Posts by Uni909

Nostalgic! :cryingk:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Amidst in the bullying issue in Kpop, if there is one group I feel people should investigate more is this one. Cherry Bullet lost 3 members in 2019. It's not unusual that members leave, but the circumstance surrounding the departure is very very suspicious. LinLin, Kokoro and Mirae just vanished at the beginning of 2019 for months. Until FNC relesead a statement in December the same year. LinLin is back in Taiwan, Kokoro in Japan and Mirae recently redebuted with PIXY as Ella. FNC never gave any reasonable explanation on their leaving, and their sudden disappearing makes it look something bad hapened behind the scene.

d59825123c06434d89cc4a1605b45e0c.jpeg?s=900x600&e=t

Debut nearing soon? Crossing my fingers!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Cause we've been waiting years for a bop like Streets of Gold :pepeflushed:

Tbh, I never liked any of the Zpop songs. They feel so outdated and generic. Thought the concept was interesting and it could have been something special. SEAsians needs a platform to shine and it's definately not in Korea/Kpop. But which airhead decided to let the girls and boys be managed by a failure of company like Zenith is beyond me.... :cursing:

I think it's because of their debut. I mean their songs are all English with a K-POP flair but that's it. I mean, considering this, I would consider them as a normal pop group that originates in Asia.

Also, their promotions kind of suck. I wish they had a better company in this sense...

A lot of Kpop groups makes english songs nowadays. But is it because the Z groups songs were not that special for the Kpop fans?

:waterr:

Two things must happen:

A. The korean society. Most of the issues relates to the korean society. They must change within themselves and that will affect Kpop as well. I do believe that will happen, but with a slower pace.

B. Western media overfocusing on Korea as a society. We seen western media constantly attacking muslims, making news about Sharia Law, link Islam to terrorism, and making all sort of headlines that makes Islam look bad. Imagine if they shift their attention towards to Korea and highlight the issue the korean society faces instead? But only the bad stuff and heighten it. That I think might force some changes within Korea and also Kpop as well.

I'm really glad to hear that! Thailand needs more of that. I think most Thais listen to Thai music, but I still feel the Thai fans are more willing to pay for K-Pop merch & concerts than local artists (just a feeling though, don't know if it's like that in reality).

I feel the reason that there's a lot of Thais in East Asian entertainment is because it's seen as the default producer of idols/entertainment content from SEA in the eyes of East Asians. Like there's tons of Thais active in K-Pop in Korea, lots of Thai celebrities in China (Thais usually make up most of the Top 10 Weibo Asia Pacific celebrities list), and Thai BL/drama is super popular in Japan right now. This is all quite surprising considering that most Thais don't really speak other languages like Filipinos (who speak fluent English) or Malaysians (who speak Chinese/English).

I think once we start getting artists from other SEA like Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam debuting in these markets, then it's only a matter of time before you get other Non-Thais SEAsians being active in the East Asian entertainment industry. But on the other hand, more than that, I wish SEA nations can create our own entertainment industries and our own 'SEA Hollywood' so that our kids don't have to leave our countries to go pursue their dreams overseas.

I think if we do get to see a vietnamese in Cpop or Kpop, it's gonna be based mostly on pure luck and timing. Hanbin from I-Land is the closest to become the first vietnamese Kpop idol and I hope it happens. If not, I'm not gonna be so suprise either. Vietnam is still a developing country, and it will take some time before the music market is as developed as other countries.

Yeah I know Maggie Q. And Cat Thanh Vu G.O.F & Ta Du Dung Pink Fun from Thailand. But the thing is, all of them don't have any special involvement with the home country. Maggie has been in Vietnam for vacation and some photoshoots. The two half-viets consider themselves taiwanese than vietnamese.

What I meant about vietnamese has a better chance in korean shows is joining them. But who knows, maybe we will get a surprise in the upcoming Asia Super Young? I'm gonna keep my expectations really low.

Yes, that's one of the reasons why I am so intrigued by the success of the Thais in Chinese Produces. I could see a Vietnamese being pushed to top position by a Vietnamese fans. Right now, the Vietnamese fans are voting Santa and Liu Yu. During YWY2, I read that Vietnamese raised 50K for Xiaotang. If there were Viets, those votes would go to them.

But this becomes much harder with Japanese trainees in the mix which Sunnee, Mimi or Nene never had to face (not taking away the fact they were top level vocalists and visuals.)

CPOP because of the YWY and Chuang is really the number two destination now after KPOP for exposure in Asia. Winners are then tied into the Chinese movie and drama industries (Lee Soo Man's "Asia's Hollywood".) I hope it stays as an avenue for SEAsians.

I'm pessimistic if China's ''Asia Hollywood'' has a place for SEAsians besides Thailand. I can see indonesians be included since China and Indonesia relationship is improving(they are using chinese vaccines).

This may sound strange coming from me who always has low expectations in vietnamese joining any international venues, but I believe they have a better chance on korean shows than chinese ones lol.

A bit off-topic. It seems vietnamese audience are more into Vpop than Kpop or other overseas nowadays. Maybe that's a good thing.

Can Laboum that is also one my favs take a ''Brave Girls'' route? :omgr:

This 2016 LABOUM song is also climbing up the charts