Posts by whips

well you know what they say, better late than never :pepe-flirt: judging from the poll results looks like people who have taste are in the minority but we stand proud :pepe-flirt:

it was always a bop you just finally opened your third eye and saw the light like the enlightened rest of us with taste :pepe-big-brain::pepe-flirt:

Also i’m assuming that “caribbean” part you hate in the 2nd verse is ryujin’s part? It’s actually my favourite part of the song lol i wish the instrumental wasn’t so short :pepe-joy:

Yall need to get your ears checked lol this sounds nothing like nmixx. You know what it sounds like? Itzy’s debut era 😭 Literally dalla dalla was way more disjointed than this and people initially dogpiled on it like crazy, and even that song has nothing on nmixx. Yall just suffering from collective dementia bc 4 years apparently is too much for your memory 😭

Also bet on me is the worst song out of all the 3 singles from this album and that’s the tea :pepepizza:

Ok i just watched the mv again and it’s cute how they had little easter egg throwbacks to reference their past mvs: the conveyor belt and metallic lift door from dalla dalla, some of the outfits styling and filming location maybe a callback to icy, chaeryeong with wavy black hair in a high ponytail dodging flash lights from the beauty dishes maybe a reference to wannabe, the gun shooting scene from not shy, yeji’s distinctive straight orange hair and their outfits whilst filming at night maybe to reference mafia in the morning, the warehouse and car scenes a throwback to loco, and the filming montage maybe referencing cheshire? Idk I’m probably reaching with some of these lol but they definitely are referencing their past mvs, at least one or two of them

People on reddit getting shocked by the switch up seemed to forgot ITZY debuted with Dalla Dalla and followed it up with Icy. Wdym they released an NMIXX like song?? Did everybody just forgot what ITZY's sound was at debut? Well can't blame them since they've been a bit lost for years now. Anyways this is a bop that reminds me of debut era ITZY in the best possible way with a sprinkle of summer.

I don’t understand how this sounds like an nmixx song? Lol noah fence to the group but nmixxpop wishes it was this cohesive and its transitions actually existed :pepe-cringe:

Their best mv/styling in 4 years and honestly maybe their best title track too. At least top 3 for sure. Finally they know how to utilise ryujin’s raps lol

This has every potential to become a hit like queencard and spicy but i’m less confident to say it will bc it’s jyp. However if they somehow manage to play their cards right and get enough people to pay attention to this song it’ll definitely chart high

ahahaha wow

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

hype boy is basically love dive on steroids lol minus the accolades mind you :pepe-peaking:

i could argue bigbang didnt slip in 10 years which is way more impressive and wouldnt be possible today

secondly, while longevity is important, it is EXTREMELY hard to release 9 #1s in a period of 3 years because of the sheer likelihood of the public getting tired and fed up

even marvel only has one true megahit piece every year or two despite their attempts at pumping out content relentlessly

tbf i was only referring to ggs bc that’s the topic in this thread title, but even if you include big bang in this discussion too that makes 2 groups who never slipped in their entire career out of the hundreds that debuted in 2nd gen lol that’s not “common” in any sense of the word.

I actually disagree with your argument that twice’s frequent releasing schedule hindered their ability to nab straight number 1 hits in a relatively condensed period while they were at their peak, and idt the “mega hit” in your definition equals the “number 1 hit” in mine. In fact, out of all of twice’s number 1 hits, only cheer up and maybe tt can be considered mega hits, same with sistar whose definitive hit songs are only alone and touch my body imo. That’s not to take away from their other songs’ success, it just means there are different levels to “number 1 hits”, which makes this not different from your marvel comparison at all.

2ne1 bigbang and to a lesser extent, SNSD could think of getting #1s 7 years into their debut

today it seems near impossible

but that wasn’t the point you made that i was addressing? This was your post that sparked that user replying to you:

should have mentioned twice did it in 3 years

a lot more impressive if you ask me

which logically looks like you were arguing that achieving straight number 1 hits in 3 years is a more impressive feat than in 7 years. Now you can bring up that we need to account for the competitive nature of the industry now compared to the past, which can tilt the scale towards twice, and i’m not interested in that discussion, but that still doesn’t mean it was “more common” like you said to achieve what sistar did in 2nd gen. The point wasn’t just about the group’s status in their 7th year alone, it was their consistency throughout the entire 7 years and how they didn’t slip a single time. That is not common in any gen lol

nahhhhhhh it was much morecommon during 2nd gen lets not lie to ourselves

uhh this couldn’t be further from the truth lol what? Literally what sistar did was unprecedented back then. Even snsd at their peak relevance as “the national girl group” never reached this level of digital dominance, and their chief competitor 2ne1 who was touted to have the upper hand when it comes to charting also didn’t have an unbroken streak of number-1 hits after hits like sistar did. Everyone else was not even close. Don’t know how you came to the conclusion that what sistar achieved was common during 2nd gen lol