Posts by O-NULL

Great post thanks for the information, the background on Yuehua's other artists and the hate for Everglow. I've been watching the new Everglow interviews and I noticed they all look pretty down I had no idea they were going through this so now I understand. It's so sad after things like Sulli it just carries on and on.....

Where BBC flopped wasn't investment, but tracking what the hell was done with it. I mean the Loona team were going round the world to film shit before debut, imagine the cost of it all no wonder it all racked up into millions.

This was filmed in Iceland lolll

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

That’s more than fair. Some of my favorite k-pop composers aren’t doing it one-man at all, as well. In fact, is there even a one-man production team for any kpop groups? Because I haven’t seen one. Even fave Crush has a team for his own music production.

K-Pop is often so complex you need a variety of people and talents involved to shape a song. I'm sure there's one 'senior' writer maybe for a song who creates the overall vision for others to feed off like Teddy or Brave Bros.

Someone can be great for writing a melody or a hook, but someone else will flesh that out with some great sounds, beats, change ups, drops etc that elevate the track to what you hear on release, and the song would not have been as good without that input. I think Soyeon does a fair bit, but like someone said she's 22 and a full time idol it would be crazy if she could do it all herself at this stage if at all.

Blackpink aren't my favs as I don't really have one but this would have been cool as a BP release:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

they spend sometimes over 10 hours in the practice room for weeks sometimes even months imagine doing that every day every time you have a cb, preparing for a comeback takes at least 2-3 months that’s insane and gets on your health, and twice members are definitely overworked you can see how often some of the members need to take a break bc of mental health issues so yes having 3 to more comebacks is too much and the idols get way to overworked

Yeah 10 hours a day for weeks or months sounds harsh

giphy.gif

We seem to have no problems in the US though. The size of the military would be reduced for sure but that could happen anyway with the current system (the demographic numbers i've read are shocking, i think the population of eligible draftees is projected to drop by like 50%).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/s…ewer-soldiers-11573039652

Reduce the size of the force but invest in them like you would any professional workforce. There's a huge cultural barrier to overcome i think (I know Koreans really look down on soldiers as "lower class" "uneducated" etc), but in the end, this could be the best solution to address the huge demographic problem.

I think the military is heavily pushed in the US though isn't it, movies, TV shows, sport events, plus they have the pure marketing of being the no.1 military force in the world. There's a ton of poverty in the US so you have a fertile recruiting ground as well. I'm not sure you can achieve that in S Korea plus there's no incentive in upping the spend on recruitment when the law conscripts you.

They should actually do away with enlistment and instead convert to a volunteer military. Korean demographics are gonna reduce the pool of young male draftees massively. Make the military a professional one where soldiers are paid well, where the shitty ass hazing/abuse is mitigated (there will always be some low level forms of this stuff in every military, or even sports teams or frats for that matter, but make it so the soldiers arent permanently traumatized ffs).

I think they'd like all men to have some form of training in the case shit hits the fan as they do have a professional Army. You can surely do it in one year though. I think even if you up the pay attracting people into a profession where your job will be to kill people and possibly get killed/ maimed is always a tough sell.

Well, I don't know every detail abou the group, but they was a group with members from a couple of other groups and companies. But if they return to their orignal groups I guess those group would get a boost. So I guess it's not so simple to look on ow much the group brought in but also what kind of revenuee they bring in after being disbanded to different other projects. I also don't think the group would go on with the same popularity but would propably start to loose some of it when a couple of years have gone since the produce show was aired.

Thing is we have the answer about post Produce popularity with say IOI, whose groups struggled, Weki Meki, DIA, Gugudan, Pristin - two disbandments there now. The power is in the group once you fragment it you lose that sadly. In terms of long term popularity I think once you go big you don't come down as proven by Twice and Blackpink. Even groups who organically grown over the years like WJSN really have established sales.

I think there would've been lots more money made if they weren't disbanded but if they didn't have that catch of it's only temporary then maybe there wouldn't have been so much hype around them and other produce groups

Just a theory

Maybe you had to kill off the golden goose so the new golden goose could fly. With the new Produce show arriving could the market handle two huge Korean/ Japanese groups? Why not find out at least give it a shot
    giphy.gif

I don't really like the idea of enlistment, I mean are we in the 15th centuary?

I agree it's sad anyone has to enlist but maybe the circumstances dictate it. Why can't it be shorter almost two years is well long surely.

Imo they should enlist before becoming idol. In my country people normally enlist at 19 years old. Would it be bad if you would debut bit later?

I think those early years are probably critical in the whole idol learning/ training process, plus let's face it the industry is youth driven and it's success is based on fresh new faces arriving on a regular basis.

Looking at some rough figures from 2020 after a quick Google search

Total sales albums Korea and Japan : 1.6 million

2019 Tour 83,000 attendance.

Merchandise sales ???

Say we cost an album at $10 each, in 2020 alone IZONE could have generated $16 million in sales.

No idea what concert tickets are but let's conservatively put them at $25 a ticket = $2 million

Lets take a total guess and say they raked in $1 million from merch sales.

If we say post Co Vid in 2022 they can tour again (demand will be off the charts as well), make a similar amount from concerts and albums that's basically looking at $19 MILLION!!!

What are the costs, maybe $1.5 million on staff, $1.5 million on MVs, feeding them, clothing them $1 million, add another $1 million for other stuff flights, cars, Sakura's gaming PC etc = Cost to run IZONE is $5 million per year. So with the $19 million say knock off a few million in taxes we are now looking at maybe a $9 million profit at this point.... $500,000 sent to each company for the member knocks off $6 million leaving a clean $3 million to the owners/ creators of the group!

What went wrong here if other companies were willing to sign up - I can only assume say Starship if they were given this ballpark figure believed they could make more than that with two star idols in Ahn Yujin and Jan Wonyoung. Or that they were fully aware of the revenues and didn't feel the cut they were offered reflected that.

My figures could be way off though maybe they ate loads and that drove up costs :-D

txt and everglow :sweatr:

+ two comebacks are enough, preparing for one is already exhausting and what not and having 3 or more than 3 is too much imo (not including japanese releases)

A comeback promotion run is say 4 weeks? The run up to that preparing the music, choreo, styling etc maybe 6 weeks so 10 weeks per comeback = 30 weeks for three. Still gives you 5 months free unless my figures are badly off here? Only the J-releases will complicate matters but they don't have to promote on music shows in Japan do they.

Hard to say. Do the majority people keep in touch with all these details, like which group is under which company, or is it only the forum nerds who do? I can't figure it out.

I remember when they first debuted and were being interviewed at the company and they had blurred out the 'Yuehua Ent' sign in the dance studio.

Yes and no... I'll give you my take when I'm done with work.

Forget your work tell us now :eyes:

To make it fair just have a blanket enlistment law passed for all active idol groups to be able to delay enlistment till after 30. What is inherently wrong with this as really we will only be talking about a few hundred individuals at any time. That way you can maximise revenues and prevent loss of earnings / momentum and no one accuses anyone of getting favoritism? Everyone still has to eventually enlist.