Which do you prefer between a boring not bad but forgettable song Vs a bad generally disliked song but memorable song

• Bad and memorable easily.

Even bad songs, which generally are going a bit crazier, often have good parts to them, even if the whole falls flat. I'd say Savage by Aespa for me is that, as an example. Overall terrible song (that chorus is a straight dumpster fire), but the prechorus of them singing with the harmonization in the background is :pepe-toast:

Boring forgettable songs are not even worth talking about.

• Bad and remembered

Cause it could be bad for me, but im sure a lot of people would enjoy

The boring option neither I would enjoy nor would be remembered. What's the point of existing

I also said it’s a generally disliked song. So you and others both don’t like it. But the music is so awful it’s just remembered lol.

• If a song is bad and remembered it probably means people hated it so much it gained traction cause of it...... So I'm going with good but boring/forgotten song

Yep...the word "bad" in this sense is very subjective so it's kind of hard. I guess if you do feel this way, it would be a situation where you dislike a song but you can't seem to get it out of your head.

I feel like Heart Shaker is a boring/forgettable song but it's a decent song. It's a good song. It's just an era I always forget exists...like I can name it but I never talk about it. And let's be honest, people mostly only talk about it when referencing "Is Sana Gay" unless they actually like it. :/

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• Yep...the word "bad" in this sense is very subjective so it's kind of hard. I guess if you do feel this way, it would be a situation where you dislike a song but you can't seem to get it out of your head.

I feel like Heart Shaker is a boring/forgettable song but it's a decent song. It's a good song. It's just an era I always forget exists...like I can name it but I never talk about it. And let's be honest, people mostly only talk about it when referencing "Is Sana Gay" unless they actually like it. :/

I feel the same way about Knock Knock. Great song, really loved it when I heard it for the first time. But I don't remember it like Signal which is considered to be "bad"

out of service

• I feel the same way about Knock Knock. Great song, really loved it when I heard it for the first time. But I don't remember it like Signal which is considered to be "bad"

Interesting... :/

And also, I was actually surprised to find out that Knock Knock is a pretty mixed song. It's one of their worst performing songs especially for that pre-transition era but like some people find it too boring while others loved it. Though it's not as vocal of mixed reviews like Signal or More & More.

I'm singing/listening to Knock Knock more often but it's one of the eras I was least invested in. Like I would watch a lot of videos for most other eras but some eras, they were just kind of there.

:pepe-shrug:

And Signal has definitely aged well. I feel like I see more people loving on it nowadays. Though I wasn't a ONCE back then, I've heard stories about people leaving the fandom after Signal because they hated it and people saying that Signal didn't deserve SOTY for MAMA that year. I don't know...I think I've definitely liked it more since I've first listened to it though.

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• But do they exist? When something has strong haters, It also has strong supporters

Everyone drags O.O and It has almost 100M on Spotify :pepe-life-support:

I feel like O.O is truly one of those songs that either (1) have mixed reviews first listen and then grow on people as time goes on or (2) they have a fandom sort of like I'm Gonna Be a Star...(inside joke among ONCE where Nayeon is singing the same line over and over again for the whole chorus. Some ONCE genuinely love it and some genuinely hate it). In this case, O.O might have a group of people who absolutely dispise it and maybe they're opinion will change and then they have a fandom that genuinely loved it.

Maybe it's a mixture of both.

But I feel like songs are kind of like fans of people. You're going to always have people who hate you and people who love you.

• yeah Signal is like SKZ Side Effects, a lot of people hated them at first but now they're considered to be in their top songs

out of service

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!