Posts by Prongs

External Content x.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

copy and steal.

Oh, hybe.

:meme-picard-facepalm:

Remember, belift ceo, fake ador ceo, skuter, are not the person who built hybe to this point. They are leeches. The ones who build this cpy either resign or being attacked 24 hours.

Kpop in outside world is only well known for having massive fandom, not because the music is super good or near western music level. It's not main stream music cause the song can not be mimicking by casual listener. That's why cupid is much more acceptable cause their lyrics stuck in our head and we can sing it without having bias towards the group.

SNL Korea who is an embarrassment to the country, receives major backlash after their mocking behaviour towards NewJeans Hanni (+Nobel Prize Winning Author Han Kang)

October 19, 2024

[theqoo - hot] SNL who parodied the National State Audit

COMMENTS

The sad thing is that even I, a Korean, would be scared if I went to the state audit. A foreigner who is only 20 years old and not good at Korean, tried to express her opinion, and even if you only look at the content, she spoke very well and responded intelligently, but when you look at this, they make her look funny because they made her seem like she's not good at speaking Korean. As someone who has lived in a foreign country for a long time, this is so bitter. This is real racism. No matter how smart a foreigner is, if she is not good at speaking, people make fun of them.

What a disgrace to the country...look at their level

They really need to stop targeting young girls; it's strange that this is a world they market off this type of thing

Among all those adults, there wasn't a single person who felt strange about doing this??????

Aren't they all crazy about this ridicule?

I really hate this... This is such a disgrace to our country.

Anyway, they are the only ones who don't know that their intelligence is low.

They are insane... There are things to mock and things not to mock.

Why are they satirizing this? ㅋㅋㅋ They should be doing that towards those powerful company figures instead. Doing that to the victim there isn't satire, it's mockery.

That's not satire, it's mockery ㅋㅋ Anyone can see that it's xenophobic.

Is it a joke to take advantage of someone else's misery and make fun of them?

While addressing cases of workers who are unprotected in the gaps of labour laws, one of those cases involves a foreigner who bravely spoke out in a foreign country. To parody that is just low-level. Hanni spoke seriously the whole time, and expressed gratitude to those who supported her, and the only moment she got emotional was brief. It’s ridiculous to call that just a parody.

If you think this is not a problem, then you know that there is a problem with your intelligence.

First of all, it's not fun and just watching it makes me feel like my intelligence is dropping^^….

As a freelance artist and foreign worker, she went to testify about their suffering, and instead of parodying the company executives or societal power figures who abused them, mocking or belittling the workers or the socially vulnerable, fully deserves criticism. I believe that comedy that looks down on and mocks others is just low-quality, third-rate humour

A really fucking stupid program

Hanni's issue was also reported in the Australian news. This is not a light matter.

Their jokes always target the more vulnerable (they work hardest at mocking women). It’s cowardly, and I really dislike it. Even as someone who isn’t particularly interested in NewJeans or related issues, this is so low that it makes me grimace

Are they crazy this is racism???? Seriously, those girls are living their lives so fiercely, yet these broadcasting station guys are working so cheaply.

This is really not it.. She came out with so much courage as an idol..

I'm really curious about the brain structure of that person who came up with the idea to use this as a joke.

If you can't hit the nail on the head, then it's a missed comedy.

In the first place, they shouldn't trivialize foreign pronunciation like that. And if they're going to imitate it, just do it casually. Why are you doing this to Hanni?

What about Bang Si-hyuk??? They were so scared they couldn't even mention his name, but they openly used NewJeans and Hanni's names

As someone that's been on NJs/MHJ camp, I think people are underestimating how difficult it'll be for MHJ's team to win the CEO seat back through this injunction.

The good news is that Hybe said in court that she'll have the same salary and power as her days as the CEO. The downside risk for MHJ/NJs combo is mitigated.

Not sure what happened. But the fact Ador fast to hold general meeting to reappoint her as director before the court result only made me wondering if hybe and their lawyer plan something.

