Posts by OnehoeforWonho

Thats blackpink's impact. The rise of the loud title tracks is due to the popularity of blackpink and companies trying to release their own version hoping it'll just be as popular.

Yeah I should have worded it better

I meant loud songs not just in terms of instrumental but loud songs with loud shouty vocals. I know Blackpink spread the loud instrumental title tracks but I think the shouty vocal lines came from Itzy.

I thought you would mention the crown hand gestures they do above their head. Itzy 100% started that and now have since had others copy them.

That's interesting. Ofc I know Itzy have that iconic ending pose but I didn't know other groups did that too. Which groups have copied that?

You're right about performances but girl crush sound was 100% Bp's impact.

Yes the girl crush revival was Bp's impact. I meant more of the loud singsong chanting Itzy have in their songs.

I think loud title tracks were mostly because of BP especially after D4

You have a point with more emphasis on hard-hitting performances and choreo though and I'd argue they brought teen crush to the forefront of KPOP for a while

Yes this is it. When I say loud title tracks I mean songs with loud instrumentals + loud singsong chanty vocals which is basically the teen crush concept.

Looking at girl groups that debuted pre and post Itzy there was a rise in girl groups with loud title tracks in the 4th gen after Itzy debuted. But their biggest impact imo is the way they changed the game for girl group performances. 4th gen girl group dances are much more high energy and dynamic compared to previous generations and we have Itzy to thank for that :sure-bee:

Even if non of the songs is my fave, these are the best winner songs in my opinion

• 2015 - Mans Zeleröw - Heroes
    • 2014 - Chonchita Wurst - Rise Like A Phoenix
    • 2012 - Loreen - Euphoria
    • 2010 - Lena - Satellite
    • 2009 - Alexander Rybak - Fairytale
    • 2006 - Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah
    • 2000 - Olson Brothers - Fly on the Wings of Love
    • 1997 - Katrina and the Waves - Love Shine a Light
    • 1995 - Secret Garden - Nocturne (Wasn't this song used in Shreck?)
    • 1994 - Paul Harrington & Charlie McGettigan - Rock'n'Roll Kids
    • 1992 - Linda Martin - Why Me?
    • 1987 - Johnny Logan - Hold Me Now
    • 1982 - Nicole - Ein bisschen Frieden
    • 1981 - Bucks Fizz - Making Your Mind Up
    • 1976 - Brotherhood of Man - Save Your Kisses For Me
    • 1975 - Teach-In - Ding-A-Dong
    • 1974 - ABBA - Waterloo
    • 1972 - Vicki Leandros - Apres Toi (My grandma also played the German version a lot)
    • 1969 - Lulu - Boom Bang-a-Boom
    • 1967 - Sandie Shaw - Puppet on a String
    • 1965 - France Gall - Pupee de cire, pupee de son (My grandma allways played the German version of it lol)

Euphoria, Satellite and Fairytale in you list, I know I can trust the older songs here

Time to do a spotify listenathon of these songs

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thank youu, I'll have a listen to these

Now this is where you lose me…

why would you choose that song from the album when Here exists???

Sorry that song is getting a 7/10 and here is a 9 easily

What about that says Spring to you?

You might as well have recommended Winter Flower…

Omg why do you have such a good ear, this is a such a spring staple

A 9/10 for me

This is also a must

Now this is where you lose me…

why would you choose that song from the album when Here exists???

Sorry that song is getting a 7/10 and here is a 9 easily

Omg why do you have such a good ear, this is a such a spring staple

A 9/10 for me

This is also a must

100/10

The ultimate spring song

But actually -1 because why isn’t this on Spotify

Now

So I've kind of finally entered my anime era after years of dilly dallying

I've watched Spy x Family 3 times, Fruits Basket and Tokyo Ghoul S2.

I kind of want to keep the momentum up but I don't know where to start.

So please drop your recommendations for an anime that's easy to watch- as in not too many episodes, no long 1 hour episodes and maybe an addictive plot.

:thumbs-up:

Let's play a game called rate and recommend.

You rate the song above you out of 5 or 10 and then recommend a song of your own.

The theme is Spring songs or songs that remind you of spring.

I'll start

External Content www.youtube.com

Um from my experience of visiting London recently is that

Travelling on the underground/by train is pretty safe if you are going to central London (which is where all the sights/attractions mainly are anyway) since they're usually always packed. Even at night time since people come home late from work and there's the London night life, especially on a Friday evening.

The food won't be expensive if you know where to shop. Don't shop from the small Tescos, Sainsburys in central London- they will always be overpriced.

Check out the bigger Tescos, Asda, Lidl and Aldi if you can.

Clothing- if you want to buy stuff sustainably I would recommend shopping online, H&M might be a good alternative too but I feel like H&M can be found in a lot of countries so it might not be that special.

Activities might be a bit of a tricky one- what sort of activities do you have in mind?

A lot of museums and galleries are free to enter, and other attractions like the Tower of London are like £1 or something so it's just a matter of finding the right places.

Overall, if I compare London to Paris, especially for food, London is cheaper.

Hope that helps!