Kpop fans don’t actually want “something new”

• They want cute concepts, but ignore groups when they do them.

They want conventional songs, but then call them boring.

• there are also new things which are good, there are new things which ends bad, doing something new if the end result is bad, doesn't mean people should like it just because is something new

• I don’t understand why people are trying to credit NMIXX or aespa for things SNSD and f(x) revolutionized back in the day but I agree with your points.

I think O_O is messy for sure, but people would’ve still come for it even if was better executed, the same way they come for aespa or Itzy songs that also also have a mix of styles.

I see people complain that Kpop is boring but then that they want Kpop to sound like it did in the second Gen and never change. They also say that they want a group to go back to the sound of a song they did four years ago. And then if they do, they complain it’s boring.

:sehunthinking:

They say that concepts and music are too strange and avant-garde despite Kpop music still being a few years behind mainstream sounds in the West. Like the things everyone freaks out about already happened several years ago. 🤷🏽‍♀️

(I also don’t understand this ongoing rewriting of history on initial reactions to aespa. People were definitely freaking tf out about their ai concept, just as they have on most of their tt releases.)

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!