Bts are the relatable youtubers of kpop: what happens when a relatable youtuber is no longer relatable?

• After the huge success of pop hits like Dynamite, Butter, BTS decided to choose Yet to Come as their tt. That by itself show me that BTS is still BTS deep down. Of course they have changed, we all have changed. But their core is still BTS.

That’s why BTS take a break at the height of their careers. Only the ones that are genuine and care about their musical output will take time off to recharge and experience life so that they can come back refreshed.

You don’t worry your pretty lil head about this :*

• After the huge success of pop hits like Dynamite, Butter, BTS decided to choose Yet to Come as their tt. That by itself show me that BTS is still BTS deep down. Of course they have changed, we all have changed. But their core is still BTS.

That’s why BTS take a break at the height of their careers. Only the ones that are genuine and care about their musical output will take time off to recharge and experience life so that they can come back refreshed.

You don’t worry your pretty lil head about this :*

it's seems you did not get the reference.

youtuber gains a fanbse of ppl who love them for being relatable and down to earth. youtuber gains more popularity and moves to LA. old fans complain that said youtuber has changed. youtuber becomes hyper awre of this and usually addresses the change probably over apologetic. youtuber takes a break and comes back with videos that are similar to their original style but not quite the same. the complaints never really go away... remind you of anyone?

yes emma chamberlain

anyway I was trying to say that bts will never please everyone because old fans can't come to the terms that bts has changed

and then have changed mind you. bts is not still bts

• pinkareu

Changed the title of the thread from “Bts are the relatable youtubers of kpop” to “Bts are the relatable youtubers of kpop: what happens when a relatable youtuber is no longer relatable?”.
  • First - never heard of Emma chamberlain

2nd - no act has ever been successful in pleasing everyone. I remember people were saying Metallica has changed after not releasing an album like The Black Album.. Load album had people saying they have lost their directions.. but now Metallica is still going strong with their tours, supported by their true fans who understand that authentic acts will change because that is human nature.

So I as a fan of BTS (and Metallica), I’m very confident that BTS is still BTS, they just have grown up and trying to find their identity like normal human beings in their 20s. They might lose fans (who like them superficially), but that’s life. And if in the end, they changed to an act that I don’t like, I will stop being a fan, but will remember fondly their past activities.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

bc goddamn you are OBSESSED with them.

an embarrassment to blinks. get the fuck out of our fandom.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

bc goddamn you are OBSESSED with them.

an embarrassment to blinks. get the fuck out of our fandom.

ummm this ain't even hate just observation. if not army, no opinion? is that ur mentality?

• First - never heard of Emma chamberlain

2nd - no act has ever been successful in pleasing everyone. I remember people were saying Metallica has changed after not releasing an album like The Black Album.. Load album had people saying they have lost their directions.. but now Metallica is still going strong with their tours, supported by their true fans who understand that authentic acts will change because that is human nature.

So I as a fan of BTS (and Metallica), I’m very confident that BTS is still BTS, they just have grown up and trying to find their identity like normal human beings in their 20s. They might lose fans (who like them superficially), but that’s life. And if in the end, they changed to an act that I don’t like, I will stop being a fan, but will remember fondly their past activities.

You’re a Metallica fan??? My mind is officially blown

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!