Posts by Uni909

Very different style and concept from E-Girls.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bich Phuong, My Tam and Toc Tien have to be in the discussion with Min as the top females in VPOP with Amee being the newcomer and really the only one with heavy KPOP influence.

VPOP, Vietnamese popular music, is mainly ballads. You can't say that ballads is no longer VPOP just because we recently had K-style idol bands (and only very few of those.) VPOP is a fairly large and established business in Vietnam, especially in comparision our other entertainment forms like dramas and movies. In fact, it is VPOP that drives better production quality in film and television with shows like "Voice of Vietnam" and the movie quality MVs.

Without ballads, VPOP would be very small indeed with literally less than a handful of moderately known boybands and no active girl groups. But that is not reality. VPOP is thriving with ballads. You can see that in the more and more expensive MVs that are coming out these days (but not from the idol groups.)

I forgot about Bich Phuong. She is a stronger candidate than Toc Tien, who's music has been a mixed bag over the years.

Guess I have to be happy that Vpop has found their ''sound'' so to speak. But the public supports the music, so who am I to tell them what do do lol

However, I do think there is room for idol groups. I read SGO48 sold 8k albums in their last handshake event. Not big numbers compared to Kpop, Jpop and even Cpop for that matter. But for a country that is developing and do not buy cd's, that's good. Hope they are profitable in some way.

If upcoming groups will use influence Kpop, then I wished they do it properly. If you are going copy something, then at least put more effort on it and not be half-ass lazy. Not to compare, but just look at this Thai group. None Vpop groups are close to them. Forget about reaching the bar of Kpop and Cpop groups, try reach this group's level first.

Definately not Dong Nhi. She is famous, but her music barely crosses 10 million views as far as I can remember. And I don't like her because of her management of Uni5, which is really amateurish.

My Tam's music I don't even consider as Vpop. More traditional ballad.

So it really stands between Min and perhaps Amee.

I wouldn't tune in. Kdramas are cringy and boring and tbh don't know how or why people stan actors. Even in America I have never cared enough to stan or follow actors.

I would actually prefer they continue the Produce Series (all shows are scripted/rigged Produce was only dumb and got caught).

Speaking of which, I can't wait for Girls Planet 999.

I understand. Just a matter of taste.

I also like PD shows, especially 48 since it involved other AKB48 girls. So I guess I'll be tuning in for GP 999 as well. But I'm so burned out of Mnet's handling survival shows. Still salty about how dirty they did to Hanbin on I-Land...

aren't they a group from which one member is working in cafe/restaurant as part-timer?

it's sad what happened/is happening to them because they were even invited to Dancing Idol on SBS, which by the way was a cool show (idea)

Yup, Yookyung. But what can she do when there is no activity with Elris? :-(

Well, ballads are big all over Asia, including Korea too.

And ballads and OSTs are the mainstream CPOP. AKB48 and Johnny's aside, JPOP/JRock ballads are dominant in Anime OSTs.

So Vietnam is not an outlier in this. I think even as Vietnam gets richer they might still like ballads better since there is now push towards traditional elements in the Vietnamese pop scene that lend themselves far better to ballads.

You're right. But Viet Ballads are so repetetive and lacks creativety. Even Son Tung Mtp, the star of Vpop said in a interview last year. He didn't bashed other artists, but he hinted that things was always the same with viet music.

Vpop is just my guilty pleasure and I do like some songs that suits my ears. Sadly, most of the Vpop artists I listen to are nugu level.

I'm honestly worried for them. Elris is one of the smaller groups I enjoy a lot. But here, the performance is so lifeless.... HUNUS, get your act together and give them a comeback!

They should instead make web-series where we see Kpop idols doing acting. Can be in different genres from horror, drama, fantasy, sci-fi, teen-drama etc.. Would be cool to see some of my biases starring in a detective-drama in a neo-noir style. This can also be a good oppertunity for idols to start gaining acting experience before moving to bigger gigs.

As a person who's been listening to Vpop for a couple of years now, I would say it's become more boring and less innovative. Except for Son Tung M-TP and Min that are mentioned in the article. Too many artists are afraid to go out their comfort zone.

The article hit the cause for why traditional ballad is still popular in Vietnam: 2/3 of the population still lives in rural areas. It is what it is. Vietnam is still a developing country, and I think it will take a couple of years before Vpop breaks out of it's ballad shell. Economic developement goes hand in hand with the developement of music as well.

Oh yeah that could be bit of a problem. Vietnamese girls aren't usually very tall compared to other asian girls. I do hope Vo Nguyen or pretty viet girls are minimum 161, so their chances for being recruited are higher. There are a few Kpop girls who are short. Yeojin of Loona for example is just 155.

Not so into SGO48. I was a bit in the beginning, but just lost interest. If Vo Nguyen joins SGO48, I would likely follow the group again.

Speaking of Vpop gg, there is a new project ongoing from a korean-vietnamese collaberation company in Vietnam, SB Entertainment. They have Jang Mi and ex-LIME Ivone under their label. It's a trainee program and they have a predebut show. It's already in it's 4th episode.

Yes! She's very pretty. Very East Asian ulzzang standard!

Despite the attempted shade about her looking like Joy (who's obviously a KPOP idol), I think she has the visuals for Korea at least from that picture. We need a little more in terms of pictures since the Korean "small face" ideal means that she would need the proportions too.

You mean body proportions? That can be done through diet and workout.

It's almost a shame she will be joining SGO48. Would rather she be joining a Kpop agency, even if it's a localized one in Vietnam.

YOON!!! :lover3: I hope High Up in the forseeable future get her some variety gigs

I really liked Z-girls tbh. “What you waiting for” and “Streets of gold” were very good imo.

I just never listened to z-boys. Their music wasn’t really my style. I don’t understand why they were banned from music shows though. That doesn’t make any sense at all. Did something happen?

In an interview with the Korean JoongAng Daily, producer Jun Kang, who founded the Z Pop Dream Project stated that the groups "really want to appear on Korean TV music programs, but the barriers for entry are too high". He continued to state: “I’ve been working in the industry for 30 years and have many connections, but music shows tell us that they want K-pop and Korean songs and that our groups don’t fit in.”