What's the best formula to handle a bullying scandal?

• if it's the most popular member:

- admit, reflect, apologize, group goes on hiatus and comes back after commotion dies down

if it's less popular member:

- announce member's hiatus and kick them out later

do you agree?

• jk, on another note, if its in terms of getting fake bullying accusations, i think doing what pledis did for mingyu was best

>put mingyu out of public eye (hiatus)
    >investigate THOROUGHLY
    >be better at giving out statements w finesse
    >and then and ONLY THEN publicize

basically it's to deal with everything privately and make sure to deal with them

and not try to push it under the rug LOL

• there is no "formula" because every situation is different... if the accusations are lacking in evidence or have extremely dubious evidence, then the company can try and debunk the rumors and vindicate their artist, but if there is too much evidence or the scandal is getting too out of hand, withdrawl from the group many be the only way

however what really matters is if the fandom still supports the idol, for example boy group members accused of bullying, even if the public bashes them, the company doesn't care because the fangirls remain loyal

• Announce investigation and hiatus

Be as thorough but also as quick as possible to minimize mob momentum

Apologize if fault is found both privately and publicly

this sounds logical and reasonable, it also seem to pay off

i wonder why don't all companies just do that

• how does that make sense?

My opinion is that there shouldn't even be bully scandals to handle to begin with.

If people werent bullies to begin with, there wouldnt be the need to handle this kind of controversies.

If not tormenting others is too much to ask from some people and they cant help themselves being bullies they shouldn't try to be public figures.

• First thing is to ask your artist if it's true

Thing is, if your artist says it's true, reach out to the victim privately, apologise, let the public know that you settled it privately, and lay low a bit.

If your artist says it's false, deny it, protect your artist, if need to sue just sue because if it's really false, the artist shouldn't need to apologise for anything

If your artist says it's false, but in reality it is true, then you are FKED. You are fked up down left right everywhere

• If you are a bully and about to make a debut, make amends before debut. That's the best.

Anyway, to answer your question and this is based on my friend's view who works in PR industry

- If the rumors are true, apologize publicly but make it vague. Never apologize directly for what you have been accused for (If you don't want to retire that is.)

- Try to contact the victim and reach a settlement. Get them to sign a NDA as part of the settlement.

- If no settlement can be reached, plant a fake victim. Get their claim to overshadow the actual claim and then disapprove it. People will naturally question other claims as well.

- If a settlement is reached, after a while, start circulating rumors about the celeb being wrongfully accused. Also, other speculations like a malicious ex-friend, ex-colleague or some kind of collateral damage. Nothing concrete but just enough to make people think she was not the bully.

- Lie low and make a comeback when time is right. Aka...some other celebrity or political scandal.

This sounds very immoral, I know.

许凯 | 陈飞宇

feiyu-chen-feiyu.gif

• if they truly were a bully then their character probably isnt the best and they could easily lie to save their ass

i would say, ask them ofc but don't act until u confirm whats going on and where do these claims come from

• Does this still hang true with any celebrity? Youtubers and other social media influencers have def been blasted for similar techniques of vague apologies.

• There is no best way imo

For 2d gen idols, the accusations still follow them

Once you got them, they stick

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!