Posts by gerrard174

Secondly i noticed that the song actually has an extended structure that makes it noticeably longer than your typical 2:45 disposable commercial "pop song" these days. It has a full bridge that goes into the final chorus, which itself has a cool little 15 second extended verse that does a great job of finishing the song in a satisfying way.

literally all iz*one title tracks have that "extended structure" or finishing part you mentioned except SSOS (it follows typical 3 chorus song structure). The "extended structure" usually has Eunbi singing part of it too, like it is a staple part she has in iz*one title tracks

The splitting of K J C really made a big difference + cell voting. Koreans were definitely afraid that many C and J will make it into the group when the C and J are dominating top rankings for many rounds

So towards the end of 1-pick, koreans barely vote for any of the C & J until they realise the interim ranking for final top 9 has only 1 foreign member (Suruiqi). At that point, koreans finally started to save some of the foreign members - XT Hikarua Mashiro

Even Chaehyun is downgraded a lot by the fandom. Like, I know really well she's not a powerful center, and Xiaoting is more at the center anyway, but pay some respect to the best vocalist of Girls Planet. Chaehyun contributes a lot for the group, she's one of the visual members and a good main vocal.

Sorry but u did not just brush off Bora like that. Bora is obviously the best in the song.

Chaehyun had her fair share of unstable moment / voice crack during live performance. She is barely a "good main vocal" im sorry to say that. She is at best at Karina level and karina aint no main vocalist

I think the mismanagement quoted by many is referring to lack of strategic direction. Like they dont know what to achieve with their group. Drastic flip flopping between concepts turned off some fans (e.g. ITZY) and blindly chasing trend (e.g. Mixxpop).

Funny enough, people hated songs written by JYP for the groups but usually those songs are the ones turning into hits

That's like saying SKZ are bigger in Korea then IVE because they sell more albums.

I-dle also shift music, to a massive extent, in China. Digital Album sales (as in people just buying the music), the most listeners on the digital platforms, and even performing well on QQ despite actually being exclusive to Netease.

Aespa do none of that. They have massive solo bars, but that's the extent of where their popularity ends.

That's a lie. Do u ever lurk on china sites or you just guess?

From the time i spent there + selling platforms, i have never seen GIDLE being more in demand than aespa 🙄🙄 this coming from someone who bought albums and photocards there

For reasons I mentioned above.

I agree that fans will usually go all out for full albums but given their young target market (unlike BP which has more fans from 2016) Even if fans want to bulk buy, the albums are expensive af + heavy (they have two photobooks in each album for god sake).

side note: The inclusions are terrible as well - 1 photocard +1 film photo + 1 poster. BP were giving 1 photocards + 2 polaroids on top of postcards. Having said so, the same could be said about LRSF - pricey album with little inclusions (seems to be norm for HYBE group ex NJWS)

I think IVE lower sales are contributed by

1) This is a full album, previous 3 are single album. This album is more expensive

2) absence of Rei impede their ability to do more fansign events. This comeback, they have very little video call and fansign events (less than Love Dive and After Like). Believe it or not, these events are really the big driver of sales (see NMIXX case)

We'll soo hoe much it will negatively influence their korean charting especially if they don't promote it much there

Actually newjeans never promote pre-release. So it is given that the pre-release will have to fight its way like Ditto did with zero promo (and im sure it will slay the charts from the hype alone)

After US promo, im sure they will make grand promo on korean shows after album drop. Min heejin is not stupid. Now that she has stakes in ADOR, she will not repeat what JYP did - American Dream and neglect S.Korea

Yeah i can't believe it took them 2 years to understand that it's thanks to promo that a group can be successfull

Like i said, LSM wanted to aespa a Blackpink 2.0 (not the concept, but the luxury, not your typical kind of idols). But he forgot that BP also came a long way before they could afford minimal promo at current juncture.

The new SM controlled by kakao is promoting aespa like IVE - full blown promo during comebacks

No one is saying Ive is not going extremely well in most of the major Digital streaming charts in Korea. If we only look at digital streaming charts in Korea its a clear #1. NJ #2. Ive #3. the rest.

But we at also looking at many other factors such as albums, other domestic (e.g. YouTube Korea live streaming which is bigger than melon now) and international charts, and then also important in the near to mid-term, growth relative to other groups, concept success historically in international markets, company experience internationally etc.

The only hold back factors i see in IVE are

1) Rei on hiatus hurting their Japan promo and concerts (i'm not going without Rei)

2) SSE not Big4 and hence less international network

IVE definitely will not be top in WW but they will hold their grip in Korea just like Twice did in their beginning years, whereas NewJeans/Le sserafim just like Blackpink will get more success from the wesr

2)

It was completely out of the chart last week so I have no idea what caused this specifically

I expect it’ll happen again with the new comeback and then when winter comes around again

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Many kpop songs with around 1 mil streams (e.g. Shut Down) are recharting too. Probably just a non peak season (no western album bombs)

IVE is on different league than the other 3..

First, their peak ULs are much higher than the rest (After Like 630k+, I AM 580k, Kitsch 500k)

Second, two back-to-back PAK songs. I really doubt anyone else except maybe NJ can do it (assuming the first song didnt block 2nd song like Ditto blocked OMG)

Lastly, they are consistently strong on chart. I AM and Kitsch still fighting for top spots despite songs being a month old. I AM still #1 on Vibe, Youtube and Flo blocking Spicy from RAK PAK. All 4 title tracks+ 1 prerelease are still charting on top 70 (Eleven #62 last week). All 5 songs are on Melon Building chart top 50 (After LIKE #7/ Kitach #9 / Love Dive #10 / I AM #16 / Eleven #45). Never seen so much love from koreans for a non big3 GG

Other than fan bars, which says nothing of their digital power. There's nothing to suggest that Aespa has a bigger foothold in china than I-dle.

I can guarantee you Aespa has more fans than IDLE in China. Especially when you look at the sales and prices+demans of the photocards. But Yuqi is still the most popular out of all these due to her promotion in China in Running Man. Followed by Karina