IUs company is not nugu as you think

• I have seen some people on twitter that they want their faves in IUs company but they can afford for their MV. let me tell you that her company is the biggest company there is and is larger than all big 4 combined so yes they can afford your faves MV. and edam is just a name to manage her better. she was with kakao all along before it was kakao M. she has her own studio in kakao building and everthing is done with kakao. also she has alot of pull with kakao too. i am tired of people treating her and her company like a nugu.

• Definitely not nugu, but not a 'big' company either.

The reason is not 'money' - her companies - be it Loen, Fave or EDAM, were always subsidiary of very wealthy corporate entities - SK group, Kakao etc.,

But in K-pop, it is not just 'money' that defines Big/Nugu - but connections, track record of building and launching groups etc., that is why CJ E&M or Kakao are not considered a part of Big 3/4.

But having such money resources, also means they are not 'Nugu'. At least they won't fail just because one comeback flopped etc.,

So neither nugu nor top tier Big4.

Nevertheless, in the industry - IU built her company, else Kakao/SK group would have just shut down the label and moved on.,

Even today bulk of Kakao M's presence and revenues are from IU.

In that sense, like BTS for BigHit, IU is the foundation of her companies. Whereas with Twice, BP, Aespa etc, their companies were successful even without them.

• I have seen some people on twitter that they want their faves in IUs company but they can afford for their MV. let me tell you that her company is the biggest company there is and is larger than all big 4 combined so yes they can afford your faves MV. and edam is just a name to manage her better. she was with kakao all along before it was kakao M. she has her own studio in kakao building and everthing is done with kakao. also she has alot of pull with kakao too. i am tired of people treating her and her company like a nugu.

She started with Loen Entertainment in 2007, debuted in 2008

Kakao bought Loen in 2016.

But yes, Kakao is huge.

• Loen belonged to SK group, before Kakao, so even in 2008 financial backing was not bad, not total nugu.

• Loen belonged to SK group, before Kakao, so even in 2008 financial backing was not bad, not total nugu.

It did not help History or Fiestar or Melody day.

Sunny Hill did ok.

You are not totally wrong, but they were not that big in music.

They got lucky with IU, Kakao would not have bought them with out IU.

The sad part is that even Queen IU herself could not save fiestar

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Of course, that's why they weren't among the Big either.

If Fiestar, History had been as successful as IU, Loen would have become the Big 4th.

IU can amplify if there is already decent success, or give a decent start, after that it is upto their fates.

Though not the same company, another such case is High4.

I always wondered how it felt for High4 or Thunder - to have a huge long loved hits, yet they are irrelevant to those songs today.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!