talentwise are less specialized. All idols need to sing and dance well to idol songs but rapping, writing songs, hip hop dance are not vital to all the groups. so unless an idol is already specialized in something bts are, saying you want to be like a bts member might sound like "I want to be massively famous" while saying exo is "I want to polish the skills i'm expected to have". but if an idol is already doing something bts are good at, and say they want to be like bts, they risk armys accusing them of trying to be the next bts.

• it all comes down to exols being slightly less insane to other idols

Exo have peaked years ago, so saying them come off less like cloutchasing. and Exo's strongest areas talentwise are less specialized. All idols need to sing and dance well to idol songs but rapping, writing songs, hip hop dance are not vital to all the groups. so unless an idol is already specialized in something bts are, saying you want to be like a bts member might sound like "I want to be massively famous" while saying exo is "I want to polish the skills i'm expected to have". but if an idol is already doing something bts are good at, and say they want to be like bts, they risk armys accusing them of trying to be the next bts.

Beginning the sentence with a lie. No need to read the rest

• Thread giving me plenty of laughs.

Personally, i think BTS are very underrated as singers but way overrated as lyricists/producers. Most of their self produced stuff is bad, Pdogg is the main driver of that group's hits. But they can sing pretty damn well.

Dance wise they're probably neck and neck with EXO. But BTS puts on a better show, they can rap which i've never heard EXO really do.

• This thread contains 9 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!