Are there other groups aside from SNSD that proudly say the name of their group when "bragging?"

• i can't at people here turning it into something sinistre lmao. there is nothing wrong in being proud of your hard work and achievements

I think it's a very SM Entertainment thing... Super Junior's Heechul once said on a variety show (can't remember where the clip came from; Edit: Found the source.) that in SM Ent's culture, they are trained to believe they are the best. Especially after harsh internal competition to debut. So pride in themselves and the brand that the company created for them is a natural outflow of that kind of company culture.

I can see why many fans find that appealing, and pride in following "the best" or "the top" is a big part of the whole approach of marketing that SM Entertainment uses for their idols. It gets reflected in their fandoms as well... fans feel a vicarious sense of pride in following idols who proudly claim to belong to "the best groups". (Regardless of what the actual idols think, that is nonetheless how they are marketed to fans... and over time it becomes a self-perpetuating belief.)

I personally don't see much appeal in that, since I'm much more drawn to the opposite value of humility, but different strokes for different folks.

this is not true at all. quite literally, none of it.

I've seen Super Junior do it.

i have followed Super Junior for approximately one decade and a half and i have quite literally never once seen a single member say such a thing. praising each other? sure, but praising themselves and using their name to brag? never. in the contrary they always go on about being lacking and needing to always improve and learn more.

• I only remember recently when Suga was quick to learn the choreo for That that, the choreographer praised him. And Suga said “I’m an idol after all” lol.

I remember when they introduced Faker as "BTS of gaming world" but that's all I guess....

VIDEO EVIDENCE THAT YOU KNOW BTS WINS

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• As they should.. i mean they still have general public recognition and people are still mentioning how legend the group is til this day.. not to mention all those idols who idolize them so much

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!