JYP/ Republic Records New Global Girl group

• Major help, but there is also the risk that this ends up looking very try hard depending on the concept and direction they go into.

Like, there is a lot in KPOP that works because it's KPOP, but if I saw western artists doing it, it would make me cringe. Not even just the cutesy stuff. Like even girl crush things, but it doesn't bother me because that's just how KPOP is.

But, it is hard to make company manufactured girl groups have a sense of authenticity. Like, it could very much go in the Disney direction, which is fine since Disney creates stars. Can even see this group guesting on Disney and Nickelodeon in the future, but I've grown out of that. Like, Olivia Rodrigo is great and a phenom, but I can't relate.

Disney creates stars by attracting the best and cross-promoting on shows/movies using their media empire. Republic doesn't have that, so good luck.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• Disney creates stars by attracting the best and cross-promoting on shows/movies using their media empire. Republic doesn't have that, so good luck.

Lmao, Republic Records represents the Weeknd, Ariana, Drake, and Taylor Swift.

You sound crazy.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• Lmao, Republic Records represents the Weeknd, Ariana, Drake, and Taylor Swift.

You sound crazy.

They're all mature artists, not the young artists that JYP likes to produce. In the West that's Disney's specialty. If JYP partnered with Disney, then the survival program would have been aired on the Disney channel and they would likely have appearances on popular Disney shows. That would have been the best way to target the young demographic he is going for, based on the trainee age range.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• They're all mature artists, not the young artists that JYP likes to produce. In the West that's Disney's specialty. If JYP partnered with Disney, then the survival program would have been aired on the Disney channel and they would likely have appearances on popular Disney shows. That would have been the best way to target the young demographic he is going for, based on the trainee age range.

That's true. A partnership with Hollywood Records would directly target this specific demo, but I wouldn't say Republic does not have connections. Ariana has been on Republic since her days on Victorious for Nickelodeon, and Nick has created a few stars themselves. Ariana being their biggest one, and Disney has a few more of those than Nick. But Republic Records can definitely make it happen.

PGDPGT PRETTY GIRLS DOING PRETTY GIRL THINGS

417aa1c7e1372f9ae29d8e2f659d3f12cf0db4d9.gifv0d1493f18550d15d02f4c2bba44c12bdc01f518d.gifv

• 16 is max because they will all travel to Korea to have some training time, this will be probably similar to NiziU

as for what I would like here if is they could stick to Asian-roots, mixed white-asian, blasian,

somehow this would make group really still feel as kpop group

not just a some girl group...

That would most likely break all kinds of discrimination laws in the USA.

At most they could say most speak Korean and/or Japanese.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!