ARE WE WITNESSING THE DOWNFALL OF KPOP?

• But removal of kpop songs from spotify does

And what? Do you seriously think this is the apocalypse for a whole genre? I bet this is solved in like a year by either spotify or the entertainment companies

Also there are several platforms like youtube who are crucial and still up. Stop setting everything up for failure

• And what? Do you seriously think this is the apocalypse for a whole genre? I bet this is solved in like a year by either spotify or the entertainment companies

Also there are several platforms like youtube who are crucial and still up. Stop setting everything up for failure

if they take a year to resolve them, the kpop groups from smaller companies are screwed.

Wide availability of kpop songs especially via Spotify has fueled growth of kpop in general. Most groups bar the few big ones are highly dependent on international streams.

• Kpop has had bigger scandals.

Temporary halts on songs/channels happen all the time - if you’ve ever had cable in the US, this isn’t your first time seeing this. Hell, it even happens sometimes on the streamers.

At different points, Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify have had or not had specific artists. It sorts itself out, life goes on.

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• if they take a year to resolve them, the kpop groups from smaller companies are screwed.

Wide availability of kpop songs especially via Spotify has fueled growth of kpop in general. Most groups bar the few big ones are highly dependent on international streams.

Entertainment companies will try to adapt to this situation. Yes, small companies are endangered but this is still not the end of kpop. Op is talking about the end of kpop and sorry to break it to you kpop‘s main market is still South Korea and only groups from too big too fail companies focus solely on the international market since it requires a lot of money which a lot of stans underestimate

• Entertainment companies will try to adapt to this situation. Yes, small companies are endangered but this is still not the end of kpop. Op is talking about the end of kpop and sorry to break it to you kpop‘s main market is still South Korea and only groups from too big too fail companies focus solely on the international market since it requires a lot of money which a lot of stans underestimate

contrary to your views, smaller companies are focusing more on global market without a need to promote there as spotify/youtube/other streaming platforms are able to reach there. Examples, loona, the boyz, even stray kidz

These groups are not doing well at all in korean streaming and only do well in international streaming

• Official Post

I think that KPOP got to the peak of popularity with BTS and BP. But I wouldnt say that it's downfall which is happening bc of scandals.

your sig....

I'M CRYING :waterr:

OT: No we aren't, the top groups are fine. The Spotify thing is honestly most likely temporary and the bullying scandals are nothing. There has been worse things but KPOP is still very much alive.

• People have been saying that Kpop is dead for 20 years lol. It just keeps getting bigger.

Personally i think it will evolve into a more global industry instead of just Korglish lyrics slapped on Western hip hop/EDM/RnB music.

I think we'll see the first top tier gay idol by 2025ish and the first non Asian superstar idol by then as well. Maybe the first hit Kpop song that has another foreign language prominently incorporated in it as well (Japanese, Spanish, French, Thai, Mandarin, etc)

• contrary to your views, smaller companies are focusing more on global market without a need to promote there as spotify/youtube/other streaming platforms are able to reach there. Examples, loona, the boyz, even stray kidz

These groups are not doing well at all in korean streaming and only do well in international streaming

Stray kidz = Jyp, so a too big to fail company, the boyz promotes heavily in Korea and has a solid fanbase there (I have seen them at a music show), loona has a big budget by investors and also starts to promote in Korea (e.g. chuu) International streaming is important but not that important that it ends a whole genre. I don’t know what there is to argue to be honest. Also all of these groups have a fanbase in Korea. They might not be a national group but almost all of them successfully have fanbases who buy their albums.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!