Posts by inspike

Your reasoning is pretty absurd. Look, we all know YG is incompetent, obviously in the ideal world Lisa's solo should come in early June, so everyone has time to save up for group CB later. But given the situation now, it's best to release Lisa solo before the group CB.

We all know the biggest single contributor to BP album sales is Lisa's China bar, so if you push Lisa's solo to the end of the year AFTER the group CB, we can be sure her China bar is going to boycott the group CB and the sales will drop anyway.

Compare that to having Lisa's solo released in July, she blows it out of the water, and attracts millions of new fans who will fill the void for Lisa China bar's lack of purchasing power for the group CB. I think this is the best course of action.

To sum it up, delaying Lisa solo again will do more damage than releasing it in July.

Ngl I would be super tired if every single time I comeback I have to surpass my previous one. Like give me a god dam fking break.

I'm not saying that they won't do well, but the girls obviously look amazing and are happy with what they are doing right now and that is more important than chasing achievements

Agreed. It's like imagine you get 100% on a test once, and then next time even if you get a 99% and still get called a flop by your classmates.

in Korean charting at least. Reason is simple, BEP is their producer, and he produced cheer up, TT, and Fancy for Twice. So it’s only a matter of time before he makes another national hit for StayC.

In fact, if we look at StayC’s performance, they went from not charting on Melon top 100 (mostly due to from a new company) to peaking at top 10 with their first comeback, that improvement is actually insane. So knowing BEP only makes public friendly songs, their next comeback will almost be a guaranteed top 5.

Their only competitors will be from the Big 4:

Aespa –We know that SM likes to be experimental, so mostly likely their songs will be hit or miss. In Next Level’s case, it’s a hit, but you never know how well the next song will chart. You can see this trend with RV, and it will probably carry on with Aespa.

Itzy – Finally back into top 10 on Melon 2 years into their career, and StayC already matched that with their first comeback. Again, BEP >>> JYP.

YGNGG – this is the only unknown. If Teddy is their producer, then YGNGG will outchart every other 4th gen group. If Teddy is not their producer, than StayC will remain #1.

BHNGG – we know nothing at this point.

*This is only talking about charting potential. Not counting Album sales, streams/views, because we know the big 4 will always have a huge advantage in that regard.

I usually give a song at least 20 listens until I judge. I was in the camp of hating MItM and next level after first listen, but after 20 listens or so I love both of them. But this one I just can't warm up to it. Like other said, it's too flat. Musically or vocally nothing captures attention.

Of course dancing and singing are objective. Sure, they both can't measure like math, but singing and dancing have proficiency level.

Well obviously somebody who never danced can't be good at dancing. My point is that past a proficient level, everything becomes subjective. Just like how both karina and Jennie are proficient at dancing and singing, who's style or tone you like more is subjective.

If this wasn't the case, then kpop companies just grab random people with a beautiful face and debute them.

actually, you may not know this, but there are idols who are street casted simply for looks, because you don't need to be a superb singer or dancer to become an idol. Singing and dancing can all be taught.

and this thread doesn even need to exist because I know my fav is the most talent and no one telling me otherwise.

And that's totally fine to have as an opinion, but don't state it as a fact, since it's subjective.

Everyone can be a kpop idols. Why don't you go and debute in kpop since you are saying those traits are subjective.

Well, this may come as a surprise to you, but not everybody wants to become a kpop idol. Imagine every little mistake you make become magnified 100X and published online, and even mere dating can become a "scandal".

I do believe she will come until end of July so your point makes sense, but I believe while not believing as YGE is shit...

I think most likely on the anniversary of HYLT. The teaser cycle is about 2 weeks for rosé, so I expect the same for Lisa, which means teasers should drop next week. But agree YGE is shit and we can always expect to be surprised in the worst way possible.

People are being doom and gloom because of the JP album announcement in august. But I actually see it as getting all of the procedural stuff and stuff most blinks don't care about out of the way so Lisa's promotion cycle will be un-interrupted.

Nobody wants to see a random JP album announcement during the heat of Lisa's promotion in July, so expect more random announcement this week and then it's Lisa time.

I never understood performing in masks. First of all, they are outside. 2nd, they could just wear masks when getting on and off the stage, and take off for the 3 minute performance, since there is no one around them anyways. Audience don't know who is who, its honestly a waste of time.