The final battle to decide the fate of the 4th Generation - NewJeans vs IU, and it looks like NJ has the advantage

• Well that was quick.. we could have enjoyed some more prophecy stories from WhyKnock about how MHJ and her Powerpuff girls, will defeat the Winter Queen of Kpopia...

But they are fall under her spell too quickly and not even put up a fight.

It seems Filial Duty is too strong of a force even for Danielle who probably didn't learn that concept till she landed in Korea

• It seems Filial Duty is too strong of a force even for Danielle who probably didn't learn that concept till she landed in Korea

what now - 'force'?.. so IU is Sith Empress and everybody is falling to the dark side?

And Danielle - going with the English name and not Mo Ji-hye?

Slipping from your standards.

Ok she is Aussie-Korean.. like Somi..so per your system it is the non-Korean name?

• what now - 'force'?.. so IU is Sith Empress and everybody is falling to the dark side?

And Danielle - going with the English name and not Mo Ji-hye?

Slipping from your standards.

She was born in Australia so Danielle Marsh was probably her given name

Mo is the surname of her mother

• She was born in Australia so Danielle Marsh was probably her given name

Mo is the surname of her mother

ok, you go with Patriarchy..

If both parents are Korean, then you reject the Western name, so Rose is Park Chae-young.

What about Manoban, do you recognize name changes or stick to Pranpriya?

• I like 'Pranpriya' - beautiful Sanskrit roots.

Since your parents did not name you WhyKnock , isn't it hypocritical to reject other peoples' chose stage names?

I do not make any money with my Whyknock moniker, while these people do make money thru their monikers

• I do not make any money with my Whyknock moniker, while these people do make money thru their monikers

So.. what difference does that make?

Are you getting a discount or getting overcharged, if you don't use/use their stage names?

• So.. what difference does that make?

Are you getting a discount or getting overcharged, if you don't use/use their stage names?

I explained the reason at this post

• I explained the reason at this post

Great Gatsby?

Ok, I will go with you have problems with IU and spread of Kpop, don't want to use her stage name for some juju .

But that should be limited to IU, why other idols?

• Great Gatsby?

Ok, I will go with you have problems with IU and spread of Kpop, don't want to use her stage name for some juju .

But that should be limited to IU, why other idols?

In Bohjalian's book the daughter of Tom and Daisy Buchaan continues to call Gatsby James Gatz, to erase any mystique on that character and remind everyone that he is just a lowly person , not worthy of being mentioned with people in her class. I also use the Chinese concept of Zhenming, which basically calls to call people with their true names, not their nicknames or things like that.

For Sharon Myoui and Ennik Douma I use such monikers to say that they are actually American and Canadian, not Japanese and Korean, and that logic is extended to Danielle Marsh. In Pranpriya/Lalisa's case it is not necessary to signify that she is a Thai so I am a bit more lenient on her.

• In Bohjalian's book the daughter of Tom and Daisy Buchaan continues to call Gatsby James Gatz, to erase any mystique on that character and remind everyone that he is just a lowly person , not worthy of being mentioned with people in her class. I also use the Chinese concept of Zhenming, which basically calls to call people with their true names, not their nicknames or things like that.

For Sharon Myoui and Ennik Douma I use such monikers to say that they are actually American and Canadian, not Japanese and Korean, and that logic is extended to Danielle Marsh. In Pranpriya/Lalisa's case it is not necessary to signify that she is a Thai so I am a bit more lenient on her.

Personally speaking everytime you create a new moniker for her, the mystique only increases..

But I suspect that is your intention.

• IU is the heir apparent to Taylor Swift, the greatest pop music success story since Taylor rose to prominence in the 2000s.

Think of how many legendary groups IU has slayed during her reign. She took on the biggest and best of the 2nd gen and 3rd gen and has outlasted almost all of them.

Now she is moving on to slaying the Fourth Age dragons, one by one. Aespa, Itzy, Stayc, Idle, Ive, Lesserafim and now Newbeans.

Yeah.. no..

While there are many similarities between Swift and IU,

there is one major difference - IU did not have rich stockbroker dad, who invested few hundred thousand dollars in Big Machine records which was Swift's first label.

IU on the other hand, preferred to stay in the studio, because there was food and heating available there.

I don't hold being rich against Taylor or anyone. Family should indeed give every advantage to their children to succeed, be it 3% stake or money made from selling accessories on the street.

But equating two different careers, does a disservice to them both.

• Which eventually did make a lot of difference. Taylor became a global figure while Lee Jieun's name mostly stayed in Korea. Lee Jieun's refusal to join the conquest wars of KPop would prove to be a very big drag on KPop and that began from this

• Which eventually did make a lot of difference. Taylor became a global figure while Lee Jieun's name mostly stayed in Korea. Lee Jieun's refusal to join the conquest wars of KPop would prove to be a very big drag on KPop and that began from this

Well you should go buy 3% of a major western music label and sign up Jieun to the Kpop side of the global war.

Be a nice "Daddy-Deep-Wallets"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!