Posts by Tenken101

Wow. I didn't even know all of these accusations happened. That was how low-key it was. But it sounds like she was a legitimate bully with actual records instead of being a he-said-she-said situation . It feels funny that kpop fans have crucified people like AOA's Jimin and ruined their careers with nothing much to go by but Sohye gets a free pass. Specially considering that the whole "slow and clumsy yet endearing underdog" image from Produce 101 seems to have been nothing more than just another one of her acting gigs. It kinda makes me feel a little sick thinking about it.

You're comparing what......1 song's spotify streams? How can you actually determine popularity from that? By that logic, then Weeekly is one of the top groups just because After School did great? Seriously what kind of logic is that? Popular song does not = Popular group. There's something called One Hit Wonders. And there's also cases like Everglow where non of that casual popularity translates to success or actual paying or long-term fans. official_Izone has 1.3M Twitter followers. IVE_twt has 632k followers. IZ*One Instagram has 2.2M followers. IVE Instagram has 1.5M followers. IVE will probably surpass IZ*One someday but not yet. You need to reassess what numbers you're looking at.

Also if you're looking at International then you're wrong since you have to add China and Japan where IZ*One did amazing. You're actually talking about Western Popularity. And to answer that question........they're a large temporary group that doesn't do Teen Crush or Girl Crush which is popular in the West. I've found that Produce groups don't tend to expand too much past their initial TV show fanbase just because of their temporary nature.

After HYBE rebranding project was over, she mentioned in an interview that she had 3 missions in HYBE: 1) rebranding 2) Plus Audition GG 3) her own agency. Other than this, Min Heejin was never involved with any of HYBE labels, their branding or groups. HYBE website mentions her as "former CBO". Currently, her only position is the CEO of ADOR.

It seems like things changed then or I misread an article about Min Heejin joining HYBE since it stated that she would be "the creative director to multiple labels other than Big Hit"

Source Music already had debt accumulated, PLUS GG finances were most likely taken care of BigHit Ent. In a way, It was a project to help Source Music, which had debts and was long overdue to debut group to at least strenghten their position. COVID didn't help either. Them giving up on PLUS project was probably accumulation of several factors: they couldn't handle PLUS project anymore, needed immediate results upon debut, but risk was too high + Min Heejin might have wanted full control over it. Anyways, nobody knows what went down, but seems like Min Heejin offered as an alternative to recruit Sakura, which is safer option for SouMu.

This is pretty much the crux to my theory. That the new Soumu group is basically filling in as a replacement for the PLUS group when they decided to steer away from the original plan of debuting them under Source and instead put them in ADOR. Yeah saying that the new Soumu group would take over "all" of the concepts and work for the PLUS group is a misstatement: I meant more like they would take over any assets left over that were not transferred over to the ADOR group. Which includes the CH OS since that doesn't seem like something that Min Heejin would take with her if she wanted full creative control over the group.

Anyways, I am sure both SouMu and ADOR GGs will debut before I-LAND airs in late June, we will see how it develops.

Considering that we haven't heard any official statements yet about the debut date for either group, I don't see how this would be possible. It's probable that we won't hear anything about either group until after the Winter Olympics and the Presidential Election on March 9. There would probably be at least a month between an official announcement and the debut date. With the rumor of CH being released in May, it seems likely that whichever group it's associated with will debut either in April or May to go along with the OS. And I don't think HYBE is crazy enough to debut two GGs within just 1 or 2 months of each other. They may come from different labels but putting them in direct competition with each other when they're both owned by HYBE makes no sense business wise. But I guess we'll see.

PLUS Audition group's creative direction was originally led by Min Heejin. By saying this, you are suggesting that Min Heejin left all her hard work in Source Music for Sakura's group, which sounds unrealistic. It is most likely that Source Music started working on new concept as soon as they reached agreement with Sakura and confirmed plan for new girl group, while Min Heejin transferred PLUS Audition trainees and all her original work to ADOR. ADOR trademark was filed on April 1, so division might have happened already in early 2021.

If Crimson Heart is for Source Music girl group, it was most likely created after the plan to make new girl group around Sakura was confirmed. Who knows.

Min Heejin might have been leading the creative direction but it's possible that she was also part of a team involved with creating the full image and direction of the PLUS group. The PLUS Auditions was touted as a collaboration effort between Big Hit and Source so it wouldn't be surprising to assume that Source and Big Hit both had personnel heavily involved with the creation and direction of the GG as well. It feels a little odd to think that Source would have their name attached and be involved with the PLUS auditions if the original plan was to lose all attachments in the future once the group gets transferred to ADOR. Seems like there wouldn't have been a reason to call the PLUS auditions a collaboration project in the first place if the whole plan was to just to leave Source empty-handed in the end.

And it's not like Min Heejin would be leaving all of her work behind. She's obviously taking her song and most of her creative direction with her for her own group. It would be basically the rest of it that the new Source group is inheriting. And Min Heejin's job as HYBE CBO is to direct the brand of several HYBE sublabels so she would probably have a hand in this Source group in either case anyways.

