Posts by gerrard174

Eleven was in the top 10 ''just'' for 14 weeks if I'm not wrong.

Kitsch timing was bad regarding the top 10, so many hits in the following months when it already started losing hype and NJs releasing an album now when it was on the edge putting 2/3 songs above it was the last thing it needed. I just hope we don't have people coming saying how Ive's longevity is becoming worse without analyzing this like I've seen with other artists/songs.

It is such a bad timing for IVE.

Kitsch + I AM could've stayed top 10 for months in lesser peak times. Impressed that I AM still staying well, it is really SOTY worthy

I AM also "only" gotten 9 music show wins because of intense competitions. Their previous comebacks have more than 10 wins at least. Kitsch has 2 wins though, so this era in total still >10 wins. Such a shame because I AM is SOTY material. Queencard being released afterwards really gave them the edge on winning music shows

Didnt realise that Kitsch already out of top 10 daily. Does this mark IVE's shortest stay on top 10 with a title/prerelease?

Unforgiven on the verge of dropping out too. NewJeans the song will definitely push it out tomorrow. If Cool with You get into top 10 then Spicy will be out too

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

#1 aespa

Flawless discography. Hype pop sounds is just a thing for me. The members are talented too. Bias = Winter

#2 IVE

Flawless discography too. Really like their songs. Their vocals might be lacking a bit but the group as a whole is very harmonised. Bias = Rei / Yujin

#3 LE SSERAFIM

Very close to #2. Concept wise I liked theirs the most. Also think they have many good B sides like Blue Flame, great Mermaid, no celestial, eve, fire in the belly. The members are well-chosen. All have their appeals (some are good performers, some are good singers, some are agood at variety visuals etc)

#4 GIDLE

i give it to idle. I have liked them since Latata but Soojin departure made me feel something is incomplete with them nowadays. Still like them but their music have become more tacky nowadays. Still bops

#5 newjeans

Good music overall but members tend to be more "boring" plus too young imo

The rest i dont care anymore

And they probably will,mainly because they marketed themselves as your close-friends type of idols than the luxurious / unreachable idols

And also, them being closer to normal person (by this i mean less idol-like) probably helps the fangirls to project themselves into NJ. + the company continues to do good marketing + release good songs. I dont see them fading off anytime soon

They are most probably the least hated and most well-liked GGs out there. And this public-friendly image will make then go long way.

i actually agree to this. The current gen of kpop fans are mostly multi-fandom. They buy albums of multiple groups but they wont attend all concerts for sure. Thats why older gen groups like BP TW or even RV MMM are able to hold bigger concert cause their fanbase consists of more die-hard fans.

SM in that aspect, probably was the best illustration back then. The SM groups have always been having the most loyal fanbase + company stans (back then). Hence album sales and tour revenue are correlated. Now, maybe not so much.

if u sell near 2m albums u should have too

where do those come from then? bc bp was selling domes at their second year, was sellin arenas of 20k for 3 days in thailand in 2019 that was with like 300k sales

so those numbers gotta come from somewhere

Let's be real. Those 2mil albums now probably equal to 300k back then

Groups selling 300k with 2 versions back then.

Now kpop groups easily have 10 versions or more (and these 10 not inclusive of store exclusive version like target, amazon etc or signed albums).

In second gen whole albums could chart, at least in the first few days/weeks. During 3rd Gen the public consensus was GG music was just generic and they albums were not good enough to get a play

Charting back then is not a good gauge of whether the songs have long-lasting impact. The charting was mainly download-driven and hence groups are easier to get #1 on first week back then. B sides were easy to chart on top10 due to mass download.

And i agree with you, the transition period was messy (streaming + limited # of downloads per month). Eventually, the streaming era changed everything. GGs are more accessible than ever since GP doesnt need to pay extra to download or stream their songs. The general consensus is still GG songs >> BG songs

could it also be partially contributed by less BGs are charting well + less solo artists are doing good?

Also, not sure you guys notice, less and less kdrama OST are doing extra good on chart. Few years back, Descendent of the sun and Goblin OSTs were charting super well. By this, i mean not only 1 but few songs are doing super well on charts. Nowadays, you barely see any

i might be weird but New Jeans is my top pick actually. Followed by ETA and Super Shy.

I kinda understand now why Super Shy was released 1st. It is the most GP-friendly /tiktok song that have the viral potential. ETA is kinda great too i hope it becomes Hype Boy 2.0

Okay im wrong.

I think Cool with You gonna be Hype Boy 2.0. It is doing worse than ETA on K charts but are getting more streams on spotify. It likely will have slower burnout rate just like hype boy

Do people know what an industry plant is 😭😭😭

Debuting under the biggest kpop company and created by one of the biggest creative names in kpop make New Jeans literally the opposite of an industry plant 😭😭😭😭

The term "industry plant" is also used to describe A music artist whose popularity is due to marketing efforts alone" which many have been accusing newjeans success is due to payola on spotify

Comparing everyone's peaks, they are probably not even top 10 among 2nd gen girl groups

Shouldnt a good comparison would be with SNSD? Both starts with cute concepts and 2nd gen too.

Apink is definitely the face of 2.5 gen. Im not sure how they would fit into the monstrous groups for gen 2 because most of them are from big 3 (snsd, 2ne1, fx, wonder girls, Miss A) and from ex-big 3 (Tara, Kara). Sistar was up there too. Im not sure who else did better than Apink. 4minute at most did as good as Apink

SNSD didnt start off with cute concept ffs They debut with into the new world. Gee was their breakout (being the "cute" song and hence ppl labelled them as cutesy group). They also never stay in that concept for even consecutive comeback. They followed up Gee with sexy/dreamy Genie and back to Oh! (Cutesy) but followed by diversed concepts - Run Devil Run, Mr. TAXI, The Boys. In short, SNSD is not comparable at all

Of course not, the group is never at any point in their career, top 5 most popular girl groups in Korea among their generations. Barely top10 even.

Apink definitely was top5 at certain point pf time, especially during Mr. CHU and LUV eras. 2nd gen GG rankings were super volatile. Many groups dropped off from top after scandal etc