Posts by inspike

LOOOL I just asked my boyfriend and he got exactly where I was coming from he even gave me a better example, if someone is in their mid 20's (I'm 24) we can say we are approaching our 30's, as most people say (over here at least) to dramatise the fact they're getting older. I think ya'll need to really learn and use words correctly, it doesn't sound like you read up on definitions, but use words based on day to day convos

:siptear: As I said before a lot of people use the simplest words incorrectly and don't understand the full definition, point proven.

I really hate to be that person, but as a guy, sometime I wouldn't bother correcting my girl on trivial things like this, it's just not worth it. Maybe one day you will have a more fruitful discussion on the use of "approach" with a real grammar nazi. :wink:

Alex_Murphy  inspike Let me break it down for you clowns, the term approach can be used in many ways, I've already given examples, but the most easiest simplest analogy I can think of for you is if you were losing weight. Let's say you needed to lose 20 pound and lost 5 pounds, you'll be approaching your goal weight. Again standard ENGLISH definition. Coming nearer to someone or something in DISTANCE OR TIME. All these groups are approaching their year, aespa is approaching the one year, itzy are approaching their third year.

"come near or nearer to (someone or something) in distance or time"

Don't argue with me because I know my words and definitions precisely please :pepe-back-away:

haha you are funny. I'd recommend you go talk to a real person and test out your "approach" theory and report back. :pepelove2:

My point being is that whether it's changed up, evo's statement still wouldn't change. So in grander scheme of things, that was quite nitpicky for a subjective grammatical context in which neither both sides want to lose.

Because it seems like you guys could've just dropped it earlier and you'd just find another nitpick to feast on.

Out of curiosity, what would be your reaction if on the day after aespa debuted, people are saying aespa is approaching 1 year old, would you feel weirded out about it? I am not a grammar expert, but something just feel off if you use "approach" in that sense.

Anyways, I am done with this convo, it was fun, have a nice day :saint:

2) evo just stated "approaching 3 years" in reference. I see no harm in that as much as when someone states "a little over 2 years old". It's both factually correct. In a sense, they were just saying that ITZY isn't a rookie anymore as, afair, that's only title for less than 2-year old groups.

This conversation is getting so funny and ridiculous that I had to join in. I am aware that English is spoken in many countries, and speech patterns may be different. But at least in the US, when somebody use the word "approach" it means very close. So if I say "itzy is approaching 3 years old", 99% of the people will think they are 2 or 3 month or less away from being 3 years old.

To put it simpler, if you are closer to 2 years than to 3 years, you should not be using the word "approach"

People have birthdays, not anniversaries. Anniversaries are for nonpeople entities and events (everything that was not litterally born). That's my understanding of the word at least. But it works the same way.

If a group just passed their 2nd anniversary by a few weeks or a few months, then they're a 2 year old group. I will only round up to 3 if their 3rd anniversary is indeed coming soon.

The fact that you spent 2 pages educating Evo on the use of "approach" is just hilarious :angryr:

I think the companies are being lazy. Aespa is a new group and 2 of their 3 songs are remakes of old songs. I think ITZY had a great concept before, they fit into a space that there were not any other girl groups.

Disagreeing with me does not mean someone is wrong. It just means we have different opinions on the song.

Don't make a straw man to attack thats not what I actually think.

Most users here lack nuance, and I do agree with you. I wouldn't want my faves first 2 out of 3 songs to be remakes, even if they are good. Black mamba is an original song and it clearly fits the girls' style more than next level.

And show the new generation how to properly do girl crush. Everybody thinks it's easy, just add some EDM and bass and some rapping and call it a day, but let's be honest, it's the intangibles you can't replicate.

I think lyrics from this mega bop conveys it the best.

"Yeah, you're sick of all those other imitators

Don't let the only real one intimidate you" :pepemusic:

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Yeah, well, I'm my opnion they have, pretty much based of the age of the group. I mean "peaked" does not mean they over or something like that. Just that we probable will see a decline in the hype and intrest in the group

I would agree with you if BP actually released songs consistantly, but with their yearly hiatus they feel more like a 3 year group than a 5 year group.

None of these reports are from YG they’re speculation from investment firms/investors that are used to guide their advice & predictions about YGs stock price.

From what I’ve read they have no more inside information than any of us so they’re about as reliable as those insider accounts people follow on Twitter.