The main reason why I came up with this theory is just the way that some things don't seem to add up. HYBE debuting 3 girl groups quickly back-to-back just seems like such an odd business decision that must have some sort of reasoning behind it. Sakura didn't even fully agree to join HYBE until August, during which the rest of the line up was still not finalized since they were still trying to recruit Minju until Oct. The Crimson Heart OS took some time to develop along with the other HYBE webtoons. They couldn't have created it in August or created it for Source while the group was in limbo. But at the same time, CH doesn't seem to match with the aesthetics of ADOR that we've seen so far or with Min Heejin's style. All of the webtoons have been only for the Big Hit affiliated groups (none of the Pledis groups got one). But Min Heejin seems like the type that she'll want the first ADOR GG to be known ONLY as an ADOR GG and not be some sort of collab group with Big Hit. The group seems to be her precious little baby so she seems to be set on having 100% control over it.

But of course, this is just theory to try to explain some things. Nothing more. Who really knows what happened behind closed doors.

:wellr:

Kinda a random theory, but I think Crimson Heart was originally supposed to be for the Big Hit X Source group coming out of the PLUS global auditions in 2019. At some point, Min Heejin persuaded the big wigs in HYBE to let her create her own label and debut the members under her full creative direction and control, independent of Big Hit/HYBE. This is when they decided to scout Sakura and create a new Source group around her, to essentially take over all of the concepts and work created for the PLUS group.

Also, I was kinda iffy on the Lessserafim name too (personally, Les Serafim sounds better). But I got used to it so I'm kinda fond of it now lol. Also it'll probably be easier to search for.

This is why I said "usually". Like Nayeon is the Center and Face of Twice, Yoona the Center and Face of SNSD, Irene is the Center and Face of Red Velvet. Kpop groups generally used to put their most popular member in the center of the formation since they set the vibe and image for the group. But nowadays, outside of Produce groups, kpop groups don't really have an official center anymore since they tend to rotate the members in the center depending on the performance. Like for instance, you mention Yiren as the Center but when you watch Everglow's dance practice for La Di Da or Bon Bon Chocolat, Yiren is rarely in the Center. What's the point of being called a Center when you're not usually in the Center? The concept of Center is obsolete nowadays outside of Mnet show groups.

Sakura is so effing beautiful I just can't....

:lover1::lover1::lover1::lover1::lover1::lover1::lover1:

I actually had high hopes that some new girl will be center

Kura already is an ace and could take face of the group position

Isn't the Center usually the face of the group though? Like Somi for IOI, Kang Daniel for Wanna One, Wonyoung for IZ*ONe, etc etc. Although, I don't think non-Produce groups actually have official centers so I don't expect the HYBE/Soumu group will have one either (except maybe for photo ops since they tend to have set formations for those).

Please don't go running around with assumptions. It's your choice whether to support the group or not but none of the Korean courts have found any of these idols guilty of collusion with Mnet and that's after an actual official police investigation into the matter. Concluding that the idols are guilty through either half-baked translations of Korean articles or uninformed guess work isn't really proper.

Also, let's clarify that the actual and factual criminal here is Mnet, which was officially found guilty and their responsible personnel fined and jailed. Direct the hate to the actual criminal instead of the bystanders who got dragged along with their scam. Also, the fact that people go after the idols instead of Mnet themselves, and people just conveniently forget and continue to watch and support Mnet's idol shows is pretty telling.

In the end, very few people actually really care about any of this.

Hmm. Try reading that paragraph again ya? Who said it was ok to say derogatory words directly to women? People don't say racist sh*t in Harlem because it's dumb af and inconsiderate. Which is exactly why Jae saying this sh*t in public was dumb af and inconsiderate. If you think I'm trying to defend Jae then you're sadly mistaken lol. People have a right to be angry at his words. I could care less if this guy gets cancelled or not. I'm just explaining what happens in real life, with real guys. If you don't think 80% of male idols say stupid things when they're alone with other guys then you probably don't know men that well. The main takeaway is that only a small chunk of those 80% are actually truly awful scumbag human beings. But you're free to believe whatever you want really.

I do wonder what it is about racist and sexist remarks that make them the height of hilarity, even in private. Humor is highly influenced by culture and upbringing. That's why jokes are so hard to translate and "get" for a foreigner. So I wonder if men in general like racist and sexist humor and see it as harmless in private or if it's just certain societies or subsets of societies.

Anyway, I think that you might be surprised by how the people you're joking with really feel deep down even if you think they don't really mean it.

No idea really. Why do a lot of little kids laugh when people say "butt"? I think it has something to do with saying something that people tell you that you shouldn't say. Like some sort of guilty little pleasure. But who knows. I'm no psychologist.

You'd be surprised at the crazy little things that might pop up in the deep recesses of people's minds if you look deep enough. Animalistic urges and the human pysche can get real messy. If we could read and judge people by their deep thoughts and feelings then we'd probably have to cancel everybody in existence lol. But most people learn to suppress these thoughts and feelings because they develop moral compasses that tells them that it's wrong. So just as long as their moral compasses are working and people don't act on these negative feelings, then what they're feeling deep down doesn't really bother me and is none of my business. I really only judge people on their actions and how they live their life. Nothing else.