[enter-talk] AESPA GISELLE DONATED 10M WON

• [enter-talk] AESPA GISELLE DONATED 10M WON

bypannchoaJune 03, 2022
    She donated 10 million won anonymously to an abandoned animal shelter

AVvXsEhZzhgltFIy4rzBkWcqs9c8qJaMg0aSOCQc1auar6_RNlwdbz0qT2z6igvG5ivgCb8hcFdIASYbgOKoMiyf1U6JaNjBJaGolYzUPnuqp4nqChqXaGsCEvOdKfXFSfhNimolkKcsh2D1UutNlJFr-pHUn8lJBG4D8AwJr96ZETKXr3Ri0MnF2CNa4CBy=s16000
    AVvXsEhEFUvbrCjf_BoqhlZggKSwpEOq4wZwoP9YPrsyxpptgWKr-zKMq0-vGUx4xrr8bvzg65A-KpvxVokldwp1kEjasdffcV9qth62LGAflBA3t787I-aB61yJ-vTWo2AEYrCboobD_gfy7MozelSjYyvPmNzAHgGbgMrmCc8UQZK4fX2BU2tl8XRnezbc=s16000

post response:
    [+131][-14]
    original post: here

1. [+43, -5]
    While PANN is busy writing personal attacks against her, she's minding her own donationsㅋㅋㅋㅋ Seriously if you look at it like that, do you think Pann girls have any right swearing at Giselle?

2. [+39, -3]
    Don't forget she donated >anonymously<

3. [+25, -13]
    10M wonㄷㄷ She's too cool

4. [+18, -15]
    It's random, but I bet SM have to give their agreement for donations like that too.. Nowadays, Aespa's image haven't been good so I wonder if they're trying to set them up like that...

5. [+12 -1]
    No but Giselle really seems to have a good personality. If you watched her in videos, anyone can tell she's kind..ㅠ I'm not a fan but I'm a pacifist who loves all female idols. I always feel sorry whenever they get hated on on Pann

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

• Here we go;

Now I'm left wondering: if it was an anonymous donation, how did they figure out it was her?

Many organizations especially small ones reveal celebrities names that donated even without their consent to promote their cause so more people know about it and donate. Unless the celebrity makes it super clear like warns them not to talk about it, they’re always going to reveal it once they realize the donator is famous without the need of asking. She could have easily donated without filling her name and once the organization found out it was her, they made a post about it.

lt64IYu.gif

• Now I'm left wondering: if it was an anonymous donation, how did they figure out it was her?

In my country, if you donate more than a certain amount of money at once (I wanna say 10k) they have to report it to the government on their tax forms so it's tied to a person and known to the charity. They can just ask that it be listed or referred to anonymously, but that doesn't mean that the people who work for the charity won't reveal it.

Charity donations from celebrities are super weird in Korea. If you donate privately, you get criticized for being greedy because you didn't make a public statement about it and if you donate publicly, you get criticized for wanting attention even if the charity is the one who reveals it.

• Many organizations especially small ones reveal celebrities names that donated even without their consent

This seems wrong to me, and represents a breach of trust with the organization.

She could have easily donated without filling her name and once the organization found out it was her, they made a post about it.

But this then begs the question: how did the organization find out it was her?

In my country, if you donate more than a certain amount of money at once (I wanna say 10k) they have to report it to the government on their tax forms so it's tied to a person and known to the charity.

Indeed, I've reported charitable donations myself on my taxes. However, taxes are filed only once a year right? This "Yuhengsa" organization posted about the donation on June 3rd, very soon after it was received ("a few days ago"). Thus, I don't think the discovery was via Giselle's tax return.

• This seems wrong to me, and represents a breach of trust with the organization.

But this then begs the question: how did the organization find out it was her?

Indeed, I've reported charitable donations myself on my taxes. However, taxes are filed only once a year right? This "Yuhengsa" organization posted about the donation on June 3rd, very soon after it was received ("a few days ago"). Thus, I don't think the discovery was via Giselle's tax return.

The charity has to report it as well. Unless you use some kind of buffer (or literally drop off a bag of cash in the dark of night) the charity will probably know who donated it.

• But this then begs the question: how did the organization find out it was her?

I am sure if the charity org is not able to find out the identities of anonymous celebrities they wouldn’t say they do in their post. Like use your detective skills and keen observation for the other argument too before you get suspicious of nothing.

lt64IYu.gif

• Unless you use some kind of buffer (or literally drop off a bag of cash in the dark of night) the charity will probably know who donated it.

That seems like it wouldn't really be an "anonymous" donation then right? It sounds like the organization knew it was her all along. I've actually donated anonymously myself, using both cryptocurrency and credit card. In the first case, anonymity is sort of built into the whole system, while in the second, the credit card processor serves as an intermediary.

I am sure if the charity org is not able to find out the identities of anonymous celebrities they wouldn’t say they do in their post. Like use your detective skills and keen observation for the other argument too before you get suspicious of nothing.

No one's being suspicious. I simply have a question about how these organizations are able to figure out the identities of their supposedly "anonymous" donors. This seems to happen quite often, so I'm not singling out Giselle here.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!