Korean lack of understanding of "growth" and "expansion" is severe

• take a look:

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2022/08/netizens-criticize-hybes-plans-to-mass-produce-8-teams-by-the-end-of-2023-cement-k-pops-reputation-as-factory-produced-goods

"Eight groups in 2 years? Only one or two will make it."

"Looking at this, you have to admit that it's a K-Pop factory."

and those next comments made me heavily remember usual: "don't spend money which my favs made on other groups"

just look:

"Once they debut these young new boy groups it's bye bye BTS, Seventeen, TXT, ENHYPEN."

"Did they give up on TXT already..."

Dear god is it really so hard to understand that HYBE has multiple sub-labels now? not to mention Belift is label co-owned with CJ Entertainment which is another conglomerate...

I might not be an expert on boy groups but in girl groups case I will refer to those who are now under HYBE umbrella:

fromis_9

Le Sserafim

NewJeans

all those groups have different concept, make different music, have (supposed to have*) different number of members

not to mention age of members is different as well

they don't repeat things, they ain't identical, even members beauty is fuxin different...

those comments in that post are seriously ridiculous...

even those boy groups... one is from Japanese label, one is from rappers label,

I really can't understand complainers... people there should realize that actually HYBE debuting many groups make it easier for more kids to become global stars, and rich kids, that's basically making sure that Hallyu Wave won't end anytime soon...

• I wonder if people are just so used to thinking about these music companies like SM, YG and JYP - the Big 3 - as their own entities, that their natural instinct is to do the same with Hybe. But it's not the same - it's an umbrella corporation. The structure of how decisions are made then are of course going to be different. Each sub label seems to have a level of autonomy to execute on these groups.

This is not to say that Hybe has no say or doesn't know about the groups debuting - they very obviously do and they bought all those companies TO continue to debut and handle these groups, but the actual debuts and direction of each group I attribute to those sub-labels, not Hybe.

• 8 groups :pepe-narrow-eyes:

I hope they give all of them a good budget

..............................................Exoplanet...........................................

dc87b7e7d56e75e48f2875ef5348afa99a238864.gifvc66dac77518f47854a87fff714bbd946fa3deff4.gifv50b332c0bfca4cbc4ebbe39282dd6c22196eb712.gifv

.............................................................................................................

• The whole sub-label thing is a catch 22 in my opinion.

If they do well they are our group, if they don't, it's the sublabel.

Corporations...

my understanding of sub labels is better financial accounting and also management of the said group

like each group gets their own sublabel means dedicated managers and staff specifically for that group

maybe like JYPe with their specific divisions???

• my understanding of sub labels is better financial accounting and also management of the said group

like each group gets their own sublabel means dedicated managers and staff specifically for that group

maybe like JYPe with their specific divisions???

except those division are still JYPe, so if they screw up, it's still JYPe.

I was talking about corporate accountability.

Like SMe and YGe do. Not to excuse JYPe since they are just as bad.

It's all stocks and stuff...

• except those division are still JYPe, so if they screw up, it's still JYPe.

I was talking about corporate accountability.

Like SMe and YGe do. Not to excuse JYPe since they are just as bad.

It's all stocks and stuff...

well a sublabel is still a company under the main company and receives investment from the parent company in order to start like no sublabel just starts itself without some sort of initial investment (and that investment for a kpop debut) is usually huge...which is mostly paid for by the parent so if the sublabel does bad then the parent company fails to recoup its investment no?

• well a sublabel is still a company under the main company and receives investment from the parent company in order to start like no sublabel just starts itself without some sort of initial investment (and that investment for a kpop debut) is usually huge...which is mostly paid for by the parent so if the sublabel does bad then the parent company fails to recoup its investment no?

true true, but their stock hit is lower if instead it was the parent company's group

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!