Is Somi joining Teddy’s new girl group?

• Lol no

The plans were always her going solo

How are you so sure? People were very surprised at the time that she decided to go solo.

They didn't think of the possibility that she was temporarily going solo until Teddy's next group was ready.

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• Cause she said so herself lol

said what, exactly?

the timing is different. both WY and Sakura debuted in new groups after izone disbanded

same is ioi members before.. somi already had her debut as soloist so debuting in a group now would be like she's regressing..

"her debuting in a group again would be kinda strange? the rest of the group would be like her back up dancers forever."

I was addressing the second point. If Ive aren't seen as WY's backup dancers then why would they see the other girls as Somi's? Especially when the girls in Teddy's new group will probably stand out just like BP members. For the first point, maybe a little at first, but people will accept it very quickly. Not an issue.

• If Somi was gonna debut in a group she'd have stayed with JYP.

There's no way they'll add her.

She probably didn't stay in JYP because they are bad with solo activities. If she joined Itzy it would have been a guaranteed pay cut. Teddy's groups don't have that problem.

• I hope so, yg are fucking useless. Hybe at least get the job done :eyes:

I agree. Every single group of theirs succeeds, and they churn out both music and fanservice content like a machine. I cant imagine being a stan of a Hybe group and being dissatisfied.

I've hated on a ton of BTS songs but they've also got some real nice gems in their discography.

I love Teddy, i love his music, he's the greatest hitmaker Kpop has ever known, but if he cant or wont produce music regularly for BP as a group or as soloists, i'm ready to give someone else a shot.

• said what, exactly?

"her debuting in a group again would be kinda strange? the rest of the group would be like her back up dancers forever."

I was addressing the second point. If Ive aren't seen as WY's backup dancers then why would they see the other girls as Somi's? Especially when the girls in Teddy's new group will probably stand out just like BP members. For the first point, maybe a little at first, but people will accept it very quickly. Not an issue.

WY and Sakura didnt debut as soloists before joining they current group

imagine if chungha debuted in a new group now

and if girls of new teddy's group stand out just like BP members i dont see why they need somi

to me it doesnt make sense that she left jyp to go solo just to debut in a new group again 3 years later. what's the point?

• I agree. Every single group of theirs succeeds, and they churn out both music and fanservice content like a machine. I cant imagine being a stan of a Hybe group and being dissatisfied.

I've hated on a ton of BTS songs but they've also got some real nice gems in their discography.

I love Teddy, i love his music, he's the greatest hitmaker Kpop has ever known, but if he cant or wont produce music regularly for BP as a group or as soloists, i'm ready to give someone else a shot.

He better drops nothing but masterpieces with this album after such a long wait

• WY and Sakura didnt debut as soloists before joining they current group

imagine if chungha debuted in a new group now

and if girls of new teddy's group stand out just like BP members i dont see why they need somi

to me it doesnt make sense that she left jyp to go solo just to debut in a new group again 3 years later. what's the point?

If Chungha said she would still release solo work it would not be that strange. Her age (26) would be a bigger issue.

Any group would benefit from having Somi. She's one of the best centers and arguably the best face (kpop position) in the business.

I said this a couple times so far, but the difference is between JYP and Teddy. If Somi joined Itzy she would have lost her solo brand deals, which is how she makes most of her money, now and back then. JYP only likes the girls doing group deals, especially rookies. It would have been a bad financial decision. Teddy is the opposite. He pushes the girls to get as many solo deals as possible. He also has better brand connections than JYP. Literally, almost all the work Somi has done this year has been for brand deals.

Take a look at the video in the OP. I was surprised when I first heard it because she didn't say she wanted to go solo, she said that there was no one at TBL to debut with.

"why did you make a solo debut?"

"when I left my old agency for the new one, I was the only one there."

Edited 2 times, last by hammerstan ().

• Added TLDR to OP.

TLDR: There is evidence that Somi might have left JYP because she didn't want to join a JYP group, not because she wanted to go solo. She joined TBL because Teddy is great with solo endorsements. She went solo because TBL trainees were not ready and she needed to stay in the public eye, but when they are ready she might join the group.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!