Not related.

But just want to give condolences to Liam Payne family and 1D fans.

Can't believe I just saw tiktok couple days ago about his controversy act during concert. I don't know what really happened, but I feel like fame can really take its tolls on someone.

I hope that kpop idols realize that all the glory will pass at some point, it will not last. They need to prepare what come afterwards. That's why, the longevity of them being artist is what matters, not their idols status.

RIP, Liam.

I don’t know what invited to participate here means but bottom line she neither had the caliber nor the substance to go to such a place and deserves the criticism she’s currently getting.

It's related with the lawsuit submitted by their fans about ador/nj situation. National hearing to discuss whether the lawsuit can be applied for artist with exclusive contract.

Who to invite and what to discuss is up to national assembly.

If anything, the criticism should direct to these politicians who can't get to the bottom of the problem and just use them for campaign. I am just happy idol like her brave enough to deal with these shitshow and speak up despite criticism (she knew it before going there and still doing it).

Beside, a lot of artist has been invited to UN to talk the big talk without substance either. I don't know why speak in national level about corporate bullying to their group since April can be considered "without substance"".

:pepe-hips:

Regardless, This time I find it a valid sentiment.

I’m sure there are haters indeed but not every criticism should be regarded as “hate”

This whole thing by hanni was quite cringe imo and something that should have never happened.

Because these people try to limit the issue only to greeting. But hannie case not merely about being ignored, but that there is systematic attempt by Hybe and their sub labels since their creation of illit to slowly erase NJ and MHJ IP by creating unpleasant environment for the artist/staff to work. "Not being greeted" sounds childish, but when it's done repeatedly as symbol not being acknowledged as part of the team, it is the same as putting pressure for them to leave.

It's typical corporate way for employee who speak up against management. Management will not fire them directly, but they will do dirty trick by giving her/him less important job, not include her/him in project, until they feel like they are not required anymore and resign by themselves. Company successfully get rid of them without responsibility to pay.

It's textbook gaslighting done by corporate.

Beside, if the issue is only about not being greet, NJ has been hold it since they are debuting. But it has been escalated to steal their trademark,hate campaign in media, downplaying their achievements, and cut down their long term business partner (disturbance of their activity).

So, yeah, to compartment the issue only for "greeting" is choosing to ignore the big giant elephant in the room.

People need to think before they judge someone. This isn't the first time when a celeb was labeled as a bully or problematic, and we found out later that they weren't the problem at all, but it's much easier for people to jump on the hate wagon rather than do some research.

It's so hard not to judge after the 2 weeks Trainwreck where we learned about her personality. And her agency also not helping her case this time too, "if it's not true, we will file a lawsuit". That's "IF" is weird word to pick after they said "it's not her".

I don't know if anyone here is ancient enough to remember that sone named "dmn" lol but he would probably have a field day if he was still active.

Anyway, I don't think what she said was meant to allude that artists don't have working rights but that artists are literally not workers. So they have (probably have? should have?) a different set of rules and laws to protect their rights.

The relationship between artists and their companies is not the same as that between employees and their employers. These companies are managing the artists' jobs and they have profit sharing contracts, which makes them more like collaborators than employers and employees. I know this is more extreme than cases of regular artists' managers because of how much control companies have over these idols' lives and the whole trainee system where idols in most companies find themselves indebted to these companies for years to come. But technically speaking, it's still more of a collaboration than employment. and factually speaking, they do have a profit sharing kind of contract and not that of a regular worker.

Unfortunately, most exclusive contract here only means they are not allowed to work with others.

The only artist I can see how to play this exclusive contract to full benefit is IU. She understands the value of artist within label, especially when label only handle single artist. Label-artist relationship should have been on the same level of business partnership. But the way most company treats their artist is like employee - employer, especially if artist still have debt of their trainee days. So you can see the power imbalance here where exclusive contract somehow become slave contract.