Posts by whips

#NewJeans Becomes 1st K-Pop Girl Group In Billboard Hot 100 History To Chart 3 Songs For 5 Weeks.

Tweet link

Note, it does not say first of the 4th generation, it says first ever over all, regardless of generation.

this is dangerously approaching “best left handed batter of asian descent on an east coast team playing on the road at a night game in the first week of may” level of cherry picking stat lol but kpop stans would rather die than laugh at themselves for how ridiculous they are

moonbyul has all the fan girls bulk buying her album :wink:

Just like a boy group.

bold of you to imply a huge chunk of the recent inflation of kpop groups sales across the board (for both ggs and bgs) doesn’t come from fangirls bulk buying too :pepe-cringe:

But it’s true that in mamamoo, moonbyul’s the member with the most dedicated fans behaving more similarly to bg stans than the usual casual gg stan lol

Even someone like Chungha who had multiple megahits could barely break 30k album sales iirc. Even Mamamoo album sales for solo releases end up in the mid to upper five figures im not sure if any has broken 100k, despite how powerful MMM was digitally or how well known someone like Hwasa was.

Well moonbyul’s already reached 100k+ with c.i.t.t so you can’t say no mamamoo solo release managed to do so :fingerk:

Which goes back to my "Why post two different things comparing them." You didn't in your initial post add any info from Source Reports saying they cleared their previous debts, you posted a tweet showing their net profits for the year. WHich is what I pointed out that going off the numbers listed, that'd not clear their debt for the year previous years.

So saying they had a bunch of revenue this year doesn't really say anything cause without more info, I don't know where that revenue went. It could have been used to pay off the debts of the previous years or completely used to offset the costs for this fiscal period. I don't know, you aint exactly offered a lot of encompassing information.

i feel like we’re going around in circles lol sure we don’t know exactly where souce music spent all their revenue, but that doesn’t negate the fact that at the end of the day, they earned 5.9b in profits this year. i think it’s already implied that profits = what you took home after deducting debt and costs from your revenue right? it’s with this premise in mind that i provided you the figures i did. it seems you don’t agree that that’s what net profits means bc you’re questioning about costs / debts, when my assumption was they were already covered, bc that’s the definition of profits i learnt lol. so i guess we are at a crossroad bc we don’t agree what net profit means :wellr:

But when you post a tweet showing off a net profit that doesn't even offset the Red of last year, I gotta question what math you're doing cause it clearly wasn't in what you provided.

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. If i was operating at -5 dollars yesterday, why would i need to earn more than 10 dollars today just to break even, like you’re implying? Logically speaking i only need to make more than 5 dollars today to offset my debt right? Anything more than that is just gravy. And in source music’s case, the report shows they’ve already covered all their loss from last year, and the 5.9b was what they took home AFTER settling all their debt, to put it in simple terms. That 5.9b is not for paying off their previous loss. It’s the net profit, and it’s positive. So again i just don’t get where you’re coming from.

why post two different things and comparing them?

i’m not sure what you’re asking me. You do know that reporting revenue AND profits is the basics of what financial reports do right? :sweat: The tweet in this thread’s op specifically only compared net profit, not revenue. They compared the same thing, not 2 different things. So again, it’s on you for not reading, not on the tweet for comparing profits like one’d normally do to gauge whether a business is succeeding lol..

Agree. Le Sserafim is actually the 3rd best group in Hybe groups with the most profit this year

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

oh ok I figured it out. The order of groups listed in that tweet doesn’t correspond to a ranking of revenue or profit, it just follows the order of each group mentioned in the original report i linked above lol there’s no pattern. So actually source music (lesserafim’s company) ranks 5th in hybe (behind bighit, pledis, ador, belift lab), not 3rd :sweat:

Agree. Le Sserafim is actually the 3rd best group in Hybe groups with the most profit this year

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

um i’m not sure where that tweet collected data from bc isn’t ador already making more money than source music judging from their half year report?:

That's... not how math works.

Like even lookin at last year... that's not even break even.

looks like you’re the one confused here lol that graph on the left shows net profit, not revenue. Source music earned 36.2b in sales this year, and took home 5.9b in profit. That 5.9b is not all they earned lol

I do agree about the flower boy aesthetic, i dont think this old man will ever understand it lol. I grew up during Schwarzenegger, Stallone, Gibson, Willis, Ford, Clooney, Smith, Denzel, Pitt, Cruise, Lowe, Depp, Dillon. All stereotypically masculine sex symbols not the flower boy aesthetic that dominates Kpop today (although i will entertain arguments that some of the names i listed could be considered flower boy esque lol).

urgh rob lowe is such a beautiful man it hurts lol

brad pitt too but too bad he’s a pos person. what a waste 😩

The rest of the men you mention never quite did it for me but ig they fit male beauty standards in the west at the time

lol yes. Lisa is behind only Queen Nicki. She is just as good as the rest of the local rappers (Doja, Cardi, etc). Jennie is very solid as well, but not in that top tier. So maybe it should be more like Jenlisa as a duo are among the best, with Lisa being tied for second only to Queen Nicki.

did you just inhale another lethal dose of delulu in your nursing home bc this is quite a new feat even for you lol :pepe-cringe:

not interested in this unbelievably boring and predictable debate, anyway yall should bless your ears with some literal honey vocals 😌

External Content www.youtube.com

Yeah it stood out to me too when i saw she’d dyed her hair honey blonde again. Didn’t realise how big of an effect hair colour had on her “vibe” lol the short jet black hair made her look so different while this warmer blonde shade makes her look like she’s been plucked straight from secret story of the swan era 😭 Will she ever go pink again i wonder hmmmmm :pepe-smug: