Who is the queen of V-pop ?

• Is Min the queen of V-Pop ? 3

1. Yes, Min is the queen of V-pop. (2) 67%
    2. No, Min is not the queen of V-pop. (1) 33%

First I red some people saying on the following topic that Thailand doesn't have an equivalent of the Vietnamese singer Min who they compare to the Korean singer BoA who is called the queen of K-pop as Min is a very popular singer in Vietnam :

Thai and Vietnamese pop music is surging across Asia – these are the artists to watch :

Then I looked out if the Vietnamese singer Min is called the queen of V-pop.

Then I found articles who said that the Vietnamese singer Min got criticized by a lot of Vietnamese citizens because the Vietnamese singer Min called herself the queen of V-pop on November 2020.

Those Vietnamese citizens said that other singers such as the Vietnamese singer Mỹ Tâm who was actually called the queen of V-pop in the 2000s or the French Vietnamese singer Hồ Ngọc Hà or the Vietnamese singer Bảo Thy or the Vietnamese singer Đông Nhi or the Vietnamese singer Bích Phương or the Vietnameses singer Tóc Tiên or the Vietnamese singer Amee could be called the queen of V-pop instead of Min.

What do you think about it :?:

Who is the most popular female V-pop soloist :?:

Who is the number 1 female V-pop soloist :?:

Who should be called the queen of V-pop and why :?:

• Definately not Dong Nhi. She is famous, but her music barely crosses 10 million views as far as I can remember. And I don't like her because of her management of Uni5, which is really amateurish.

My Tam's music I don't even consider as Vpop. More traditional ballad.

So it really stands between Min and perhaps Amee.

• Bich Phuong, My Tam and Toc Tien have to be in the discussion with Min as the top females in VPOP with Amee being the newcomer and really the only one with heavy KPOP influence.

VPOP, Vietnamese popular music, is mainly ballads. You can't say that ballads is no longer VPOP just because we recently had K-style idol bands (and only very few of those.) VPOP is a fairly large and established business in Vietnam, especially in comparision our other entertainment forms like dramas and movies. In fact, it is VPOP that drives better production quality in film and television with shows like "Voice of Vietnam" and the movie quality MVs.

Without ballads, VPOP would be very small indeed with literally less than a handful of moderately known boybands and no active girl groups. But that is not reality. VPOP is thriving with ballads. You can see that in the more and more expensive MVs that are coming out these days (but not from the idol groups.)

Why do I watch survival shows? This!

• Bich Phuong, My Tam and Toc Tien have to be in the discussion with Min as the top females in VPOP with Amee being the newcomer and really the only one with heavy KPOP influence.

VPOP, Vietnamese popular music, is mainly ballads. You can't say that ballads is no longer VPOP just because we recently had K-style idol bands (and only very few of those.) VPOP is a fairly large and established business in Vietnam, especially in comparision our other entertainment forms like dramas and movies. In fact, it is VPOP that drives better production quality in film and television with shows like "Voice of Vietnam" and the movie quality MVs.

Without ballads, VPOP would be very small indeed with literally less than a handful of moderately known boybands and no active girl groups. But that is not reality. VPOP is thriving with ballads. You can see that in the more and more expensive MVs that are coming out these days (but not from the idol groups.)

I forgot about Bich Phuong. She is a stronger candidate than Toc Tien, who's music has been a mixed bag over the years.

Guess I have to be happy that Vpop has found their ''sound'' so to speak. But the public supports the music, so who am I to tell them what do do lol

However, I do think there is room for idol groups. I read SGO48 sold 8k albums in their last handshake event. Not big numbers compared to Kpop, Jpop and even Cpop for that matter. But for a country that is developing and do not buy cd's, that's good. Hope they are profitable in some way.

If upcoming groups will use influence Kpop, then I wished they do it properly. If you are going copy something, then at least put more effort on it and not be half-ass lazy. Not to compare, but just look at this Thai group. None Vpop groups are close to them. Forget about reaching the bar of Kpop and Cpop groups, try reach this group's level first.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

69408eb16f7410df4f22e8cbc0f20383.gif

Edited once, last by Uni909 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!