Posts by ilikeJB

I completely agree on that.. :yesr:

Many I-fans like to hide their criticisms behind how things work in SK like just congratulate and go, their country, they know better.. most GP does not give two shits except obsessed fans

Even some of the actual obsessed fans in Korea actually congratulate him. Lol. There is one or two comments in the K forum that was like "He married her because she's preggo" type of comments but no one actually asked idols to do it "more traditionally". It took me to an international forum ie in AKP forum to find those comments.

I was referring to the claims OP made...

ofc there is both support and hate in all cases, chen had more cause it was more of a shock since it was reletively first time for such apopular idol to do so..

anyways the hate comments are not all from fans of these groups but more from fans of younger groups who are worried that their oppas will do the same since it is becoming more common in the industry now.. they are the ones mainly spreading the hate everywhere

Yeah I was also referring to the claims OP made and a bit on the other user who replied to you.

I dunno what SK traditional world culture they are referring or have an impression of but looking at hottest and Korean GP forums, they are all applauding him for taking the responsibility for the child and the mother, its not a bad thing at all and it certainly doesn't make him look bad. K hottest knows he's gonna be a good head of the family. Plus, in 2016 Chansung went on an interview admitting he had a girlfriend during debut and his fans said good for him.

Sometimes I feel like its I fans that has a problem in letting go of their oppas rather than k fans. I am quite surprised there are some I fans that tries to dictate how an idol must do it more "traditionally".

From the Korean sites people seemed to be happy for him. Like even with Chen normal people is happy for him, just K-ExoL that had a problem with it. Bobby too the Koreans are congratulating him. Like I know Korea is more traditional but on this part I only see people congratulating the man for being responsible to his partner. If not why would every news site since Gen 1 idols announce that the couple getting married is also expecting a child in the first place? Like the pregnancy is an information you can cover, why announce if its such a bad thing to them?

But, that thinking doesn't work in a society like Korea. Like, if you know that you will get married if you decide to keep the baby, why not either practice safe sex or get engaged? In Korean society, it just looks bad on the couple when they do it this way.

Korean society does not look down on premarital conceive or even premarital sex, they look down on premarital birth, single mothers with a fatherless child. Getting married because of pregnancy still conclude a proper family and that's not frowned upon at all.

In Korea a child without one parent will have problems on schools health etc. And you can't just put the father's name on the child if the father is not married to the mother. Not marrying the mother, the father will have to put in adoption form even if biologically it is his child. That's the system there. So the best way when a couple has a child in Korea is to get married so the child is well cared for in future, even if the marriage failed at the end. The marriage is more for the responsibility of the child rather than commitment to each other, and if we have gone through every single traditional religion in the world, marriage is actually just that, responsibility for the offspring that comes from the union, not about commitment to your significant other.

With good pay a lot of men would go anyway… I don’t know how it is in different countries, but here in Germany we also had mandatory service until 2011 for men. Now they lure them with a lot of money. I heard in America they will even pay your tuition if you want to study. Right now those in mandatory service don’t get much payment in Korea.

War is profit so its an investment for some countries.

In S. Korea its a tad bit different because they are still at war with NK. The DMZ basically have gunshots everywhere daily. In 2010 46 SK Navy sailors was killed due to an unprecedented attack by the NK (they denied but like wth nobody is buying that bullshit). The incident almost caused another Korean War. What happens after 2010 is that the rate of enlistment rapidly increased. Many men who have delayed their service due to studies actually stopped their study to enlist. Its not nationalism or patriotism, there is this layer of need to protect their people. Remember the transgender woman who was forced to leave the military? She knew she will get the reconstruction surgery and will probably get in trouble if she stayed in the military, but she went because she feels that there is duty for her to protect her country regardless. Sadly she passed this March. So for some its not even payment cash, its a duty for them to protect their people.

I'd think giving them and all other men a choice instead of mandatory would be best. Believe it or not some Korean men do want to go and maybe for BTS, instead of mandatory, maybe ask them, do they wanna go? (HYBE should not have an opinion in this)

2PM Taecyeon is very much exempted back then because he still has his US PR. Yet he chose to go and gave up his green card after seeing the almost war that happened at the borders. Because technically they are still at war with the North, it was an armistice so any side can basically just say "Hey we want those land back". I would understand the Korean men would want to go as much as the Korean men who doesn't want to go.

Like I dunno... ask maybe?

Also. YG's new $40 million building is powered entirely by solar panels.

The same building also basically heats up the surrounding area which is more damaging to the environment than it is saving. Those residents around that building didn't complain because it's ugly, they complain because their area became a furnace.

Yet they also just invested in an NFT.. lmao

NFT damaging the planet is still a 50/50. If they keep with the current system in place for another 10 years then yes things will be doomed but NFT in the past year have probed into a more green leeway in the system and they have been doing researches on improvement even before the introduction of NFT. Why would finance corporate do this environmental thing? Because for one, you can create diamond from carbon, literally. Yes, they are looking to put that much carbon in the air to create diamonds can attract the elites who wants to find glory in saving the world while also looking good in jewels. Another reason is environmental lawyers are damn good with the public on the side of green, so being environmental friendly is not a choice anymore, it's a must.

so u mean western are not including the single in their album anymore?

Not quite that but to say its how the west does it, not entirely true. You can see the likes of Olivia Rodrigo, Silk Sonic, Justin Bieber are following this route where they release singles before including it in the full album. But the likes like Ed Sheeran, Kanye West, Taylor Swift and Eminem release a full album and any of the song went on being promoted into the singles category and this is actually considered the traditional way to make music in the west. Billie Eilish have done it both ways.

