SM doing SM things

• kpop companies fighting each other to show which is one is the most incompetent

Maybe it's because I mainly pay attention to SM groups, but from an "outside" perspective, my impression is that JYP and Hybe are far less error-prone. YG is just lazy as hell and try to play the "expensive"/quality over quantity image, which can be smart. With SM I feel like they have so many groups and soloists and they are so bad at scheduling that they end up rushing comebacks here and there constantly at the 2nd half of the year.

I've seen people criticize Hybe merchandise for being underwhelming and such but with SM it's lately a circus... MV delays, teasers with no fixed hour or even changing of date, physical albums mess ups, mic and in-ear problems on the SMTown concert and on the recent 127 showcase... Like what is this company.

• The album snafu is one thing but the comeback showcase was a complete shit show - venue was too small/it was overcrowded with fans fainting in the audience and having to be pulled out/ mic issues and terrible camera work. At this point SM is either laughably incompetent or they are actively trying to sabotage their groups.

On a side note -comeback showcase should generally be free.. so you made fans pay for this shite.. I can't

• The album snafu is one thing but the comeback showcase was a complete shit show - venue was too small/it was overcrowded with fans fainting in the audience and having to be pulled out/ mic issues and terrible camera work. At this point SM is either laughably incompetent or they are actively trying to sabotage their groups.

On a side note -comeback showcase should generally be free.. so you made fans pay for this shite.. I can't

Honestly I have never believed on a company actively sabotaging a group... but wow, the way SM has been handling 127 the last 2 years, all while getting the "SM's fav unit" allegations is... interesting. Like even if the more cynical part of me can think this the typical "company treats x group as shit so the fans get more active and emotionally invested on their faves", it's incomepetence has come to a point where it's blocking their potential and success severely, to a point it's killing the hype even the bigger 127zens have. It's so sad to see...

• Honestly I have never believed on a company actively sabotaging a group... but wow, the way SM has been handling 127 the last 2 years, all while getting the "SM's fav unit" allegations is... interesting. Like even if the more cynical part of me can think this the typical "company treats x group as shit so the fans get more active and emotionally invested on their faves", it's incomepetence has come to a point where it's blocking their potential and success severely, to a point it's killing the hype even the bigger 127zens have. It's so sad to see...

Idk I've never seen a big3 company fumble goodwill so blatantly like this.

And yes I think it is sabotaging 127 even if unintentionally - the incomprehensible mismanaged tour where a lot of promises were made and fans like myself avoided seeing other kpop acts with the thought that we'd wait for 127 only for the supposed "world tour" to never happen... tbh I think there's a reason SM is also not announcing the preorder sales figures and I wouldn't be surprised if fans are quietly unstanning out of frustration.

• Idk I've never seen a big3 company fumble goodwill so blatantly like this.

And yes I think it is sabotaging 127 even if unintentionally - the incomprehensible mismanaged tour where a lot of promises were made and fans like myself avoided seeing other kpop acts with the thought that we'd wait for 127 only for the supposed "world tour" to never happen... tbh I think there's a reason SM is also not announcing the preorder sales figures and I wouldn't be surprised if fans are quietly unstanning out of frustration.

I sadly do think that way. They had huge hype for Sticker and they dropped the most polarizing song on existence (although I do like it), but definitely their hype slowed down a lot for the average kpop fan. I'm genuinely concerned about their korean and chinese fandom getting smaller... With how bad the overall promo was for this comeback, seeing how the title track is very divisive as well, the way they have f*cked up the digipacks sales already and knowing this has less versions than Sticker... I would be fine for 1,5M sales on Gaon, sadly.

• You need a special talent to be capable of fucking up the badly.

It sounds like planned sabotage

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!