Where are they now? - Big Mama

• Big Mama - generasia

Big Mama (Korean: 빅마마) was a South Korean female vocal group that debuted in 2003. The group was known for focusing on its members' singing abilities rather than their looks. The group disbanded in 2012 after their last song "cleaning my closet" after almost 10 years together. They resided under YG entertainment for their first 3 albums and as a stipulation in their YG/ M Boat contract, Big Mama members agreed not to undergo plastic surgery - a commonplace activity in South Korea, especially in the music business. They left due to poor promotions/lack of opportunities, going on to sign with Manwaldang to release their last two albums.

Shin Yeon-ah

Then:

Shin Yeon Ah Profile, Albums and Lyrics - HallyuMusic

Now:

Shin Yeon Ah - generasia

The Eldest member of the group, married her long time boyfriend Alexandre Boschi, who is four years her junior in 2006, who she met studying Jazz music in France in preparation for Big Mama in 2001. As far as public record shows they are still wed. She occasionally still releases songs for K-Drama soundtracks and still songwrites but has left the public eye.

Lee Young-hyun

Then:

Lee Young Hyun - DramaWiki

Now:

Big Mama Member Lee Young Hyun Joins MBC “I Am A Singer” | Soompi

Lee has stayed in the public eye but in a lesser compacity than during her time with Big Mama but still maintains a large spot in the Asian music industry. She has appeared in numerous Commercials, King of Kings on numerous occasions, then competing on "I Am A Singer", as well as releasing an song even for the Korean release of DC movie Suicide Squad. She participated in a multi artist project called the "Diva Project" in 2011, along side Lena Park and Sohyang. In 2014 her song Resignation gained popularity in Korea and Japan, as well as making a small spark in the US. She also is currently competing on this season of Immortal Songs. She married her manager in 2013/2014 as well.

Lee Ji-young

Then:

Lee Ji Young [Big Mama]

Now:

한국 가요계 역사상 노래 가장 잘한 여성그룹 멤버들 근황

Lee Ji-young has been quite busy since departing from the group, she is a vocal coach at Seoul Arts College, where she has been since applying and being accepted in 2013. Her single

"Goodbye Tomorrow" is a beloved song among both fans and non fans alike for it's imagery/storytelling . She contributes to drama soundtracks in both South Korea and Japan quite frequently, including the song "Inconvenient Truth" which attacks dark subject matter in it's song and accompanying music video. Her most recent releases have been the songs "Now" and "Paradise".

Park Min-hye

Then:

Park Min Hye - generasia

Now:

Park Min Hye [Big Mama]

She debuted solo officially in 2014, after having solos on many of Big Mama's projects during their time with YG. She has stayed largely out of the public eye but still releases music.

Who should I research and do an "Where are they now?" on next? Let me know!

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

Edited 2 times, last by crystalblues ().

• I heard of them, but I don't know any song from them.

Here is a couple of songs I remember

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Thank you for this

Absolutely

All legendary songs

The Grace maybe next? Or Fly to the sky????? I LOVED them, but they disappeared. Especially Brian.

OMG I love both groups! I would love to do the Grace they are one of my top 10 K-Pop groups ever.

I heard of them, but I don't know any song from them.

Let me know if you would like some song suggestions <3

Micah Forever

Benny's Smoll Bean

Minnie-SEC-Sig.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!