What are your limits on jokes?

• Some find jokes with certain things irritating, while some can’t do without jokes. When last did you laugh hard on a joke? What are your limits on jokes? I like Jo Koy jokes tbh, but some might find him racist. Idk. :melon_think:

I SAY FUCK IT WHEN I FEEL IT CUZ NO ONE KEEP ON TALLY I DO WHAT I WANT WITH WHO I LIKE

67dfeddca81ff4a0bc1cb6b0a2542459.gif

• I think a joke goes too far when it makes the person on the recieving end visibly upset

This is my limit on making jokes to other people. The minute they don't find it funny, chances are, I overstepped my boundaries and that's not a good thing. Same goes for pranks as well. If someone isn't amused by it or got hurt in some way by it, it went too far.

As for jokes directed towards me, it depends on the person. With some people, they could make almost any kind of joke towards or about me and I'd play along with or laugh at it. With other people, not so much. It depends on what the person is like and how much I trust them. If I don't know them, then I'm less likely to know if they really mean it or not.

• There was a whole thread making fun of people for caring about womens reproductive rights, so I guess thats where I draw the line. Joking about abuse just isnt funny. Wife beater jokes, jokes that have to do with harming women and children, I dont find them funny

That's true, I feel the same way. I dont find those jokes funny at all..

I think a joke goes too far when it makes the person on the recieving end visibly upset

Actually, I think that for me the limit is not in the joke but in the person who says it. Concerning really dark humor, if my best friend since I’m 4 years old tells a really hard one when we’re together smoking weed on the rooftop, then it’s cool. If it’s any random, I don’t appreciate it much.

I SAY FUCK IT WHEN I FEEL IT CUZ NO ONE KEEP ON TALLY I DO WHAT I WANT WITH WHO I LIKE

67dfeddca81ff4a0bc1cb6b0a2542459.gif

• Depends on the person. I have friends that I let making even problematic jokes about me that would get them cancelled by others and I play along

There are people I would be offended by their existence alone

:pepe-tea:

same

• i generally draw the line pretty early. i don't like jokes about serious topics (women's rights, racism, homophobia, child labor, school shootings, etc.)

i love stand-up tho and some can make jokes that i find funny about topics that i usually wouldn't, but generally i find pretty few comedians i actually like cuz of the range(?) of their jokes

• All jokes are fine until someone doesn't like it. Then people need to learn to stop. Everyone has different tolerances for things. If you disregard how someone else feels about it, then it's just obnoxious.

For me, I'm fine with pretty much anything on the receiving end. I've learnt to stop as soon as people feel uncomfortable. A good joke should be for all to enjoy, not at the expense of hurting someone.

• It depends a lot but I don't really like jokes blatantly making fun of someone for something they can't control or something they went through. Things that are basically targeting an individual. My bf one time made a joke about me having ptsd and I started crying. He said something like "You're my little traumatized girlfriend". He immediately apologized and felt awful about it but he knows not to joke about that now. I also don't like when his friends pick on his health problems. It just comes across as bullying to me.

Sincerely, CranMelon

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!