Posts by aclassyteaparty

this is just so cringe... like shouldn't she be flattered to be a trendsetter?? instead she is obsessively looking for proof that she was "copied" instead of just taking the inspiration other groups have gotten from newjeans in stride. this is just straight up embarrassing

I have never understood this theory, gf was selling 90k albums per cb but at that time it was good numbers for a GG, twice and bp were selling +200k albums, RV/Mamomo +100k albums.

Gfriend never generated as much revenue as LSFR, but for a small company their numbers weren’t negative until 2020-21, it probably means Hybe was investing on trainees and other stuff.

i posted a graph some pages ago that showed source was in the negative since 2018

never said it was close, my dude. you picked a fight with the wrong person.

-magnetic charted at 91 on bb hot100, attention/hypeboy/cookie did not chart

-magnetic just got a perfect all kill yesterday (#1 on ALL relevant korean charts), attention/hypeboy/cookie did not

-magnetic was already #1 on the circle digital chart, for nwjns only attention was, hype boy was 2 and cookie 9

-magnetic is top 15 on the global spotify chart, attention and hype boy never made it past 80

if we look at newjeans weeks charted in melon weekly top 10

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

magnetic is soon to be outdoing attentions weeks @ #1 record.

i already said im only talking about the song magnetic itself and im only comparing it to the performance of newjeans' debut songs. i already said illit is not beating newjeans in other metrics. did you actually read my post or just go nuclear over the fact that i said "magnetic is going to outchart attetion/hypeboy/cookie"?

i don't think illit is replicating newjeans success, i wasnt the user who said that, i just think brushing magnetics performance to the side isn't making anyone's case. hybe proved that they can churn out a hit song if nothing else.

To debut new girl groups, not because of Gfriend

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

that only accounts for 2020

girl...proof of what exactly? someone just posted a full timeline of the situation including article links to certain info right above your post. source music footed the bill for all auditions and trainee expenses and then mhj took the trainees she wanted, leaving them in the red with no group to recoup the cost. like others have said, this is old news and anyone that was waiting for a hybe/bh gg back then was aware of the situation. i already knew mhj left source bc of disagreements over the girl group concept years ago.

i personally don't rlly know if mhj can be blamed for it all, but people are just shooting shit on twitter. its not even that serious :|

Huh...confused by this..I do not think this is how it works though

External Content twitter.com

this article was translated somewhere else. its just about what they would owe if they were to try to release something under the newjeans name if mhj terminates their contract with adore, bc hybe owns the trademarks.

It just doesn't make sense or have a lot of weight to me. Bang PD was heavily involved in Source from the minute of acquisition.

This just looks like people again blaming everything that's happened in the last few years on this

well, i think the reason people are bringing this up is to show that there were issues brewing with minheejin since d1. also adds to the fact that they gave her a fck ton of freedom and resources. it is true that some of the new jeans members were source trainees first. you dont have to understand something for it to have truth to it lol. i believe source was already in the red before recruiting the lesserafim members. they were in the red before even being bought by hybe from what i recall. gfriend never cracked 100k album sales and they had significantly declined in brand power. their last big hit was in 2016

If she left Source in ruins, why they hell would they let her run another label and debut a group? That makes no sense

i think the problem is that people are imagining that hybe is just bangpd making all the decisions. he is not even the ceo anymore and stepped down in 2021, a year before lesserafim's debut. band pd and mhj having "beef" does not mean other hybe higher ups did not see her as invaluable and want to give her a chance. and their blind faith in her obviously payed off bc they now have nwjns AND lesserafim in their roster. bang pd adopted source as his fixer upper, made lesserafim and repopulated company staff, and that was how the issue was "resolved" from a corporate standpoint .

its just so crazy to me that mhj literally used every hybe resource available to her to make nwjns, source trainees, source staff, hybe's funding, and still has the gall to pretend like hybe wasn't instrumental in nwjns' success and that she herself deserves all the profit.

i also think hybe were rlly trying at the end to keep gfriend strong. they had legacy. but their last few cbs underperformed and source was in major debt to hybe. maybe its in part bc of mhj taking so much from source for her own company, but either way the money wasnt there at the time and the company needed something quick.

are people really still asking "how could mhj take control of ador with 18% of the stock" like the outlined plan from her group hasn't already been reported on and posted..? And the document with the plan is confirmed to be real. There is a screenshot and the guy admitted he wrote it, but is just attempting to claim it was a personal memo and not a true plan. But lets not forget that hybe believes the confidential financial info downloaded by president a was already leaked to outside investors.

People are too busy trying to throw shade at armys for being the only ones trying to keep the story straight that they aren't even reading the shit themselves.

It was said from the beginning that vice president a was the one that leaked the financial data... they want min heejin to step down bc they belive her to be part of the scheme to leave hybe. What she allegedly leaked was personal info of the new jeans members.

But it doesn't say anything worth while? Was he not allowed info he took. It seems like he after he left hybe to ador he still had access to even more files to download. If it just about leaking info and not about him illegally obtaining it that is what I want proof of.

I do not think hybe are going to post all their evidence. This is likely going to court. They said the documents were confidential and obtained for malicious purposes. If his contract said he could not download confidential documents and he did, yes, that's illegal.

I just wanted to relay info from the most recent articles.

I seen that he was accused of leaking files he obtained while working at hybe but no proof. Do you mind showing me this. Also still even if he took it this has nothing to do with mhj unless you can prove she ordered him to take the files and ordered hin to leak them to potential investors.

all of the articles are posted in this thread. I belive the one i'm talking about was somewhere on page 87-89. Its not hard for them to find proof of someone's download history from their work computer.

And the plans vice president a made seem to implicate min heejin because how is the vice president going to sell her company from under her nose. She knew.

I just think it’s a little different when it’s under the same company versus a competing company. And again, we don’t know how interconnected HYBE labels are. It’s possible Belift has access to internal documents that show concepts passed over or M/V ideas, or even songs they were considering for albums. If Belift is literally using Ador documents to create ItILL then yeah, it’s just not a rip off, but actual theft. So HYBE is already getting money from the original, why do they need to be so greedy to get money from a knock-off as well?

Even min heejin didn't dare try to insinuate anything like this. She literally only cited that illit copied newjeans concept and "aesthetics", specifically stuff like hair and makeup and the fact that they went to..one fashion show as promo.