I think ALL active idol groups should be able to delay enlistment till after 30

• I think they'd like all men to have some form of training in the case shit hits the fan as they do have a professional Army. You can surely do it in one year though. I think even if you up the pay attracting people into a profession where your job will be to kill people and possibly get killed/ maimed is always a tough sell.

We seem to have no problems in the US though. The size of the military would be reduced for sure but that could happen anyway with the current system (the demographic numbers i've read are shocking, i think the population of eligible draftees is projected to drop by like 50%).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/s…ewer-soldiers-11573039652

Reduce the size of the force but invest in them like you would any professional workforce. There's a huge cultural barrier to overcome i think (I know Koreans really look down on soldiers as "lower class" "uneducated" etc), but in the end, this could be the best solution to address the huge demographic problem.

• We seem to have no problems in the US though. The size of the military would be reduced for sure but that could happen anyway with the current system (the demographic numbers i've read are shocking, i think the population of eligible draftees is projected to drop by like 50%).

https://www.wsj.com/articles/s…ewer-soldiers-11573039652

Reduce the size of the force but invest in them like you would any professional workforce. There's a huge cultural barrier to overcome i think (I know Koreans really look down on soldiers as "lower class" "uneducated" etc), but in the end, this could be the best solution to address the huge demographic problem.

I think the military is heavily pushed in the US though isn't it, movies, TV shows, sport events, plus they have the pure marketing of being the no.1 military force in the world. There's a ton of poverty in the US so you have a fertile recruiting ground as well. I'm not sure you can achieve that in S Korea plus there's no incentive in upping the spend on recruitment when the law conscripts you.

WHY YOU SHOULDN'T HATE ON IDOLS

1. They are young people trying their best in a competitive industry.

2. You don't know what other pressures they are under, company mistreatment, diet, lack of success, not earning, long hard hours, family problems etc.

3. They have worked for years towards a dream to entertain us and offer it up pretty much free if you factor in streaming, Youtube MVs, reality shows.

4. We all know what can happen in extreme cases, mental health problems and even suicide (Sulli)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!