Posts by melma

Actually, The Weeknd has publicly trashed The Grammys on several occasions.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

The rumor going around is that The Grammys gave The Weeknd an ultimatum: them or the Super Bowl. The Weeknd chose to perform the Super Bowl.

Yes I knew it was probably because of the super bowl issue, still I thought I remembered him participating in a Recording Academy event prior to the nominations but I might have been wrong

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but I struggle to see how someone who hasn’t shown himself on any public platform for almost 2 years (and the few times he actually does it’s during group promotions and he’s always in the back) apparently “loves the attention”

BTS

- BE was extremely forgettable which is worse than if I’d actually hated it, there’re songs which I do dislike but beside that I feel very mildly about it. With every other album there’d be at least a couple of songs I really liked but not with this one, even if some tracks are good they don’t really stick

- I see this mainly the few times I still use Twitter but an overwhelming amount of fans are deranged and proudly so. It used to be side-eyed whenever someone acted like a jealous girlfriend and I don’t know why it’s become a thing this past year, but you can see that what started off as a play on the delusional fangirl trope became an outlet for these people to actually voice their obsessions without being called out. It’s so bad that whenever a member is seen in the vicinity of a woman I gotta witness one viral ‘I can’t breathe he’s cheating on me’ tweet after the other and it’s unbearably corny, not to mention the times they end up stalking these poor people. like stop projecting over random celebrities, or at least don’t get mad when people write you off as a bunch of rabid teenagers when a lot of you do everything in your powers to fit that stereotype to a t

- I hate dynamite but this is probably not that controversial, same with the auto tune thing

-stop Victoria justice-ing every time someone praises a specific member, they all have different sets of skills and it’s ok to acknowledge that

- as a semi-casual stan, dreamcatcher could really do without the rapping, they’re all good to really good singers including Dami and I’m sure she’s a lovely girl but most times when she raps she sounds like there’s a frog inside her mouth

So true, and it's happening again with Harry Styles currently. Everyone was shitting on 1D fans for being dumb, tasteless teenagers, but now everyone is hailing him as the new David Bowie or what not.

I’d say that also partly has to do with him switching genres or at least leaning towards a less pop sound but yeah obviously boy bands are always more directly associated with mindless teenagers

western musicians literally have these types of fanbases too. justin bieber did, one direction did. and what do they have in common with kpop? they're all perceived to be acts only girls like so they're looked down on. female interests will always be belittled and women treated terrible. sports fans act insane over sports matches too, even literally rioting when their teams lose. literally incite violence. but kpop fans are the bane of everyone's existence? also now all fandoms do that fancam spam bs on twitter so no one complains about it bc its not just a kpop stan thing anymore. and its always like that.

The Beatles’ reputation changed drastically because of that, in the beginning when their fan base consisted of mostly girls they were treated like trash, then years later men woke up and realized that they were actually Not That Bad and now they’re apparently musical geniuses

Yet again many weren’t, Wehrmacht≠Nazi. This issue is too severe to claim Wehrmecht were Nazis. Some of their members were and many weren’t.

Again the imprecision is irrelevant in this specific context, she’s still hugging a mannequin with a swastika on it. And no matter how “many” (disputable) members went against the ideology that doesn’t change what the German army as a whole was made to do under nazi rule please this is not the hill you want to die on

I guess since bts themselves call them x member’s song they’re at fault as well lol, they’re so obsessed with solo stans at one point it’s gonna make them turn against the members. Those songs were meant to be for only one member then adapted for the group, we still don’t have vl mixtapes and they decided to include them in group album so it’s perfectly ok hype them as such. And even then back in the day we’d always highlight when a member had directly participated as a producer eg. jk for lino or even yoongi for autumn leaves so idk why the sudden indignation

This is just semantics, Wehrmacht soldiers are still directly associated with nazi imagery even if they weren’t ss themselves. And once again you can and should talk about other issues but do it in a separate conversation and not just in reaction to Holocaust

Everybody jokes about Hitler. Even Taika Waititi, director of the Disney blockbuster 'Thor Ragnarok' joked about Hitler in this latest movie. Hitler is not sacred, he's not holy, am I right? So why couldn't we joke about him?

I said that to prove that she was already knowledgeable about ww2, no where did I share my personal thoughts on whether it’s ok to joke about it or not. And taika DID receive backlash for that so that’s not a very good argument

Western culture hegemony and the entitlement of mainly US Americans to have their history know by everyone else are absolutely a thing but it usually concerns very insular issues and not, you know, a world war that affected 3 continents not even a century ago, that’s just a very performative way to misuse a legitimate problem. Plus she already joked about hitler in the past so It’s clear she’s not oh so unaware, and even if she couldn’t recognize nazi imagery coupled with everything it’s still not a good look at all and doesn’t make it any less insensitive