Should MiSaMo debut in Japan or Korea?

• If they debut in Japan there is a large chance I-fans won't be able to see any Japanese music show stages or interviews. However, the j-line is more popular in Japan than Korea,(from what I've seen) and by debuting there, they would be gaining more exposure in their home country which is the largest Asian music market and the second largest music market in the world.

On the contrary, if the debut in Korea they will get more international exposure and I-fans will have an easier time seeing the girls perform and buying their albums. However, they will be an all Japanese subunit promoting in South Korea, which leaves them vulnerable to xenophobic comments by Koreans. They also have a higher chance of not charting well if the Korean GP decides it doesn't want to listen to a song by a all Japanese subunit.

There are pros and cons to each. I would personally love it if they promoted in both Japan and Korea, but I know that's not likely. If I had to chose Japan seems like the better option. The girls would be promoting in their home country, the music market is larger, and they have a better chance of charting well in Japan then in Korea in my opinion.

• Korea. Korean song gives them way more advantage globally. Even in japan. Twice most famous songs in japan are all Korean besides the feels and candy pop

the only advantage would be youtube as Japan is much more stingy with taking down videos. Otherwise, it makes no difference to westerners, they're reading the subtitles anyways.

• Both. Twice's main market is Korea, that's where they've built their main fandom and popularity, and it'll give them more international exposure. Japanese promotion isn't as easy to follow for international fans and rarely as good either (music shows etc.). But Twice is also popular in Japan and because of language barriers it might be easier for MiSaMo to promote there.

But honestly anyone saying they should debut only in Japan are forgetting they're Kpop idols. Plus no one would push for Australian idols to debut in Australia instead of Korea.

• I'll support them either way but, personally, I'd choose Korea.

For "self-serving" reasons: Generally, I just prefer kpop sounds over jpop. Even with Twice I've barely followed their Japan comebacks. The activities and promos are just so limited and not very I-an friendly.

For the girls: Twice's best performing songs in Japan have always been their Korean ones, so i don't think they necessarily need to release a Japanese song to gain popularity in Japan. i just simply think a Korean debut would bring them much more exposure, which they deserve to have.

• I'll support them either way but, personally, I'd choose Korea.

For "self-serving" reasons: Generally, I just prefer kpop sounds over jpop. Even with Twice I've barely followed their Japan comebacks. The activities and promos are just so limited and not very I-an friendly.

For the girls: Twice's best performing songs in Japan have always been their Korean ones, so i don't think they necessarily need to release a Japanese song to gain popularity in Japan. i just simply think a Korean debut would bring them much more exposure, which they deserve to have.

Make sense, songs will always do great in Japan regardless of the language, might as well do Korean comeback to get some international clout

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!