Why your faves hate music shows.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This was fascinating to watch. And depressing at the same time. It's also why we need to stop getting mad at labels for "not promoting on music shows enough". Personally, every time i see an idol cutting their music show promotion short, i'm positive that this is the idol's own choice. This is why you see the bigger groups barely doing music shows like BTS and BP, and others cutting theirs short and/or only doing 3 shows a week instead of 6.

Nobody wants to be waking up at 1AM and then doing a 20 hour workday for weeks at a time.

Imagine working these ridiculous kinds of hours for weeks at a time.

Imagine having to do all this while living on coconut water and tomatoes.

Imagine having to do all this while being scrutinized for every microexpression on your face, every syllable you utter.

It's too much especially for younger kids who need even more sleep than their 20 something oppas and unnies. And it's hard enough on those poor old veteran ahjumma and ahjussi who are pushing 30 and have been doing this grind for many years.

Music show filming needs to be split up into two days so that they start at a freaking normal hour like 9am. Idols should be working at most 12 hour days, let them come home at 9pm and relax for a couple hours, go to bed and get at least 7 hours of sleep, and wake up fresh and rested for the next day.

• That's why I commend groups attending every music show; it takes so much time for all people involved.

I think of poor Twice doing 4 comebacks a year. Imagine spending 12 weeks in a year with this murderous schedule. Imagine going on a freaking tour in Japan, then having to fly back to do a full on comeback with this kind of music show promotion schedule, then flying back to Japan to finish out the concert tour.

Everytime i think about this, i just wanna scream at JYP seething4.gif

• I think of poor Twice doing 4 comebacks a year. Imagine spending 12 weeks in a year with this murderous schedule. Imagine going on a freaking tour in Japan, then having to fly back to do a full on comeback with this kind of music show promotion schedule, then flying back to Japan to finish out the concert tour.

Everytime i think about this, i just wanna scream at JYP seething4.gif

Indeed. Good thing they slowed down, but still very busy and packed compared to other groups.

• nowadays its questionable how much of promotion those shows bring anyway.

Its understandable if big groups skip it since they dont really need them anymore.

But smaller groups have no choice since they dont have much other exposure.

The same goes for the fans. If you stan group like twice, who work hard and are allways booked and busy, those music shows arent that important since there is so much other content.

But if your artists dont have much events those shows become more precious.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!