From now on, SM should let WayV....

• be identified as a chinese Kpop group and not Cpop. Also, they should perform just korean songs on music shows. On MV's, they sing in mandarin. I think that would be the best route for the boys and SM, so they don't get more hate from knetz. Because I see increasing korean comments on music shows appearance, and they are not nice. They don't need China to be successful. WayV tops the album chart in Korea, so it means they have a decent korean fandom. Just let them sing in korean when in Korea, so it doesn't create more unnecessarry backlash against the poor boys.

https://mobile.twitter.com/glo…tatus/1373872313624498177

21677-28b0aaf2-c18c-49af-8a0d-a2e126a86cf0-jpeg

• why should one change the way the language they sing in if they want to sing in that language...

shouldn't the issue be the knetz attacking them and not the language they sing in?

• why should one change the way the language they sing in if they want to sing in that language...

shouldn't the issue be the knetz attacking them and not the language they sing in?

I agree with you, but the reality is Korea is like that. China and Korea has a beef going on, and it's better to adapt to the situation imo.

• I agree with you, but the reality is Korea is like that. China and Korea has a beef going on, and it's better to adapt to the situation imo.

interesting so in your opinion its best to kowtow to the wishes of the masses when things get heated?

would that not mean that WayV might also face backlash from their Chinese fans? (which are arguably more important than their korean fans?)

• interesting so in your opinion its best to kowtow to the wishes of the masses when things get heated?

would that not mean that WayV might also face backlash from their Chinese fans? (which are arguably more important than their korean fans?)

Tough situation, but I don't know. Just think they should sing in korean for the time being. What do you think they should do? Just continue on singing in mandarin on korean shows?

• Tough situation, but I don't know. Just think they should sing in korean for the time being. What do you think they should do? Just continue on singing in mandarin on korean shows?

maybe probably...

if the song they released was in Korean they should sing korean, if the song was in Mandarin then mandarin etc etc

the issue is knetz have with China and things Chinese...

now if WayV were to change it - ie a song they released being in Mandarin then suddenly changing it to Korean to appease the korean audience and knetz, that might draw them maybe more backlash from their Chinese fans and the Chinese public

• be identified as a chinese Kpop group and not Cpop. Also, they should perform just korean songs on music shows. On MV's, they sing in mandarin. I think that would be the best route for the boys and SM, so they don't get more hate from knetz. Because I see increasing korean comments on music shows appearance, and they are not nice. They don't need China to be successful. WayV tops the album chart in Korea, so it means they have a decent korean fandom. Just let them sing in korean when in Korea, so it doesn't create more unnecessarry backlash against the poor boys.

https://mobile.twitter.com/glo…tatus/1373872313624498177

21677-28b0aaf2-c18c-49af-8a0d-a2e126a86cf0-jpeg

i mean
    it is SM
    SM is known for not treating Foreign idols fairly

• maybe probably...

if the song they released was in Korean they should sing korean, if the song was in Mandarin then mandarin etc etc

the issue is knetz have with China and things Chinese...

now if WayV were to change it - ie a song they released being in Mandarin then suddenly changing it to Korean to appease the korean audience and knetz, that might draw them maybe more backlash from their Chinese fans and the Chinese public

I was thinking like this: Next comeback, the mini-album and cb song will be in mandarin regardless. When performing on korean music shows, they use the korean version instead. Why would chinese fans be angry if the main product, the MV and single is in chinese. It's just when they are on a korean stage, they use the korean version. Or maybe use one of the b-side in korean to promote.

• I was thinking like this: Next comeback, the mini-album and cb song will be in mandarin regardless. When performing on korean music shows, they use the korean version instead. Why should chinese fans be angry if the main product, the MV and single is in chinese. It's just when they are on a korean stage, they use the korean version. Or maybe use one of the b-side in korean to promote.

you may have heard the saying that one cannot serve two masters...

• you may have heard the saying that one cannot serve two masters...

I do. But unfortunately, WayV's master is SM and they are korean. At the moment, WayV has little to do with China when they are not even staying in China and promoting there.

• I saw this translation

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

imo, SM making situation more messy . If this keep continues, it will do no good.

From the very beginning, SM should sending wavy to promote in china and attend more Chinese shows. I don't get SM reasoning to keep putting WayV into Korean shows. It will keep fueling them more hate especially since they support 'One China' in weibo. :sweatr1:

• I do. But unfortunately, WayV's master is SM and they are korean. At the moment, WayV has little to do with China when they are not even staying in China and promoting there.

the company is korean but the boys long term futures are obviously in China...

no SM Chinese idol has stayed with SM past their initial contract (correct me if I'm wrong though since I'm not sure of all the inner goings in SM lol) and most promote in China post their stint in Korea

• Official Post

WayV is gonna get hate no matter what they do either from Korea or China. Honestly they should keep doing what they're doing. They have performed Kick Back in both Mandarin and Korean on music shows.

• Kick Back is in both Mandarin and Korean on the album, as well as in their performances, which are split across different music shows. It’s odd though to see people complaining now when the album debuted at the top of the Gaon charts and they’ve been doing promos for nearly a month now..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!