YG and Black Label however have done the "multiple singles before including in the full album" since 2012. In 2012 Pharell have tried to do much singles as he can and he was critisized by then industry for doing in in an "unorthodox" way.

look like they follow the western style release

putting the single in the album

:/

Not really western style, more like YG-Black Label style.

Surprisingly in the west there is not much of an "album" nowadays, more and more people went for Singles. And then there are the likes of Taylor Swift, Kanye (ironic that its these 2 I know), Ed Sheeran, Eminem etc that releases whole albums instead of filling it up with pre-released singles.

I wasn’t that into Paramore (was more of a FOB stan) but my friend was a huge fan of the former and she was one of those fans who didn’t like it when they released their titular album in 2013 and dropped more pop-ish singles like Still Into You which I actually liked. She was more into Paramore’s Misery Business era and wasn’t happy with their change which did help them become even more mainstream than before.

Regardless of how the band was put together, fans and music listeners alike still criticised them when they went down the GP-friendly route.

In my opinion, Paramore was always GP-friendly, and were always presented on a clean cut platter by a big record label. Of course, their fans would argue on the genuine background due to attachment reasons, but it doesn't change that Paramore had their first album recording directly released with the help of a multi platinum producer.

FOB went through the underground scene, Coldplay started on the London band scene, Maroon 5 was fully independent at their start, all have this "authenticity" in process that makes them a bit rough I guess. Then there is Paramore who was simply built by Atlantic Records produced by high profiled producers. I'd say Paramore never sell out, they were always in fact, mainstream. Which is actually just fine the way it is so I dunno why Williams herself needs to prove "more genuine" background for Paramore.

Ahh

The snobs who only wants an act (can be band/nugu kpop group/struggling artists) to be stagnant and don’t change.

These people are married to the ideology, and some haters will take advantage to fuel the fire using this angle.

Actually even I myself don't think of Coldplay as "authentic" anymore. I mean I listen to them but I don't think I'll ever see their newer songs as more than just entertainment for my ears. I don't think they are clout chasing by collabing with BTS, but I don't think they are in any way showing authenticity and Chris Martin himself who is a bit of a hypocrite is the reason why.

Nowadays, Chris Martin basically just receive music from a Swedish producers and wrote lyrics to it. Not a problem at all, everyone has their own process. But its what Martin said about the move from alternative to more pop that is kinda hypocritical. Chris Martin argued that the move into more pop music is to change their soundings and always evolving but reality is Swedish pop producers all use the same basic pop music system (there is a science to pop sounds that makes pop music just addictive). Pop sound is actually very stagnant and don't change much. And the fact that Coldplay stayed in pop for 10 years working majorly only with the same Swedish producers just means Martin's words about "evolving" are just bullshit.

While Coldplay haters is hella severe, I won't say Coldplay is all that too.

I do remember haters and music snobs saying that Coldplay’s “not a real rock band” back then lol. The same thing happened to Paramore and Fall Out Boy where people called them sellouts for making more pop-ish, radio-friendly songs.

Which is why it’s funny to me when bigots like that German radio host lost his mind over BTS covering a Coldplay song because BTS are a worthless boyband and compared to the coronavirus while Coldplay are legends. :pepe-smug:

The German Host bigotry really has nothing to do with music authenticity in the first place. He's just hating without context and is probably one of the people who only knew Coldplay existed after Coldplay went pop.

I just need to add because putting Paramore in the same line as FOB seems incorrect. Paramore was kind of manufactured since start and their music was always supposed to be more pop-ish and radio friendly. Hayley Williams can say what she wants about being friends with her fellow bandmates since start, but reality is each of their founding band members were kids who were scouted and trained by major industry players. Unlike Coldplay, Maroon 5, FOB etc, Paramore were put together by their record label, they were never "a real band".

Why? They did something bad? Or antis just bring antis?

During Viva la Vida album fans start to think they have sell out to pop industry. Chris Martin started to make music with pop sweedish producers and basically the band scene (think Vampire Weekend Oasis Weezer Blur types of followers) sees Coldplay as a joke and have lost their roots. A lot of them basically wanted to erase Coldplay from the band scene. The haters themselves dont hate pop industry but the authentic process of a band stays within the band and never a third party producer. Any bands that "sells out for pop" like Coldplay, Maroon 5, will get a cult of haters that is deeply passionate to hate them.

For those who are against PS, the thread is not for you.

I am wondering who in Kpop actually has a damn good surgery done in your opinion?

Min Hyo Rin - DramaWiki

Min Hyorin revealed once she actually had surgery on her eyelids and I was surprised because unlike most surgery on eyes that end to basically make the eyelids twins, hers are actually quite different to each other and was following each of her eye shapes rather than trying to copy the right to the left. Most eyelid surgeries really looked like it has been tweaked but hers looks natural. Such decisions by the surgeon shows skills and art that just makes something look natural, which is easier said than done.

JooE (Momoland) Age, Profile, Family, Facts and More - Wikifamouspeople

Joo E from Momoland have said that she had nose surgery, particularly on the bone between her eyes which people were surprised because they actually thought that's her original nose. She did complain that because it didn't enhance her nose dramatically no one actually believed her when she had she already had surgery. Yet looking at her pictures, seems that her dr was only accentuating her nose that fits her whole face instead of just have her nose high. I think the dr made the right choice because dear God she looks so natural.

Super Junior Kyuhyun to Make Solo Comeback in April | KpopStarz

I think Suju Kyuhyun had one of the prettiest eyelid surgery. It really changes his whole feature, soften his face a lot. They didn't do anything dramatic and I applaude the dr for doing the eye shape that compliments the entire facial feature.

I think plastic surgeons that does great surgeries to deserve recognitions. Its not actually easy to make changes that doesn't feel like an alien on natural faces.