Posts by Uni909

maybe probably...

if the song they released was in Korean they should sing korean, if the song was in Mandarin then mandarin etc etc

the issue is knetz have with China and things Chinese...

now if WayV were to change it - ie a song they released being in Mandarin then suddenly changing it to Korean to appease the korean audience and knetz, that might draw them maybe more backlash from their Chinese fans and the Chinese public

I was thinking like this: Next comeback, the mini-album and cb song will be in mandarin regardless. When performing on korean music shows, they use the korean version instead. Why would chinese fans be angry if the main product, the MV and single is in chinese. It's just when they are on a korean stage, they use the korean version. Or maybe use one of the b-side in korean to promote.

interesting so in your opinion its best to kowtow to the wishes of the masses when things get heated?

would that not mean that WayV might also face backlash from their Chinese fans? (which are arguably more important than their korean fans?)

Tough situation, but I don't know. Just think they should sing in korean for the time being. What do you think they should do? Just continue on singing in mandarin on korean shows?

be identified as a chinese Kpop group and not Cpop. Also, they should perform just korean songs on music shows. On MV's, they sing in mandarin. I think that would be the best route for the boys and SM, so they don't get more hate from knetz. Because I see increasing korean comments on music shows appearance, and they are not nice. They don't need China to be successful. WayV tops the album chart in Korea, so it means they have a decent korean fandom. Just let them sing in korean when in Korea, so it doesn't create more unnecessarry backlash against the poor boys.

https://mobile.twitter.com/glo…tatus/1373872313624498177

21677-28b0aaf2-c18c-49af-8a0d-a2e126a86cf0-jpeg

Our girls as Sith lords and the Galactic Empire!

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Almost 40 years old anime and it's still so good! The soundtrack is a delight for the ears!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I wished Colide had a MV.

If China and Korea can have a better relationship in the future, they should absolutely do a space opera movie with idols from both countries. Kpop idols, a lot of them do have many features that makes them look like a anime character. China's movie production is quite high-quality nowadays, judging from the movie in MeiQi song.

As of now I consider them Chinese language kpop. Like I get with COVID that they had to pretty much had to stay in Korea and make the most of it, but after Resonance I feel like it has boosted their Korean fanbase quite a lot.

Lucas and Winwin are in China right now for something (the M Countdown stage was prerecorded) so they are still promoting to an extent in China. It's just hard to move their whole team back and forth right now.

But don't they have a sub-office in China called Label V? Why don't SM let the boys stay in China and promote there? JYP NiziU is handled by Sony Japan, and they have facilities for the girls.

I have to use a comparison to NiziU, because both of them are ''localized'' groups by their respective companies. While NiziU has none korean promotions and do all of their stuff in Japan, I barely see WayV performing in China. Or am I wrong here? Why are they are just promoting in Korea when they are supposedly a localized SM group for China? So the question begs: Are they really a Cpop group? Because to me, they look more like a Kpop group. Their comeback is performed in korean shows, not chinese.