Posts by Tenken101

Just some thoughts from an Outsider's perspective:

I don't know anything about Jae or Day6 but I watched some of the initial controversial video and this apology video out of curiosity. One thing I have to give the guy credit for is that this video doesn't seem like the pre-planned apology BS written by legal suites that you find in kpop. It seems genuine: Whatever he's saying is probably what he feels at the moment. Nobody would be struggling this much getting words out if they had planned to regurgitate some sort of apology script in their head.

And maybe some people don't know this but guys sometimes say dumb, racist, and sexist sh*t when we're around other guy friends but we don't really mean them or take them seriously. It's more like the absurdity of it is what we find hilarious. Basically, it's the same energy as a 10-year-old boy laughing hysterically at the word "boobie". Is it childish and immature? Sure. But tbh, there's a LOT of adults out there that still feel like kids inside just pretending to be adults. Lawyers, surgeons, business owners.....I've met many of these man-childs. Most of them though are still generally good people at heart.

But the thing is most of us know NOT to say these jokes in public or outside of our little male friend circles. Words can be harmless when they're not heard but can be harmful when they are. Jae's problem is that he was stupid and immature enough to forget this and say the joke in a public forum. He was probably in a head-space where he thought he was just hanging out and chatting with a couple of online buddies. There's really no excuse for his lack of awareness and stupidity, and lack of understanding about how certain words can hurt and damage others.

Now I've actually met truly misogynistic guys. Real scum that don't really see women as thinking, feeling people but more as just toys to take advantage of and play with. I don't really know this Jae guy personally but I just really don't get that kind of vibe coming from him from what I've seen. I'd say he's probably more just an idiot that needs to be more considerate and self-aware about things. He's probably redeemable.

i won't trust anything that spreads on the internet until HYBE themselves confirm the line-up. I'm not even convinced that the gg will have sakura and chaewon for sure.

Remember how sure everyone was that Lami will debut in smngg just for her to drop out in the final moments.

Anything can happen

But why would HYBE bother to separate them or not debut them? They bought out their contracts for a reason. Companies don't spend money just for fun. And there's no advantage to separating them at all: It'll just annoy ex-Wiz*Ones and thats it.

Also all of those news articles talking about them joining Source didn't just come out of thin air. Sakura came back to Korea for a reason. I'm 100% convinced that HYBE leaked all that info for media play and to let fans have an idea of why both of them suddenly disappear from the public at the same time. Imagine how crazy fans would have gotten if they had just randomly went MIA? They'd be calling the police or something lol.

The only complaints i've seen from the Wizone fandom in general are Hitomi/Nako/Hyewon/Sakura stans complaining about lack of lines and Wonyoung/Sakura stans fighting about who should be the center.

But overall, Wizones were pretty united as far as i could tell. I think you see it in the album sales of every Izone member's solo or group redebuts. 60k, 90k, and 250k sales is pretty damn amazing for four Izone members (Eunbi, Yuri and Ahnyoungz.). Hopefully Yena continues the winning streak. I dont think you see these kinds of numbers with just solo stans of these members, some OT12 fans clearly bought albums.

We also went through hell with the hiatus. I think that also served to solidify the fandom and quiet some of the individual grumblings. We were just mostly happy we got them back...

:waterr:

What's interesting is that non-Chinese Wiz*Ones never hard divided ourselves into named individual fanbases. Yeah we had a few akgaes at the start but they got segregated and silenced pretty fast. We just called ourselves Wiz*Ones with biases. OT12 was pretty strong and things were pretty peaceful. The fact that Kep1ians are drawing up battle lines and dividing themselves into Hiyyihlights, Youngwondans, etc is actually a little troubling. It might not seem like a big deal now, but it's not gonna help foster unity. Hopefully you guys don't have a rough 2.5 years ahead of you....

I didn't follow GP999 (for obvious reasons).

If I read this correctly, Bahi is kinda like Chowon in PD48, only this time Mnet weren't able to cheat the final rankings to steal positions for their favorites that didn't make it in the voting?

Chowon was actually well-liked by a lot of people though and had a good storyline during P48. She was also known to be surprisingly good at everything. To this day I still have no idea why Mnet decided to rig her out. Most people would have been happy with her making it. I think Bahi is more like Miyu if she had a bigger fanbase: Disliked by Mnet, with 0 screentime, but with a very loud and dedicated fanbase.

it's understandable since panorama was a goodbye song and fans were focusing on other things in that moment. Fiesta still did a good job at getting them fans imo and it explains their sales after it. While disbandment scare explains Fiesta sales. That's what I think.

A bunch of Chinese Wiz*ones/solo fans were boycotting the Panorama album because they were upset how certain members were being treated by IZ*One's company, which led to the decrease in sales. We were never told that the Panorama album was going to be the last one. And there was still 4 months left so everybody assumed that there was going to be a very last album around April. If we knew that it was going to be the last album it would have sold WAY more.

Up is a fan-favorite and basically the anthem for all of IZ*One's "cute" songs. There's a lot of emotional attachment to it, specially since it's a reminder of their happier days. But Pretty is stupid catchy and the music video is one of my fav IZ*One videos ever.

So I basically......I can't choose ;(

아이즈원(IZ*ONE) - "Pretty" Dance Performance | 뮤플리 스페셜
    #아이즈원 (IZ*ONE) - #Pretty #댄스 퍼포먼스✅ 친필 싸인 폴라로이드 이벤트 진행 중! (댓글 참고)🔻 더욱 다채로운 KPOP 영상을 시청하고 싶다면 🔻뮤플리(MUPLY) 채널을 구독해주세요. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9LcN9...
    www.youtube.com

I have a feeling I'VE will do better in Korea and will be digital monsters while the Soumu group will do better Internationally and will end up being physical monsters. Although saying that the Soumu group will sell 500k out-the-gate is being a bit too unrealistic. They'll probably start more like around 200k and work their way up from there. And a lot of knetz will rally behind Wonyoung but they won't rally behind Sakura because she's Japanese and a lot of them have disliked her from the start.

Ifans have always underestimated Wonyoung. And, no hate to Sakura fans, because I know it isn't all of them, but I'm sure a good percentage of them are probably burning right now, especially the ones that swore up and down that Iz*One was "Sakura and friends" or that "Sakura was the real center" or "Sakura carried all the sales" who are currently receiving a huge reality check right now. I'm sure they never expected this sort of reaction toward Wonyoung and Starship's new group. But as I said, they have always underestimated Wonyoung and will continue to do so. But the results will always speak for themselves.

I mean.....I hope you do realize that a good amount of these people aren't exactly Sakura fans but Produce48 fans that were Pro-Japanese and using Sakura as a weapon against Wonyoung who they saw as a symbol of the pro-Korean favoritism (ai. WUSPLE) during the show. These are the same people who keep on thinking that Japanese members were rigged out even though the Courts only said that Gaeun and Chowon were.